test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you Clarify New Thread Unlocking?

prootwaddleprootwaddle Member Posts: 226 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The Champions Online forums are clogging up with people who are frustrated with NeverWinter Online but feel that they can't post here because they can't create new threads.

Can a mod please clarify the process and/or start unlocking people's posting rights?

Am I correct that it is not an automatic process and requires a mod to intervene?

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
Post edited by prootwaddle on

Comments

• tgndean1tgndean1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously!

I have been trying to get a recruitment post up for "No Dice" for a week now and I still havent been given my rights...

We are a gaming community with over 1000+ active members. If you don't want that kind of attention in your game then
    I will take No Dice somewhere else.
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Member Posts: 226 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I recommend people get involved in discussions on this forum, taking care to reply to mods with something intelligible so they realise your account can be safely unlocked.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • jimbobslimbobjimbobslimbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say this seems to be a very good way to alienate people from using the forums. I myself wanted to create a topic and get the ball rolling but found I cannot because I need to be authenticated. Poor show.

I hope the moderators realise they are driving new-comers to the forums straight out of the door.
  • palelonginuspalelonginus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is indeed bizarre. I came here to post on a certain topic, but apparently I can't...
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    wait, is there no option to start a new thread in the forum tools pull down for people? I didn't have to wait at all to be able to create new threads.
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    wait, is there no option to start a new thread in the forum tools pull down for people? I didn't have to wait at all to be able to create new threads.
    Nope, I have 3 options - none of which are anything to do with creating a thread.
  • palelonginuspalelonginus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My posting permissions say: 'You may not post new threads.'
    edited May 2013
    Yup, mine says the same as you, palelonginus.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a common issue with new PWE users. Can't remember how it's resolved, though. Best to contact customer support. If you get the redirect loop issue, you can email them yourself at customerservice@perfectworld.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks I will give that a go.
  • morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, i wanted to create a topic but i am not able to. Is it because i am not a founder or what?
  • offshore66offshore66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can we report bugs if we can't post anything on the forums at all? I can't access the gateway on my Android device for some reason, though other people I know can. Would like to get some help in the bug forums or somewhere but can't get a foothold with posting rights.
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this is really dysfunctional. New players need to be able to ask questions. Zone/General chat rarely can offer answers, simply because it is spammed by so many things and so fast. And for someone who is just trying to do a simple thing, but can't figure it out on their own, it is truly frustrating. I've been playing just 3 days now and had to wade through so much just for simple commands, like how to auto reply to a tell, or how to get back to the Enclave... Makes the game too arduous sometimes.
  • zathosdonzathosdon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, my quest guides (the littel glowing lines that show you where to go) have stopped working.
    Anyone have any idea what is wrong?
    Do I have to delete my character and start a new one for them to come back?

And not letting me post questions in the forum is a total EA games move.... ):
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Zath, i notice mine disappear too, if I have marked a target on the map. If you unclick the target, the lines should reappear. Or it is because they are in a different area than you are in
    edited May 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    Zath, i notice mine disappear too, if I have marked a target on the map. If you unclick the target, the lines should reappear. Or it is because they are in a different area than you are in

Hey thanks for the reply!
    I understand how the target marking works, I don't think that is it, no marks in the region
    that I am in, and I have several quests in the region I am in...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . If you (they) are still unable to post new threads after one week since your (their) first visit to the forums (not register/join date), please contact Support right away.

. . . . . In the mean-time, if you (they) need to post a bug report, PM any moderator and we'll be happy to start a new thread for you (them) to post in and then remove our starting posts to make your (their) reply the OP of the thread.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Moon, and I managed to get my quest guides back by deleting all my quests and getting one quest at a time.
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant post new threads either even though my account is a few months old already and I bought founder's pack? how do i fix it
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I cant post new threads either even though my account is a few months old already and I bought founder's pack? how do i fix it
    Account age doesn't matter. Please see my other post, which is two posts above yours, for details.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they do this to new account holders and to those who continually Troll....but if you have a character past level ten and are in good standing you should be fine....might want to send a ticket.
    zebular wrote: »
    In the mean-time, if you (they) need to post a bug report, PM any moderator and we'll be happy to start a new thread for you (them) to post in and then remove our starting posts to make your (their) reply the OP of the thread.

So are new accounts time locked then Zeb?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • xroselessxroseless Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a question too, but I can't open a new thread either.. I was just wondering if the hotkeys on the bottom of the screen are the only hotkeys available for powers. My Rogue has got two or three Daily Powers now, but I can only place one of them in the hotkey thingy (same for At-Will powers, I haven't got enough spots). I would like to be able to use more than just one or two Daily powers and two At-Will powers x]
  • redphantom01redphantom01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to explain a little helpful tip to new people to Neverwinter (or new people to MMORPGs in general because seriously this is like baby's first MMO levels of basic rules) about when is it okay to "need, greed, or pass" on loot.
    And then I saw that I couldn't create a thread because my account is "too young."
    That's still slightly less annoying than the willful ignorance of something almost as basic as learning how to open your ******* inventory window or "stick 'em with the pointy end!"
    edited May 2013
    Hey zebular,
    Thanks for your advice in the message above.
    It appears that the forum is not automatically granting the ability to post new msgs.
    can you look at this for me please.
    edited May 2013
    zathosdon wrote: »
    Hey zebular,
    Thanks for your advice in the message above.
    It appears that the forum is not automatically granting the ability to post new msgs.
    can you look at this for me please.
    Howdy!

. . . . . I am sorry but you will need to contact Support and let them know as it is an Account Flag and not something a Moderator can enable or disable. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. You can contact them by the Support Link up top the forums or by email at customerservice@perfectworld.com - be sure to include both your Account Name and your Forum Nickname. PWE/Cryptic will NEVER ask for your password.
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please please grant me rights to post been trying to dicuss foundry stuff for week now even emailed a ticket and nothing
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • eaglerock1eaglerock1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks - much appreciated!
    The Champions Online forums are clogging up with people who are frustrated with NeverWinter Online but feel that they can't post here because they can't create new threads.

Can a mod please clarify the process and/or start unlocking people's posting rights?

Am I correct that it is not an automatic process and requires a mod to intervene?
  • gren0gren0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did the rule change? It seems to take a lot longer than a week from logging into the forums to be able to create new threads.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Nope. :)

On rare occasions for reasons unknown to me the system will not automatically grant users permission to post new threads. In this case simply send in a Support Ticket and they will happily adjust your settings manually.

Sorry about the inconvenience!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The new poster restriction is an anti-spam measure enacted by PWE some time ago. If more than a week has passed since your first post in a given forum (you can still post to existing threads, and your timer starts from your first post) then please submit a ticket as your account will have to be unlocked manually.

Closed for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.