test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Massive Bug or intended?] Freely explore the world outside the foundry

splintttsplinttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey there all,

Been messing around a bit in the foundry and was testing out some crazy idea's when i somehow managed to actually get on the Protector's Enclave map.

From there i was able to visit all the vendors and quest givers and exit out and teleport to all the other available maps i was able to freely roam the world and explore it in my own private instance.

Since it is only you in your own private instance i don't see it as a big problem as the things u gain are not transferred to the actual main servers, however i can imagine it taking a hit on the servers if players were to all have their own private instance in the world.

Here is example of me exploring the low lvl dungeon in the Tower District after leaving Protector's Enclave

http://i.imgur.com/biCjfTH.jpg

So was wondering if this is actually intentional or a bug in the foundry system? :eek:

If it is a bug what are the best ways to go about reporting it.
Post edited by splinttt on

Comments

• gtdcarthagegtdcarthage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe this was somewhat intended so that you could figure out testing your quest when it partly uses NPC's and objects from the game world. (Like as if you're talking to one of the NPC's in a public town instance)

It's a little strange though - now you could practically roll an L30 character and experience everything in Neverwinter while in God Mode. :P
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . This is intended so you can see what the zones all have to offer you in your creations. You get your own private instance of the game world when in the foundry. Since your foundry character can never interact with another character, there is nothing to worry about. Since the world is split into instances itself (when in PE, the Graveyard is not loaded, for example), this also should not be an issue with causing server lag.
  • splintttsplinttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a little strange though - now you could practically roll an L30 character and experience everything in Neverwinter while in God Mode. :P

Exactly why i was a bit skeptical to think this was done intentional :P
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . This is intended so you can see what the zones all have to offer you in your creations. You get your own private instance of the game world when in the foundry. Since your foundry character can never interact with another character, there is nothing to worry about. Since the world is split into instances itself (when in PE, the Graveyard is not loaded, for example), this also should not be an issue with causing server lag.

Awesome thanks for the reply,

I assume i can then safely resume exploring the world in foundry mode now without the risk of getting banned?

Just making sure ;)