The game is great, but I am skeptical

2»

Comments

• riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    <snip>

Hear, hear.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But that isn't the reasons for all the hate.(not that I'm saying the OP is hating) The reason is forum drama and trolling developers is the new e-sport.

and not even a green item for a successful trolling! :)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    Yeah like,,, RESPECS and BAGS

Respec's are a luxury and should be charged through the nose for. You get 2 bags free for questing and I see regular bags of holding for sale in the Auction House.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So basically, I'm asking the more experienced players, is it really like this? How much would I have to pay for this game (on average) to get the to be on par with everyone else out there at end game PVP? How much for end game PVE? I really feel the urge to start playing this game full time, but this is a major deal breaker for me. Anything more than 20 euros a month would be just absurd in my eyes.

Zero dollars.

You can get everything you want and need using time farming Astral Diamonds. [and let me ask farming diamonds is different than farming in any other MMO how?]

Mounts ... really the difference is 40% speed increase versus 110% speed increase. You can buy a white horse for 5 gold and then spend Astral diamonds to upgrade it to rank 3 and 110% speed. You can also buy a higher rated mount from the Auction House for Astral Diamonds.

Companions ... I have purple dire wolf and a free white cleric companion. My direwolf is level 13 currently and my cleric is level 8. I actually am finding them both useful in different ways and the cleric isn't less useful than the direwolf. The cleric heals 20% of my hit points so the clerics level isn't as important. Frankly I could get by with just the white companion. Note right now I saw purple companions for sale in the Auction house for very reasonable prices. And while the leveling books are not in game yet you will be able to buy for gold or AD book to level your white companions.

Bags ... you get two free bags just for questing and during closed beta that is all I used. Frankly I didn't find it a problem, just sell the excess you don't want to hang onto. But I also have seen Greater Bags of holding for sale in the Auction house for AD.

pretty much all the other stuff in the Zen store are luxuries that make life easier but are not required to play.

Pretty much all good items are drops, available for AD, or available for AD in the Auction House.

Respec's are not required to play unless you feel you need to switch between a PvE build and PvP build all the time. and because they are not required they are sensibly for sale for cash. Even there if you farm for AD you can buy zen in the trade system.

Final summary is that you don't NEED to spend any money on the game. Now spending money is a convenience that saves you effort in farming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't most F2P games . No fee for added levels . no fee to access PvP . no fee to access zones . no fee to join guilds or use mail . This game is truly F2P. You have all access to the game for FREE .
    Like the guy who said " you can buy a ton of active companion slots and have your own army ' WRONG . Active slots just let you have companions geared out . You can only have ONE in play at a time . Like most people they think something is one way and complain before they even check it out .
  • scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    it's already infinitely better than DDO, why?

- because I was able to create an account & play on day 1
    - didn't have to wait for a free CD key email to come, which never did
  • peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Respecs cost $6. Or you can reroll. I have yet to come across anything in game that was cash exclusive. There are options to shell out real monies to do something faster (i.e. respecing as opposed to rerolling), but there is no Great Sword of Walleting or Shiny Armor of Coins. The whole P2W argument is pretty moot when every cash option is exactly that. An option.

On a side note, does anyone know when I'll be able to start my own threads?

Wrong, you can buy Zen, trade is for AD, then buy power.
  • carpathian2011carpathian2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone for replying (even the little trolls :) ) I think I've got the info I needed to make an educated decision.