What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Dungeon Gear - Bind on Equip " FAILS

13»

Comments

• guthan333911guthan333911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozewa wrote: »
    You know, I usually wait for somebody else to need on something they clearly do not need before I click need.

I started doing the same thing :P
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Have many of you tried informing players who are needing on a lot of items?

For instance if I can use an item I used need. That item is for my class so chances are I might need it.
    I wasn't rolling greed at all. The term "greed" put me off using it at all. My thought was I'm not "greeding" anything because when I hear greed I think of the rogue who loots a chest, pockets half the loot and divies up the rest.
    I needed what was my class. Passed what wasn't.

Frankly seeing everybody "greed" items, including the ones for my class, irked me as somebody who had never seen this system before.

The naming might be around in other MMO's but I have never seen it before.
    So perhaps a bit of education is in order. I know there will always be plenty of trolls in the world but informing those who don't know the edict of the need/greed/pass system would go a long way too. :)
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Have many of you tried informing players who are needing on a lot of items?

I have / I do, and I'm getting bored of it, so I'm needing on everything now like everyone else, so I am at least in with a chance of something from a run. In every instance so far, which is probably only about 50 dungeon runs for me I have to say, the response has been.... nothing. The needers simply keep quiet. Even trying to get a rise out of them gets nothing. Explain at the start of a run makes no difference - the needers just ignore you. I haven't had a single run without a needer yet. First time, I have to say, I was shocked. Then it happened again and again and again. Even on greens in some cases. You can tell the 'pros' as they only need on blues, often waiting to click last. Sure, there would be people in the group agreeing. Many laugh it off - "there's always one ninja, lulz" etc. And why should they do anything less than need when the game is designed that way? Need or lose.

Hence, roll or pass is my preferred wording. The wording is less provocative than need or greed and isn't game changing other than reducing rage and providing clarification. And "roll" implies less 'ownership' of an item. It's also kinda D&D ish. Roll to check if you found this item....

I'd also be happy with class specific needs - only clerics can need cleric items, for example, but that would be changing the way the game works now.

Whatever, we kinda need clarification on what is done in this game, regardless of what happens in others. This clarification also needs to be enforced by the game itself, not the players on an ad-hoc basis.