Options

Tanks and DPS players: Know your role

2»

Comments

• Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    borak2 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. It's simple to let the tank jump in first and then charge. If you beat me to the punch don't cry when you faceplant

+1

10 charsssssssssssssss
  • Options
    ladedanblaladedanbla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main problem I get is dps runs in before I even get to the mobs. I find myself running to the next pack most the time while dps are finishing off the last 20% of a mob pack. At least doing that in bad groups it allows me to hold agro on things. I do not understand what is wrong with people, that they can't wait 1 second while I rush in and do my aoe taunt/damage ability.

Not to mention the groups where a healer does not heal =(, only had 2 of them out of 25 or so runs.
  • Options
    alantir1alantir1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First learn the role, people here need to learn how to use need and greed.
  • Options
    extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tekaru wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, I thought the tally sheet at the end of a dungeon/skirmish should look like this:

Most Damage Taken
    Tank
    DPS
    DPS
    DPS
    Healer

and

Most Enemy Kills
    DPS
    DPS
    DPS
    Tank
    Healer

but what I'm constantly seeing is something like

Most Damage Taken
    DPS
    DPS
    Tank
    Healer
    DPS

and

Most Enemy Kills
    Tank
    DPS
    DPS
    DPS
    Healer

(which is sometimes accompanied by)

Most Times Fallen
    DPS 2
    DPS 1
    DPS 1
    Tank 0
    Healer 0

(which could easily be)

Most Times Fallen

(everybody) 0

If people would just play their roles!

As an initiator GWF unless its a boss pull I aim to be the first one in to grab up all the minions and then have the tank peel the biggest threat off me. GWF is def suppose to soak up damage and will should be up the list when it comes to damage taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • Options
    hauwlynhauwlyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eggsn wrote: »
    Best groups I'm in is when GWF focuses on adds as an Off-tank, CW herds the adds for slaughter while keeping tabs on the healer, and a rogue who knows when to back off the damage a sec on the boss to let the GF get more agro, and of course a GF that knows how to position himself and the mob. As a healer, I'm not perfect but I do know not to AE damage/heal unless someone has hit it first and not to put the HW BEFORE engaging, plus move the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around and learn to kite mobs until the wizard or GWF can kick it off you. I do not engage my heals immediately once we start, I give it a few secs during boss fights and back off on healing a sec as necessary and let the tick healing do the job. I believe the same should work on the DPSers, wait a sec for the tank to get in position and then engage once agro is established, back off as needed.

Having the meter sometimes messes people up. It's not about who's on top or who should be in the bottom. It's about NOT WIPING and downing the boss AS A TEAM.

That being said, I've seen more and more people learn the game mechanics and I do see improvement. Case in point, I barely have to move in one dungeon fight cause the wizard was on top of CC on ANY mob that is even near me, AND that same wizard barely got agro herself. I was able to heal everybody only moving to target the necessary group member. The rogue was backing off the boss even if he's full health, because he's managing his agro as needed and was pretty independent.

As a pure controller CW, I thank you for recognizing how crucial our job can be to "babysit" healers. Only Cleric not satisfied I had so far was one obsessed with his own DPS, and convinced that the huge amount of damage he was taking was from the 1 imp I didn't get in my Spell Mastery Repel, rather than the AoEs he skillfully dodged INTO like it was a magnet.

I'm running premades with a GWF just like that, really versatile, and a Striker that's either a CW or a TR. A Guardian joins us sometimes too. Meaning every time we pug a different cleric, and I hope we can show Clerics don't HAVE to carry their teams that badly, like they do when everyone is drooling over mad deepz and they end up having to play perfectly.

Drop the trinity mindset guys. While I do end up scoring not too badly sometimes depending on how add heavy a dungeon is, I'm no DPs, I'm no Healer, I'm no Tank and yet I'm useful. Some other times I score 4th on damage, but if there was any realistic way to score CC usefulness, I'd easily score first. Problem is, the same spell isn't as useful depending on how you use it, or what type of add you use it on.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    tekaru wrote: »
    A quicker way to say it would be: DPS PICK UP THE ADDS!

Exactly this. People always go for the biggest fish, ignoring everything else. Sadly, it's exactly those people that never read the forums.