Options

Suggestion: Level locking

13»

Comments

• Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lifedoor wrote: »
    If they do mentoring I will quit and take my friends with me. As well as our money. And some of their friends will leave with their money as well. ETC.

And I guarantee that there will be fewer twinks leave than players pissed off because of twinks.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• Options
    lifedoorlifedoor Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    And I guarantee that there will be fewer twinks leave than players pissed off because of twinks.

Right. Twinks are the root of ALL problems for MMOs. But, I don't need some sarcastic troll replying to my thread everyday. It is not appreciated. And it's not that they are all twinks, they just don't approve of "leveling down". The main issue with mentoring (besides extra passives, talents etc) is that you can not queue for PvP. So, why have it if it's supposed to keep twinks silent? By this I mean that it is intended to keep people that twink happy. When in fact, it either makes us quit or qq on the forums.
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh God, you came from EQ2, butchering the noobs over there wasn't enough for you huh. It got so bad the game pretty much died pvp side.

Little doe eyed no ob would walk out side the gate, wander around marveling at the huge world, not even sure which way to begin. hed blink then blink again. and 20 stealthed Freeps would appear out of know where wipe him out and camp him till he logged off. They would do this cause everyone else stayed within the castle and being a no ob he didn't know better. Level locked at the top of the low level cap, twinked so hard gaurds twice their level would be slaughtered. I was there man it wasn't pretty.

SOE ended it to save the game. I dont think it really recovered.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If there is no pvp in the game, I don't play. You would be surprised how many others think this way when getting a new game. Does Diablo 3 have the PvP it promised for launch? Nope. And its been about a year now. It was supposed to be WITH launch. Also, with D3, they had created it just how they wanted it. Cancelled to redo the whole system in a different way.

I hear this so often. Maybe it why i always go back to LOTRO, no real pvp, you have to play a monster to fight other PCs. The game is wonderful all about the adventure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't aim for wearing BiS gear. Yes, I always have it in my bags so that if another BiS twink comes along, my team doesn't lose. But if I am facing non-twinked players, I usually throw on some trashy gear. Because level 9's are already op enough if they remove the buff to 9's. Except for the times I forget and then well I forgot, ill change into my white trash next time. You have to admit I really killed you alot it was fun wasn't it? I had fun.

S.

There fixed it for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea...I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to play a twink in the first place...go find an anime game if thats what you're into.

Or more likely, why some 'tard decided the term was one they wanted to use for whatever it is you guys are talking about...and how a bunch of other 'tards decided to support that decision and encourage it.

Seriously though...pvp is utterly pointless. Every game is the same...obsessive losers who spend hours perfecting their method of making other players hate the game. I wish there was a way to let casual pvpers actually experience it with others of their kind...while the "pros" beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of each other.

No story, no variety, really nothing but stalking and button mashing...how the F is pvp fun?

Thats a FPS and for the life of me I don't know why they just dont stay over there. Since we have FPS the only real reason to pvp in an MMO and want low level locking is to antaganize other low level players and make them hate the game and hence leave. Because if the twink really wanted to pvp against other twinks he would get to level 60 or stay in his FPS world. hummm i wonder which it is.
  • Options
    schizoidz01schizoidz01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can I spend twenty points in my skills? my skills are all lvl 2..i can't upgrade them to lvl 3..thanks..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And finally the the number one reason why twinks are flat out liars when they say they only want to fight equal skilled players is they always do it in the best gear they can buy with all the stuff they can have their main charactors stuff on it. Then they lock their level at 19 and fight all the new players that show up in green and white.

You want me to believe your a benevelent goody, fight with no gear.

Test your massive skills with only what the game gives you and nothing else; when, you best of the best get all saddled up, take it all off and fight the other side with no gear. Use your superior team skills and mighty fast thumbs and first fingers and wipe out the no obs without any of your gear on. If you do this then Ill believe you want to lock you level for the good of gamekind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Right. Twinks are the root of ALL problems for MMOs. But, I don't need some sarcastic troll replying to my thread everyday. It is not appreciated. And it's not that they are all twinks, they just don't approve of "leveling down". The main issue with mentoring (besides extra passives, talents etc) is that you can not queue for PvP. So, why have it if it's supposed to keep twinks silent? By this I mean that it is intended to keep people that twink happy. When in fact, it either makes us quit or qq on the forums.

And there you have it, PvP is the reason you want to twink. Can't roll with the big boys, so you go to the backyard to pick on the little ones. For shame. How's that for sarcasm? Go back to WoW.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Fleet

• Options
    edited May 2013
    losabra wrote: »
    oh God, you came from EQ2, butchering the noobs over there wasn't enough for you huh. It got so bad the game pretty much died pvp side.

Little doe eyed no ob would walk out side the gate, wander around marveling at the huge world, not even sure which way to begin. hed blink then blink again. and 20 stealthed Freeps would appear out of know where wipe him out and camp him till he logged off. They would do this cause everyone else stayed within the castle and being a no ob he didn't know better. Level locked at the top of the low level cap, twinked so hard gaurds twice their level would be slaughtered. I was there man it wasn't pretty.

SOE ended it to save the game. I dont think it really recovered.

No, just no. EQ sucked. We all know it.

As I said, I would agree if only 30+ could level lock.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    losabra wrote: »
    There fixed it for you.

Nice fail editing. My team can and will lose when I am level locked if the other team does not have any twinks. When I hit a 9, what ever gear I have on is what I use to face non-twink games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And there you have it, PvP is the reason you want to twink. Can't roll with the big boys, so you go to the backyard to pick on the little ones. For shame. How's that for sarcasm? Go back to WoW.

I have hated WoW since Cata came out. And dude, your sarcasm is unneeded. Get out of my thread. Now.

I can't play with the "big boys"? You must mean 2/2 upgraded full 2200 RBG gear facing MoP green players last season in WoW. Because there is so much skill in 2 shotting.

9's only 1 shot 0's if they are full whites and the twink is full blues (or epics if any are available at that level). I am sick and tired of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I see in every community. It is always the exact same no matter what game I play. "twinks are the only reason people quit" right. Not like having the same arena season and raid for 8 months in WoW is a reason to constantly pay for my account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, dude, see you posted in an open forum where people can freely post their opinions, even if they differ from yours. You came here looking for support, and like every other game you found little. Maybe you should cut your losses, and drop the matter. Either play the game and enjoy it for what it is, or take your friends and find a game that supports twinking.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Fleet

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, dude, see you posted in an open forum where people can freely post their opinions, even if they differ from yours. You came here looking for support, and like every other game you found little. Maybe you should cut your losses, and drop the matter. Either play the game and enjoy it for what it is, or take your friends and find a game that supports twinking.

But, the issue with the games that do support twinking, they have items like BoAs in WoW. Which require a large portion of time on your max level character just to twink. I like to only have to spend time on the character I plan to lock.

Yes, it is a public forum. But, you still should know when being helpful turns into rudeness. Which most people do not understand the difference.