test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clerics end game a broken class is this being looked at by PW???

2»

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    There does seem to still be a problem with aggro and threat with this class. Healing does even with all points placed into the threat reduction traits make it harder to keep adds off of you in the game so something is definitely not functioning as intended when a heal is setoff and suddenly the enemies are like " OH HEY LOOK THERE'S A CLERIC GITTEM! " and everyone including the boss is suddenly on the cleric. That's poor game design or a serious bug either way it needs fixing.

Also, other titles have had to learn that if you want your tanks to have any kind of controls over threat they need more AOE swings to keep the attention of whatever they are tanking. If your tank has all 1 target abilities and no AOE's there's something wrong there too (dunno because I don't play one.)
  • Options
    talanrieltalanriel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glymm82 wrote: »
    that fight is also a 15 minute fight requiring active coordination and active peeling of adds ... the point is ... an organized group peeling adds and the cleric acting as a heal/buff/debuff ... Controller/Leader is exactly what they advertised the class as ... not as a stand still and hope they live ... also if you watch they all are using the healing stones which allows them to not rely on constant heals from the cleric ... at tier 1 people are posting EASY spam aoe heals with everyone peeling mob sets ... tier 2 evidently I mean I know it is crazy to think but ... people will have to get superior items and play like a boss ^_^ ... we were discussing the masses and I related a pro group to show that at lvl 36 ... it is EASY to save the cleric and play differently then all this whining about something in BETA that already has skill based answers to not tank ... and if you are tired of heal tanking ... roll a different game ... because every class is heal tanking

Hey, did anyone know that three periods is not regularly used as punctuation? It is a verbal pause that intimates that you are asking leading question or expecting someone to form their own conclusion from something you have hinted at, hopefully for them to resolve themselves (maybe due to some skillful verbal sparring on your part).
  • Options
    mrchocoperumrchocoperu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a lvl 60 DC 9,400 GS and i have to say... why the F*ck the aggro is on us all the time i cant even focus on heal cus BOSS adds are all the time on me .. 10 adds at the same time attacking me .. that's not fun .. the GF cant even tank more than 1 mob ..
    Its like all the time BOSS and ADDS are on me and i cant even move! -.-
    its a bug or something cus it really bothers me :S !
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    their healing isent enough to save anyone in epic dungeons, they dont have damage comparable to all the other classes, and their piddly utility doesnt win fights at endgame, looks like endgame guilds are opting for 2 CW's and just benching the cleric, and who blames them? CW is superior in damage and brings REAL "utility" in the form of game changing CC

Clerics need their healing given back to them, they need to become relevant or they will not be taken to serious dungeon groups, all the non clerics or level 20 clerics hear spouting nonsense will not be happy at endgame when their class is irrelevant

Are you serious? Last time I ran Spellplague, the ONLY person having to use pots was myself. This proves my point. We can heal just fine, if it's not ourselves that is.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    All these threads about classes purpose being unclear and we've yet to hear a word from Cryptic or PW. Sure would like some clarification.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep the clerics the way they are!!
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think clerics are actually in a pretty good spot. Although, I would REALLY appreciate the removal of the self-heal debuff
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Although, I would REALLY appreciate the removal of the self-heal debuff

^ this x 10000000

Thanks.