test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There are some things I can overlook, but then again there are some things I can't.

2»

Comments

• Options
    cabled12cabled12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ozewa wrote: »
    Everybody getting hung up on lockboxes. All I'm asking is that they do another pass of the companions and make them not suck.

They need to make another pass at the entire UI and make it not suck.
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the <explicit> lockboxes please
  • Options
    ozewaozewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cabled12 wrote: »
    They need to make another pass at the entire UI and make it not suck.

I really haven't found anything to complain about in the UI other than it could do with a social functionality like the F4 key in DCUO provides.

Would you mind going into greater detail in regards to what you don't like about it or should I just assume it is a kneejerk reaction to switching from WoW to this game?
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty sure you can drag lockboxes out of your bags and discard...
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozewa wrote: »
    I really haven't found anything to complain about in the UI other than it could do with a social functionality like the F4 key in DCUO provides.

Would you mind going into greater detail in regards to what you don't like about it or should I just assume it is a kneejerk reaction to switching from WoW to this game?

here's my gripes with the u.i.

1. cant preview gear
    2. can't equip gear to offhands via right clicks or from the character panel by selecting equip other item. Try it and see what it does.
    3. Social side of things is broken. backspace to respond to message, auto fill in of names when you don't need it to autofill anything and inviting to groups is counter intuitive. Right clicking on a name doesnt invite to a group...
    4. auction house is frustrating and having to choose a section to search within is stupid.
    5. Show player levels on their name plate.
  • Options
    marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    UI ISSUES

1. CONSISTENCY

I don't have major gripes with the UI overall although I haven't delved much into the game being. However it is common practise to try to maintain a consistent approach to foster muscle memory. Case in point, something as simple as speaking to a quest giver: You click on a button on the right side to accept the quest, you then complete the quest, go back to the quest giver and the "complete" option is now on the left. Maintain a standard, any call to action should stay placed on the bottom right of a panel and cancellation actions stay on the bottom left.

2. MINIMAP

I'm a firm believer in little polished additions adding up hugely to the feeling of quality. Please refine the horrid fog of war edges. It is unattractive to see large square edges along the minimap fog of war. Such a small change will go a long way to making the title feel more luxurious instead of a low budget title.

3. Character Creator

Please consider adding a neutral pose for character creation. The female characters I've created are a pain to tweak due to the face looking away at a 45 degree angle from the body. Furthermore your eyes are the windows to your soul and quite frankly the iris detail in this game is the worst I've ever seen. It wouldn't require a huge investment in time or resources to do something as simple as adding a radial gradient to the iris textures. It also looks like every single one of my female characters just had their bottoms slapped by a rude gentleman, they have this look of shock and fright due to how "open" you have made their eyes appear. It needs to be more natural. Nobody walks around with matchsticks holding their eyes open.

4. Movement Animations

They feel rigid to me, not elegant, beautiful or believable. I always judge how much the animators have put into their work by the direction a characters toes point when they walk or run. Pigeon toed running animations scream slightly tweaked stock running animations because any animator worth their salt would be bothered by this. When I rolled a halfing I was transported back to my days playing Lord of the Rings Online. She moved exactly like the hobbits did... terribly. I can understand a squat dwarf moving in this fashion but a halfing isn't a fat bottomed hobbit and should move like a scaled down elven maiden.

Other than that, thank you for the game, really looking forward to playing more.
  • Options
    ozewaozewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait... Halfling are Elves with Dwarfism? You just blew my mind.
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The funny thing is that even though DDO gives you a control bar for companions... I found some of the companions in NWO a ton better.
    The wizard is a useless git.
    The man-at-arms is awesome.
    The cleric is awesome but obviously suffers like any cleric from getting uber aggro.
    The rock golem is AWESOMESAUCE ILOVEHIM! :P

The panther is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The passive cat gets in my way sometimes when I try to aim a heal bothering me with "Alia is not a legitimate target". Why is she even a target? TSK!

Haven't tried other dps companions, my feeling is most dps companions suck.
  • Options
    moriaelinimoriaelini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    viith3003 wrote: »
    Suppose it will be like Black lion chests in GW2, have dozens in the bank and I really don't want to spend cash for the keys.

At least with those you have the chance for a world drop of a key to open them, and many times opening one will give you another key.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    The funny thing is that even though DDO gives you a control bar for companions... I found some of the companions in NWO a ton better.
    The wizard is a useless git.
    The man-at-arms is awesome.
    The cleric is awesome but obviously suffers like any cleric from getting uber aggro.
    The rock golem is AWESOMESAUCE ILOVEHIM! :P

The panther is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The passive cat gets in my way sometimes when I try to aim a heal bothering me with "Alia is not a legitimate target". Why is she even a target? TSK!

Haven't tried other dps companions, my feeling is most dps companions suck.

So guardians work fine, but every other type of companion is bunk
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anybody know if a PWE tech ever confirmed if these are working as intended or if it is a verifiable (and known) issue?
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I kinda wish companions were setup like Mastermind pets in CoH. You can tell them to be aggressive, passive, or guard, go to location, follow, or stay.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i believe you can discard lockboxes -> Put them in the bank -> from bank slot drag them to the field outside any inventory and a popup appears if you wish to discard it