test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You need to work on fixing PvP crashes ASAP

sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Its ridiculous, when you fight a team stacked with CW and TR, you crash 5-6 times in a single domination fight. Everytime you log back on, you have an injury (what the hell?). To add insult to injury, if you have the poor luck of crashing towards the end and it finishes with you offline, you get NOTHING. No glory. it is absolutely frustrating and I know im not the only player it affects or pisses off.
Soldiers live. And wonder why.
Post edited by sandanglotka on

Comments

• prevail517prevail517 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has never happened to me. I kind of doubt its a game issue as much as a computer issue.
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happens all the time to people in my groups too, it isnt just me its talked about in /zone chat as well. And its not a computer issue, i could run 4 copies of this game at the same time and have 0 lag.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happens constantly on my cleric and I saw a few topics about this already.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 2 people in my PvP group disconnect about 3 times in one match. They were saying every time the TR did his aoe smoke bomb move they would be booted. I don't know if that was purely coincidental or what, but the fact of the matter is that recently(the past 2 days or so) I have seen multiple people disconnected from the PvP match.

Some games on my team other games on the opposing team and sometimes myself included.

It isn't fun no matter who gets disconnected. I don't want a match that is impossible to win because we had 2 people d/c for a minute or so. I also don't want a match that is so easy and boring because my enemies have d/c for 1 minute or more.
    Whatever they need to do to ensure PvP connection stability I hope they will soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • eleraaneleraan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all the trolls talking about get a better comp, My comp specs vastly exceed this games req. I've never crashed til I started PVPing. Its highly annoying.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive crashed a few times, and ive seen others crash as well. I have also heard talk and noticed people from the other team seaming to DC.
    I as a TR, have been smoke bombed myself and been fine mor than not, and ive used it and had the foe completely fine. "rarely" does it occur, however when it occurs it likes to repeat on the same person for the entire match, then it will be fine like nothing happened.
    An issue I have, is people Insisting the cause, and claiming its the players intent to crash others. Many many survive without crash.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same deal here, my computer exceeds the recommendations and I rarely DC. I can't talk for the others I have played with, maybe they do need a better PC but maybe not.

I have never had the smoke bomb dc me before but thats what a few people were saying did it to them. They never said it was the players intention, or that some one was hacking/cheating through forced dc. I think it's just some weird underlying problem. I just hope they figure it out and address it fast. Because anyone dcing from either team makes the game unenjoyable.

Another thing is when people just give up and sit at the campfire because "its faster" or they just leave if they think they arent going to win. I dont know about a deserter status or just a click and report afk option would help or not. But just becasue you dont think you can win why give up? Why make it that much easier and faster for the opposing team. If theyre going to win make it take as long as possible. Why help feed someone else glory points? Or maybe I'm just being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have never crashed during pvp either, strange. I wonder if it something to do with outdated video drivers or something? I had an issue like this with another game and updating my drivers fixed it strangely enough (now I always keep them up to date).
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh man, this happens to me alot.
  • agrias34agrias34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Yes this is a real thing and does happen to more people than you would think. It is caused by the rogue's smoke bomb skill, and it has nothing to do with people needing better computers. I made a huge post about it in the technical forums and maybe with this thread,the devs can see it and maybe start working on a solution for it.
  • reactedreacted Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so I've seen some ppl say it has to do with internet I have a 100/50 mb/s connection, It just happened to me. I died in a smoke bomb and the entire game just froze, so I'm guessing it has to do with dying inside a smoke bomb?
  • hate90hate90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crashes are caused by smoke bomb skill, which is used by rogues. Some rogues know pretty well it crashes opponents and they use it on purpose - such as Bread Sticks.
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good news everyone. :)
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.
    Stability and Performance
    • Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    • Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201931-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-16&p=2741451&viewfull=1#post2741451
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Never happened to me. I did see people talking in Chat about how a particular TR move I think it was, can cause crashing. And that it was acknowledged by the team.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Hasnt happened to me once...It's a computer problem =/ Something you have doesnt agree with the game...best to check with your video card provider for patches...Make sure you're running the game as admin...drivers updated yada yada basic stuff. Don't presume something and start screaming "fix this or else". Just makes you look silly. If it was a in game issue it would be happening to everyone not a specific few.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Just another reminder, a fix for this is in tomorrow (today's) patch notes.
    Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16
  • reactedreacted Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hasnt happened to me once...It's a computer problem =/ Something you have doesnt agree with the game...best to check with your video card provider for patches...Make sure you're running the game as admin...drivers updated yada yada basic stuff. Don't presume something and start screaming "fix this or else". Just makes you look silly. If it was a in game issue it would be happening to everyone not a specific few.

So I assume you don't PvP? This happen in about every match all of a sudden 2-3 ppl on your team just dc, I too have been the victim of this a few times and no its not a computer problem. Its happening to everyone not a specific few, at least everyone who pvp..