test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Feat - Shield Defense (Protection) Guardian Fighter

ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Not sure if this has been reported here or not yet.

This feat gives +1,2,3,4,5 AC per point put in it.

I put in 1 point yesterday and received +1 AC.

I put in 1 point 15 min ago (and relogged) and am still at +1 AC.
Post edited by ceonnyn on

Comments

• Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    You only get +.5% flat damage reduction per point anyways. Your points are probably better spent elsewhere, unless you really like looking at a high AC.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I put more points in this to see if it was just the first couple that were broken. It is still not working.

I don't care if its not the optimum place to put points - if it is on the tree, I should be able to spec into it.
  • Options
    thavatolthavatol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You only get +.5% flat damage reduction per point anyways. Your points are probably better spent elsewhere, unless you really like looking at a high AC.

That kind of thinking is extremely selfish. If a skill just flat out doesn't work, then it NEEDS to get fixed, period. Game mechanics not registering is a serious issue and should be on their top priority list of addressing.
  • Options
    opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thavatol wrote: »
    That kind of thinking is extremely selfish. If a skill just flat out doesn't work, then it NEEDS to get fixed, period. Game mechanics not registering is a serious issue and should be on their top priority list of addressing.

He's not saying that it shouldn't be fixed, it obviously should. :p

he's just saying that for 5 points, it's a pretty bad investment considering it's only 2.5% reduction at 5 points. hell, wow and other mmos have like 3% damage reduction /per/ talent point. This game requires 5 and doesn't even give you that.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually that's one of best place to set your points. 0.5% DR with ONLY one talent point is awesome.

Anyways that need to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok so what do I need to do to get it fixed? I've put 5 pts in that are worthless right now. I've created a support ticket that has gone unacknowledged. I've created a thread on the forums to share with players and Cryptic.

Isn't the point of an open beta to point out huge problems like this? I'm a bit frustrated because respeccing costs real money.
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Ok so what do I need to do to get it fixed? I've put 5 pts in that are worthless right now. I've created a support ticket that has gone unacknowledged. I've created a thread on the forums to share with players and Cryptic.

Isn't the point of an open beta to point out huge problems like this? I'm a bit frustrated because respeccing costs real money.

They probably won't acknowledge each and every bug report that's submitted in game. I bug reported that feat on the 26th I believe. They'll get to it. (More people submitting the report probably doesn't hurt).
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope more guardian fighters can do a bug report in game then, since it only helps our class.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been reported here or not yet.

This feat gives +1,2,3,4,5 AC per point put in it.

I put in 1 point yesterday and received +1 AC.

I put in 1 point 15 min ago (and relogged) and am still at +1 AC.

Hey there, I just tried this at my desk and cannot reproduce the problem. Can you take a screenshot of your character sheet (while mousing over your AC bonus) and feats page for your character so I can see them?
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey there, I just tried this at my desk and cannot reproduce the problem. Can you take a screenshot of your character sheet (while mousing over your AC bonus) and feats page for your character so I can see them?

How about the GWF 5%-10%-15% defense feat not showing up at all on the character sheet?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

At the gym now but I'd be happy to do that as soon as I get back!
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I know you're requesting a screen shot - but the same thing happened to me when I tried taking that feat a few days ago. I was at 29 AC, I'd put in the 5 points, and my total AC would only be 30. Right now I'm at 31 AC because of upgrades with 0/5 in the AC feat. If I go 5/5, I'll end up at 32 AC and that's it. I'd rather not do it again to get a screenshot though due to respec costs.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here's my screenshots for those who are interested -

IgApBYy.jpg

mmye3Cj.jpg
  • Options
    jadetooth#5008 jadetooth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just chiming in to say that i've encountered the same problem. I'll try to get some screenshots up.

Edit: Screens

XMnOedr.jpg

30NScvk.jpg
  • Options
    wyraxwyrax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, Guardian Fighter feats not working or not properly displayed in character summary?

I chose feats for STR to be more effective by 15% and AC+Def by 15% but cant see any improvements in stats
  • Options
    apsixsixapsixsix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wyrax wrote: »
    So, Guardian Fighter feats not working or not properly displayed in character summary?

I chose feats for STR to be more effective by 15% and AC+Def by 15% but cant see any improvements in stats

Ill check that later... Coz im sure i got this build too !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't believe the str effectiveness +15% is working either.
  • Options
    waydezillawaydezilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, only getting +1 when I should be getting +5 (35 AC)

u4MCRxX.jpg
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I actually submitted a ticket too asking if this was just a character sheet display bug or a more fundamental bug. Hope they fix this soon, or at least acknowledge it.
  • Options
    ruiniosruinios Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about all the other abilitys ? Shield Talent, Guarded Assault, Enhanced mark they all show the normal tooltips dose not update but haven't testet it, as im only 24.
  • Options
    elsenrailczelsenrailcz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. I also made bug report today cause i cant saw it in search. Probably the search tool is bugged too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yyaarryyaarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug Knight`s Valor + Iron Guard
    bugum.jpg
  • Options
    lupeylupey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A reply on this would be nice Dev's I have encountered the same thing and I will post screenies when I get home also
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lupey wrote: »
    A reply on this would be nice Dev's I have encountered the same thing and I will post screenies when I get home also

Guess what.

We have several feats that are buggy and don't work then.

And also guess what.

If you want to respec/feat reset, so that you can actually pick stuff that works - YOU GOTTA PAY FOR IT.

Hey Cryptic I don't assume that you can fix stuff immediately, but if there are problems with the class/feats that don't work at all, you need to address it by giving us free respecs or something.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey are we going to get an update to this?
  • Options
    waydezillawaydezilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still waiting for some kind of thing saying "No its working properly you just can't see it in your character screen but its getting fixed" or "No its not working right, its broken, here is your free respec."
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, quick update. We have identified what was broken with this particular feat and we are currently working on a fix!
  • Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, quick update. We have identified what was broken with this particular feat and we are currently working on a fix!

Is it possible to maybe get an intern to spend a day writing up all known bugs for those that care?

I have pointed out 6-10 bugs with Wizards alone today, and it would be nice to know what the development team is aware of.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to maybe get an intern to spend a day writing up all known bugs for those that care?

I have pointed out 6-10 bugs with Wizards alone today, and it would be nice to know what the development team is aware of.

Thanks.

I would like to see a list of issues as well, that would be great. (I wasn't even aware CW had issues!)

Oh yeah, thanks for the help Mr. Crush
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks.
    In a game of this complexity you'd likely get tens of thousands of little bugs...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*