test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level lockouts for dungeons = fail

nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
its really annoying...because i had to wait so long for a queue it happend twice that i "passed" a dungeon that i could not experience...its really annoying and unnecessary - why not simply "scale" down people regards power - upscaling is done as well in pvp...?
Post edited by nemesis788450 on

Comments

• direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can still enter them if you're outleveled. You just have to enter the dungeon manually with self formed party. Queuing is for level appropriate players who want an even party. If you could queue you'd have level 50+ characters in parties or people doing the dungeons for the first time, one shotting everything.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as said scaling to dungeon level - problem solved
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as said scaling to dungeon level - problem solved

True. That would solve the issue.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also find that the Queue lockout is far too lenient on the low end than the high end.. If players queued for lair of the Mad Dragon at the minimum queue level I doubt they could finish the dungeon. Levels make a huge difference in this game compared to others
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    True. That would solve the issue.

and destroy the game
  • gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    It'd be nice if you knew what the queue level range was.
  • kukagenkykukagenky Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second that
    neverwinter: PEINEXDEM(warlock)31*----PEINEX(trickster rouge)70
    ethersaga: PEINEXDEM(yaoh conjurer)75*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/ridingwithwolftvv
    I used to be an adventure like you until I took a dagger to the chest
  • crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why scale down at all when you can just go to the location of the instance and people will be there shouting out "LF XXXX group"
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and destroy the game

Don't quite see it destroying the game. In fact, scaling would make it much easier to bring new friends into Neverwinter and play alongside them without rolling a new character each time.

We know it can be done at some level because it is there for PvP matches.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    its really annoying...because i had to wait so long for a queue it happend twice that i "passed" a dungeon that i could not experience...its really annoying and unnecessary - why not simply "scale" down people regards power - upscaling is done as well in pvp...?

They definitely have room for adjustment here that's for sure. They would be better off leaving all dungeons to scale to the size of the 7-10 level block that the players fall within instead of doing the other way around.