test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK Glory Farmers.

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
These people need to be dealt with asap, it is game breaking for PvP.

They join the instance and go afk and still get rewarded.

Ethier Kick people after 30 seconds or ban them from signing up to PvP queues for 4 hours upon finishing a pvp event with no action taken.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This should not be ignored.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You can kick people from pvp if they afk. Tried it today with some friends.
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    why dont u tell us how
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can kick people from pvp if they afk. Tried it today with some friends.

I'd love to know how too and so would everyone else I'd be betting.
  • razerozerazeroze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    I'd love to know how too and so would everyone else I'd be betting.

if you're the party leader, right click their portrait and choose to kick them. if you're not party leader, then tough luck.
  • redhairingredhairing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being leader in a random party of 5 people just to kick someone who shouldn't be able to afk in a PvP arena, in the first place, is incredibly stupid.

afk-farming shouldn't be allowed at all. A votekick feature would do wonders.
  • thevoodudethevoodude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have had two games ruined in a row by this. One on my side, one on the other team. As the OP said, this needs to be dealt with ASAP, or you are going to lose a lot of your dedicated PvP community fast.
  • unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Last night, two different people in my guild (that I know of!) experienced this happening not once, but multiple times. At least in some cases they reported the offending players. It completely ruins PvP and makes me lose pretty much all interest in doing it.
  • punkrobartpunkrobart Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat timers, kick the player if they are not in combat every 2-3 minutes. Also a "vote to kick" option.
    If you get kicked, or don't get any score you should not be allowed to enter another bg for 30minutes.
  • mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And while you would deal with that, it would be nice to deal with after disconnection unbalance. Let reinforcement connect to on-going match if it needs players.
  • wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    redhairing wrote: »
    Being leader in a random party of 5 people just to kick someone who shouldn't be able to afk in a PvP arena, in the first place, is incredibly stupid.

That and many other stuff which I wonder why in 2013 I have to do what I was doing back in 2005, like gather the group around, leave a party manually after PvP or skirmish, hot-seat drop-in for PvE and PvP etc.

I have no idea what they are thinking.
    That's a fact!
  • spondgebob1spondgebob1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just leave the game and queue for new and hope there is no afkers there ... since they dont do anything about this issue
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This will not solve anything at all. People will still use bots to just queue and follow you. Which is what happens in other games too. There is unfortunately no solutions to the pvp auto-farming....oh wait...get 4 friends to play with you!
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How hard is to release a game with auto kick feature for afkers in PVP? seems like it is very hard since this is 6th MMO release where i have to deal with this very similar problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont understand how an mmo comes to open beta in 2013 with afk pvp allowed and need allowed to every class ninja them all!
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • zsprawlzsprawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The trading of glory doesn't help...
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope this gets fixed soon.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently AFK is a Pandemic. This is another forum with the same issue in game. Maybe AFKing is more of a problem than most DEVs can squash.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • thkrythkry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd say if someone is afk for 30 seconds (standing still / not doing anything), autokick and replace him with someone in order to not make the game unbalanced. Also if random generated teams, it might be bad to give one person the power to kick, should be able to vote kick in order to make it a bit better.

Got to admit, you sometimes have to wait a bit at capture points, could perhaps limit it to afking at spawn. Also if the losing team just gives up, they could /forfeit or something instead of camping at spawn to end the game faster, but then should halve (or remove) the reward given to the team and not give them the daily reward. It's not fun just waiting for victory or seeing other teammates just giving up and got to wait for the game to end.
  • rayni250rayni250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed it needs to have auto features added for all that have been mentioned, but it is managed pretty easily even when not party leader. Just ask the party leader to kick them, no one likes an AFK leacher, they'll kick em.
  • thkrythkry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rayni250 wrote: »
    Agreed it needs to have auto features added for all that have been mentioned, but it is managed pretty easily even when not party leader. Just ask the party leader to kick them, no one likes an AFK leacher, they'll kick em.
    That doesn't help much, the kicked person should be replaced. I admit, the kicked person would get less profit from the game but still.. There should be some options that "Accept ongoing pvp games" due to you might be joining to a losing battle.
  • aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idea: No more glory for finishing a PvP map, but instead:
    10 Glory for a kill
    5 Glory for a assist

(Domination only)
    5 Glory for successful capping

This will deter AFK farming because nothing to get from doing nothing.
  • mrsleepermrsleeper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to get rid of the kick function and add something like if you don't hit an enemy player for 2 mins you leave the battlegrounds. I've been kicked a few times and just now due to pricks for either stealing a kill or some other equally lame ****... Honestly having a kick option solely at the discretion of party leader is the worst mechanic you can possible have for an MMO, the devs must be ****ing idiots.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aendaeron wrote: »
    Idea: No more glory for finishing a PvP map, but instead:
    10 Glory for a kill
    5 Glory for a assist

(Domination only)
    5 Glory for successful capping

This will deter AFK farming because nothing to get from doing nothing.

Its an objective based map. Kills shouldn't yield higher glory than doing the actual objective.

But I do like the idea behind it. This way AFKers get nothing.

There is nothing worse than having AFKers in your group and they are the leader so you cant kick them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • thedzelthedzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if the majority are afk farming, a voting system wouldn't work at all. you would have to have some sort of "if you dont leave the spawn area after 2 mins you are kicked" system. honestly they should do to PvP what they did to the foundry, nerf it to the ground as far as gains.
  • rayni250rayni250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thkry wrote: »
    That doesn't help much, the kicked person should be replaced. I admit, the kicked person would get less profit from the game but still.. There should be some options that "Accept ongoing pvp games" due to you might be joining to a losing battle.

It does auto replace them...
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bots are in there afking because you can farm glory that way and then sell the Glory for AD and then sell the AD for real money.

PvP in this game was a complete and total afterthought and now that the Foundry exploits are tied up people are moving on to the next thing to exploit. I leveled to 60 on Foundry and did PvP matches (not afk but with no gear holding back my team) to get my gear and now I'm better geared for dungeons than anyone else with virtually zero experience on how to play my alt. Kinda beautiful on how easily they set up the game to be taken advantage of.

Worse, the entire system is borked. If you kick someone, it doesn't auto replace them. I know because I've kicked multiple AFKers and never got replacements leaving me to sit up there with 2/5 people camped by 5 others. Also if one of the AFKers get lead nothing you can do about it. Vote Kicking would only work if it isn't majority.

They will likely squash this like they did the Foundry but because they don't have the ability/capability/time/etc they will likely do a blanket nerf that kills everything rather than address the real issues with any kind of precision (IE: Remove trading PvP gear, make rewards performance based on damage/healing/kills/assists/point captures/defenses rather than just showing up, and other changes).
    nwsignature.jpg
  • reddayspringreddayspring Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something else that would be a huge deterrent to actual players afking halfway through a game is a reward for losing based on how competitive the game was. If you're down like at like 200 vs 300 you can still totally come back and win, but if you lose and drag out a 900:1000 game you get the same reward as if you'd just wandered off and made a sandwich and lost 200:1000 only it takes a lot longer if you actually tried.
  • hotsaucekrhotsaucekr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This **** is getting out of hand - 7 out of 8 of my last games had an AFKer on my team
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have kicked AFK people before, but I can see that giving the party leader the absolute power to kick could be abused. There should be some vote feature.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi