What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• jgwentworth4jgwentworth4 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What runestone do you need to buy? They drop constantly... Sure you can't buy for AD?

So far I've not had to spend zen on anything except character slots, and I could have gone without.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 on Guardian pack about prob 80 on Zen
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    A fool and their money, are soon parted.

These people that make this kind of money need a HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY Tax on them. IF you making 200,000 a year, I HOPE they tax you AT least 80,000 a year.

yes lets hinder and penalize people that had the know-how and drive to become successful so the lazy people don't have to pay as much. . .

( I know this isn't the place to talk about taxes, but not having a flat tax just gets my jimmies rustled )
    edited May 2013
  • sprawl141sprawl141 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why are people spending money if there is a character wipe at release per the FAQ?
    edited May 2013

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    ^^ Obvious troll.

Its called public NEED before private GREED!~ You rich pansy NEED the poor just as much as we need you.

You need someone to wash your car, make your dinner, clean your clothes.

You wouldnt survive a week living in my shoes. And dont give me the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about lazy people. DOes working a 16 hour shift cleaning up rich brats filth sound lazy to you?

"the KNow-How" as you call it, is usually mommy and daddy owned a company, paid your college, car, etc, and got you a great over paying job.

ANd you think that a flat tax is fair? dont be an idiot. what the world SHOULD be like, is people paying accoriding to their net worth.

Make 20k a year? ok a loaf of bread is 1 dollar. make 200k a year? that same loaf SHOULD cost you 20 dollars.

Hopefully the world will change soon, but it wont until you rich jerks are made to pay for your greedy ways.

This is a prime example of the "have-nots" wanting everything in life handed to them.

And secondly you don't know what I or others here have done to get to the level of success we currently now enjoy. . .

And while yes, I do have a lot of money. I still wash and wax my own car, do my own laundry and for the most part cook my own food.

Back in the 80's when I was fresh out of college I had to endure a 75+ hr work week simply to pay the bills.

I was simply fortunate enough to get in on the ground floor of a now rather booming industry. and now my work week is around 10 hrs weekly ( when I'm not traveling )

I don't pay a cent in taxes currently, but only because I donate a lot of my money to tax deductible charities. . .

A country already tried to do what you propose. it was called the U.S.S.R.

so rather than holding your hand out to the government or whoever to fix your current woes, why not find a way to improve it yourself? Or is that too hard?
  • kernnunoskernnunos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I could afford it I would have spent some money on this game. Mostly for character slots due to my being an altaholic.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread is hilarious. But it is also a tragedy.... People have spent multi year subscription worth of money in a WEEK! Imagine what the numbers will be like after a couple months or a year? It won't be about comparing to sub costs anymore. It will be about imagining what kind of car you could buy with that money.

Still, to each their own. But sheesh... And no I haven't spent any myself nor do I intent to.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Suggestion.

Could we all stay off politics and stop the name calling? Better yet can this thread go to the lower depths where it belongs as it's nothing more than a bickerfest.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I have spent more than some of the people in this thread, and less than some of the people.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The thing is everything is WAY over priced. Cryptic and Perfect World need to realize that if you price things cheaper their customers will actually spend more money because everyone will spend not just the players with lots of disposable income. Walmart understands how retail works and obviously no one at Cryptic or Perfect World even has a clue as to how retail works and how you get people happy to spend money in their business.

I was in Alpha test for Neverwinter and I constantly tried to tell them this however they did not pay any attention what so ever and kept prices WAY to high and consequently I won't be playing or paying Cryptic or Perfect World anything for Neverwinter until they get a clue about how to retail. I have been in retail my entire life and I understand how it works, no one at Cryptic has any clue what so ever about how to price things so they sell repeatedly.
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they know better what the revenue curve is for prices than we do.

• losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone make a poll for this! Would be cool to see it in poll form.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • riverdragonessriverdragoness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent 200 to get hero status for closed beta, but not for open, and it takes 3 tries and ten minutes to log in. Awesome!
  • abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    200 on Founders pack.
    10 on Zen.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm..
    $199.99 Hero of the North Founders' Pack 0
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    $59.99 Guardian of Neverwinter Pack 0
    $19.99 Neverwinter Starter Kit 0
    $100.00 +12100 12100
    $200.00 +21300 21300
    $200.00 +21300 21300
    $200.00 +21300 21300
    $200.00 +21300 21300

Haven't had time to play much.. :/
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Suggestion.

Could we all stay off politics and stop the name calling? Better yet can this thread go to the lower depths where it belongs as it's nothing more than a bickerfest.

^^ I think my work here is done. ;)
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 on guardian
    $50 on zen
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • sprawl141sprawl141 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »

not trolling read the FAQ. i guess the wording of calling it early access vs beta is what is confusing. Reading the FAQ lead me to believe that the wipe before early access meant before early access of the actual RELEASE which the FAQ still has listed as "early 2013" and not early access of the open beta.

i know a few others who also assumed there would be a wipe and therefore havent spent much time in game, they should clarify that in the FAQ because most other mmos always wipe beta chars
  • nikkalnikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent $60 on the guardian pack, and won't spend a dime more until they drop the prices in the store.

I *want* to spend more money on this game because I like supporting games I enjoy! But the pricing is way to high, and spending anything shows support for the pricing. So until they reconsider and either drop pricing significantly or make all costume/mount/companion purchases account wide, I won't be supporting them further.
  • xumedxumed Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero, not buying into the hype. Learned a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away that beta never equals the game.
  • raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
  • stonedcoldstonedcold Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None, I stopped giving money to PWE a while ago. Learned that lesson the hard way.
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60usd - guardian pack
    30usd - zen
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
    edited May 2013
  • lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 90e on gw2 on this absolutely 0 and am sure I don't need to say why