test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OP pay to win starter weapon, did you use it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have found the "Recommended" comments to be useless in the extreme, It's constantly telling me to switch to inferior gear.
    I ran through 1-16 so often in closed beta I got tired of it and was ok with using the Greycloak weapon to move on up...if you dont like it...discard it.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Used it until about level 20-25. It does make the 1-15 extremely easy as it is a level 20 weapon. Starts to equalize out the closer you get to replacement weapons.
    Yeah I have found the "Recommended" comments to be useless in the extreme, It's constantly telling me to switch to inferior gear.
    I ran through 1-16 so often in closed beta I got tired of it and was ok with using the Greycloak weapon to move on up...if you dont like it...discard it.

Recommended works off of Gear Score on the item. It is a very inaccurate method of gear recommendation.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    And yes, it is a pay to win item. For real money you get to power level all your characters. It is not a bad thing, but real (not cosmetic or consumable) items for money is what pay to win means.

What, exactly, do you "win" by getting to level 15 a few hours faster than others? You already lost the race to the cap.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay to win clearly means very different things to some people. All I can say is I assure you I was not intending to insult this game (which I like, a lot actually) so much as describe the item (paid for it? check. Better than what is freely available? check. -> therefore is PTW).

I appreciate those who answered the actual question rather than go off on a rant about terminology.