test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any news on the Scourge Warlock?

azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been playing CW to get my caster fix but I really want to play a straight up DD caster class. Any news on when it's supposed to be released?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said it was "almost ready for release", so probably sooner rather than later. My guess is at the latest the time they let others play drow. Be cool if it was sooner, but who knows. Another caster class would be great.
  • tfeakkane0tfeakkane0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the desire for a blastermage.

That is all.
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cw practically is a dd mage since your more or less forced to go renegade as all the other trees are lackluster.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, ive been waiting for whenever my gf wants to play so I can play my CW but I would love to just single play a Warlock and just BURN EVERYTHING MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there's news, you're not going to have to ask for it. It will be really, really obvious.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only real question/concern with Scourge Warlock is the Pacts. Are we going to have them, are we not going to have them, if we get them, which ones are we getting to start with, ect. ect. ect.

I mean, I would REALLY hate to get shoe horned into Inferno Pact. Maybe I want Star Pact, or Vestige if/when they give it to us. But the biggest problem with that that is alot of coding for all the moves for each pact. So, we may very well get shoe horned into one kind of pact. Inferno for the Scourge and Fey for the Deceptive.
  • thisdaysdemisethisdaysdemise Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    couatl13 wrote: »
    My only real question/concern with Scourge Warlock is the Pacts. Are we going to have them, are we not going to have them, if we get them, which ones are we getting to start with, ect. ect. ect.

I mean, I would REALLY hate to get shoe horned into Inferno Pact. Maybe I want Star Pact, or Vestige if/when they give it to us. But the biggest problem with that that is alot of coding for all the moves for each pact. So, we may very well get shoe horned into one kind of pact. Inferno for the Scourge and Fey for the Deceptive.

You're going to be stuck with Inferno.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    couatl13 wrote: »

Probably will be stuck into the paragon paths, with certain powers for each. Sadly though i bet it's one only when the class is launched, like all the others.
  • saamarsaamar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm eager for the Warlock too. Now the question is, do I roll a tiefling, human, or drow warlock? Decisions decisions...
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're going to be stuck with Inferno.

See, that's honestly what I am half expecting. Which, yet again, sucks. Will it stop me from making a Warlock? No, probably not. Just be happier with choices.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saamar wrote: »
    I'm eager for the Warlock too. Now the question is, do I roll a tiefling, human, or drow warlock? Decisions decisions...

Going Drow myself. I have a lot of human characters in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obitussssobitussss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I`d personally really like to play a scourge warlock with the dark pact path chosen - I`m planning to play a warlock drow so it`d fit perfectly
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if the stick to the things we know then:

At-Will Powers:

Eldritch Blast: 1d10 + Charisma or Constitution modifier damage. Increase damage to 2d10 + Charisma or Constitution modifier at 21st level.

Curse: :cool:

Shadowslip (Misty Step) dodge

Encounter Powers

Dreadheft: 3d8 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage. If this attack drops a target to 0 hit points or fewer, the power is not expended.

Fierybolt: 3d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage, and creatures adjacent to the target take 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage.

Killing Flames: 3d8 + Constitution modifier fire damage.

Vampiric Embrace: 2d8 + Constitution modifier necrotic damage, and you gain 5 temporary hit points.

Daily Powers:

Accursed Souls: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an enemy you have cursed is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, enemies adjacent to that target take 10 necrotic damage.

Brood of Hadar: 3d10 + Constitution modifier necrotic damage. If this damage is enough to reduce the target to 0 hit points, make a secondary attack.

Infectious Curse: 2d12 + Constitution modifier damage. Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to the target gains your Warlock's Curse.

Phelgethos if Flames of Phelgethos: (3d10 + Constitution modifier fire damage.)

Tyranical Curse if Tyrannical Threat: 1d10 + Constitution modifier psychic damage, and you place your Warlock's Curse on the target.

source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php
    Scourge Warlock
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saamar wrote: »
    I'm eager for the Warlock too. Now the question is, do I roll a tiefling, human, or drow warlock? Decisions decisions...[/QUO

Dragonborn ?:p
  • steamsharksteamshark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I concur. Straight up blaster is missing.
    tfeakkane0 wrote: »
    I second the desire for a blastermage.

That is all.
  • golgorzedgolgorzed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    UNFAIR!
    Expantion 3 on the verge and NO WARLOCK?
    PWE!
    Where is my hellfire spewing caster of destuction?
    Where is heeeee?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think he is busy dealing with Necromancers on the forums.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've been farming stuff for the past two months so that I can give them to my warlock when she finally arrives! AUGH, I want Warlock so badly!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    I've been farming stuff for the past two months so that I can give them to my warlock when she finally arrives! AUGH, I want Warlock so badly!

yeah i hoped for warlock with module 3 to
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They said they'll announce more information as it's available so maybe if we speak loud enough they'll consider adding Warlock to the Icewind Dale module?

Personally though, I'm waiting for the bard and then I'm going to collect red dyes and make him look like a Red Mage, see my avatar for a reference. :P
  • oxnard180oxnard180 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You want to put the warlock in module 3!
    *Jedi mind trick*
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    timmo1988 wrote: »
    They said they'll announce more information as it's available so maybe if we speak loud enough they'll consider adding Warlock to the Icewind Dale module?

Either it is close to ready so they will be adding it or it isn't. I don't think they are going to add the warlock if it isn't ready to go even if we ask for it.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unless the news in the article arent subject to changes/additions, MAYBE, in the long road til Mod3 realease, well have news about the SW.

In the wrost case scenario, we wont have a SW by Mod3. However, they might hide the SW annoucement til very close to Mod3 release, which IMO, would be a smart move. Im in hopes of the later.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unless the news in the article arent subject to changes/additions, MAYBE, in the long road til Mod3 realease, well have news about the SW.

In the wrost case scenario, we wont have a SW by Mod3. However, they might hide the SW annoucement til very close to Mod3 release, which IMO, would be a smart move. Im in hopes of the later.
    Same here. they've outright stated that the new news announcement is subject to change over the coming weeks, so we have hope for the future. We'll have to see how things roll.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Closed for Necromancy. Please use the following, "living" thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?529281
This discussion has been closed.