test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what am i doing wrong? i have 100k AD at 60.

kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so could somone please help explain to me what i need to be doing at 60 to make AD? the prices for even little things like a teleport scroll, or removing an enchant are 4k/30-50k, i just hit 60 a bit ago and i haven't spent a single AD, i have 100k of them, i have 1/7th the money required to get even the blue mount upgrade, is there any way to get reasonable AD with out buying lockboxes or zen? because icant quite afford to do so, ive tried selling everything ican on the AH but i just dont get anything valuable, at all...

maybe people are just getting lucky or everybody and their mother are selling zen but i have no clue what the game intended players to do at 60 to be able to afford such things with out months of farming for evne the tiniest little things, i mean, the dailies give 3k astral diamonds a peice....... really?

if anyone could help me or give me some tips on how to make AD so i can actually progress id apprecaite it
Post edited by kaydiechi on

Comments

• Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    I make 15k ad in about a hour farming the blacklake skirmish during the 1000 ad event as a GF.

takes about an hour to get to level 6 ( the min level to queue ) and I can usually do around 30 runs before I out level the queue.

then buy zen off the exchange (as it its account wide) delete the character and repeat.

I also do AH sniping on bids. ( can't believe people still put 1 AD min bid on +250K items )
  • Options
    masochist33masochist33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am no where near 60...but I would assume that extensive use of the auction house...which deals in AD...would be the best income.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    I am no where near 60...but I would assume that extensive use of the auction house...which deals in AD...would be the best income.

it is, provided one has a good sum of AD to start and it is not without risk.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is F2P, but it isn't free to develop and run, and someone has to pay for it. If you don't want to put in the time, you will have to support the game with money. The only other way is to sell stuff in the AH, because as you said, just farming ADs through dailies is not going to cut it. 100k after less than a week sounds fine to me, and time doesn't seem to be a problem.

You could also try to create an attractive Foundry Quest and get tips that way. I usually tip quality quests 250-500 AD each, and 50-150 for the more mediocre ones, unless they are really terrible.

I agree, though, that the costs for removing rank 5 and up runes is too high. Everything else seems OK to me.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    eh, again, my point is even simple things like reskinning costs me 60k for a green, even at the rates you guys project, itd take me days for one item... hell it'd take me almost an hour for one tp scroll.. =.='
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know but I've gained 210K by level 20. And that without really trying.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    eh, again, my point is even simple things like reskinning costs me 60k for a green, even at the rates you guys project, itd take me days for one item... hell it'd take me almost an hour for one tp scroll.. =.='

thats the "price" of playing for "free"

is your time more important than your money? or the other way around. . .
  • Options
    scyrisscyris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is probally heavily pay2win more so since its on PW here and all their games are like that. Also please tell me that you can't buy ingame items using cash shop currency?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

None of that is essential, though. I don't buy or use teleport scrolls. Heck, I bought 15M ADs and have not touched them, nor have I touched the 2.6M from the founder packs. No plans to do this any time soon. I bought the phoenix companion for 300k and have about 600k additional ADs. So that is close to a million I made just by playing. I currently buy/resell stuff to get another 400k so I can get the cat.

My only AD expenses so far have been tips. Just today I sold a level 60 blue that I got from PvP for almost 100k (admittedly, it was very well itemized for clerics). There is a luck component, and AH prices will not stay that high, but I do feel the game is very playable without any of the stuff that costs a lot of ADs.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scyris wrote: »
    The game is probally heavily pay2win more so since its on PW here and all their games are like that. Also please tell me that you can't buy ingame items using cash shop currency?

Well I doubt is since no one has been able to prove that case. A P2W game should be easy to prove just show the items that are P2W and defend your choice of items.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

here is a crazy idea. . .

How about you play the game for a little while and then decide if you think it is P2W ( you will "probally" say it is, as you seem biased against PWE already )
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

Troll.....there are a million posts on this subject. If you want to help the OP then do so....otherwise troll your comments on those threads
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so could somone please help explain to me what i need to be doing at 60 to make AD? the prices for even little things like a teleport scroll, or removing an enchant are 4k/30-50k, i just hit 60 a bit ago and i haven't spent a single AD, i have 100k of them, i have 1/7th the money required to get even the blue mount upgrade, is there any way to get reasonable AD with out buying lockboxes or zen? because icant quite afford to do so, ive tried selling everything ican on the AH but i just dont get anything valuable, at all...

maybe people are just getting lucky or everybody and their mother are selling zen but i have no clue what the game intended players to do at 60 to be able to afford such things with out months of farming for evne the tiniest little things, i mean, the dailies give 3k astral diamonds a peice....... really?

if anyone could help me or give me some tips on how to make AD so i can actually progress id apprecaite it

What people are doing to earn ginormous amounts of AD is the following

1: find a heavy hardcore pve guild or find a group of 4 buddies you can rely on to clear content
    2: do the epic hardcore dungeons clear them, gear up
    3: anytime you find an item no one can use they take that epic and roll on it, winner takes and sells it on the market, or sell it and split the AD.

This is what people are doing to make the massive amounts of AD, but simple fact of the matter is most people arent going to be inclined to do this. Your average player is probably going to struggle to find a reliable group and then is also the " ninja " tactic some players will resort to...
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A p2w game is more like 'you can't use blue or purple gear unless you pay $1 per item to unlock each item'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »

is your time more important than your money? or the other way around. . .

There's still an issue of balance, time vs reward. Comparing NWO to STO, for instance - STO only lets you refine 8k dilithium (vs 24k AD), but the prices are MUCH lower. Also, you can get your 8k dilithium in about an hour once you know how. 24k AD seems like it could take quite a while (3k for a 45m dungeon, etc, etc.) On the other hand, STO doesn't have auctioning for that currency, the AH uses "gold". So it'll take a bit of time to see how balanced the economy & prices are.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out... I know that both dilithium earning rates & costs in STO have been adjusted several times, so the system could still be rebalanced.

(60k AD to do an appearance change on a single armor piece seems high, though.... three days of extensive play for just that? Hmm.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    A p2w game is more like 'you can't use blue or purple gear unless you pay $1 per item to unlock each item'

Haven't seen that with this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Right, that's my point. PW has been very smart about keeping away from P2w while being enticing to spend.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    There's still an issue of balance, time vs reward. Comparing NWO to STO, for instance - STO only lets you refine 8k dilithium (vs 24k AD), but the prices are MUCH lower. Also, you can get your 8k dilithium in about an hour once you know how. 24k AD seems like it could take quite a while (3k for a 45m dungeon, etc, etc.) On the other hand, STO doesn't have auctioning for that currency, the AH uses "gold". So it'll take a bit of time to see how balanced the economy & prices are.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out... I know that both dilithium earning rates & costs in STO have been adjusted several times, so the system could still be rebalanced.

(60k AD to do an appearance change on a single armor piece seems high, though.... three days of extensive play for just that? Hmm.)

I cap the 24 rough ad refine limit daily in under 2 hours. . .its not hard. . .
  • Options
    indelibleindelible Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here is a crazy idea. . .

How about you play the game for a little while and then decide if you think it is P2W ( you will "probally" say it is, as you seem biased against PWE already )

PWE and Cryptic open themselves up to such bias. They straddle a very, very fine line when it comes to the ethical value of their RMT services and items. They don't go out and sell the items themselves, but they do sell things that enable players to get those items. It's more a "pay to have an advantage" affair than a flat-out "pay to win" affair.

I mean... compare NW and STO to a game that ACTUALLY doesn't have any form of paid for winning going on (Path of Exile, for example). Cryptic and Perfect World are schooled by Grinding Gear Games when it comes to "the debate".

Cryptic don't really care though. At the end of the day, the people making the decisions aren't making them based on a love of gaming and more a love of money. The people making Neverwinter and STO may very well care about the franchises and the games, but the guys at the top... don't. They just care about margins and what bonuses they're going to get at the end of the year.
  • Options
    dcrawler69dcrawler69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what is more important in this game, zen or AD? I have zen, but zero AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The vast majority of items are for sale using AD. Only a subset are for sale using Zen. Some important ones though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've played p2w games, where you will NEVER compete without spend in cash.

You can't fight in pvp without bought items. You can't access content without buying it.

Heck, DDO is a nice game, but you pretty much have to spend cash on modules after level 4 or so.

People lack self-control and blame pw for a nice set up.
    Do I wish it was cheaper? Of course! I wish the entire game was free and paid for by wealthy multinational corporations.

Barring that...

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Nobody every backs up the claim that NWNO is a P2W game. They just toss it out as if making the claim is enough. To support that claim don't you have to demonstrate that the best gear is ONLY available for $$? If you can get the same or better in game using in game resources then isn't it by definition not P2W.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dcrawler69dcrawler69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The vast majority of items are for sale using AD. Only a subset are for sale using Zen. Some important ones though.

Is it applicable to purchase AD via the conversion house? Don't you lose any zen if no one purchases it for AD?
  • Options
    revelation0xrevelation0x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know but I've gained 210K by level 20. And that without really trying.
    I cap the 24 rough ad refine limit daily in under 2 hours. . .its not hard. . .

i love how kids like these never care to enlighten us with any evidence. "oh sure, i make 100k AD every two minutes but if you ask me how, i won't tell you because i actually don't."
    talk is cheap.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i love how kids like these never care to enlighten us with any evidence. "oh sure, i make 100k AD every two minutes but if you ask me how, i won't tell you because i actually don't."
    talk is cheap.

this pretty much is all i ever see when i ask for advice, how do you people make so much ad, i didn't ask for a p2w debate, i am poor irl and i cant afford to buy zen, but i would like to make AD, im asking for the best ways to do so.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this pretty much is all i ever see when i ask for advice, how do you people make so much ad, i didn't ask for a p2w debate, i am poor irl and i cant afford to buy zen, but i would like to make AD, im asking for the best ways to do so.

Leadership and dailies mate.

And praying. Only the first 3? times though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Leadership and dailies mate.

And praying. Only the first 3? times though.

i still dont get how getting 300 astral diamonds 3 times a day from praying at 60, 3k fora daily that takes an hour to complete, somehow can justify 45000 costs for removing asingle gem, 70000 to reskin a weapon 4000 costs for tp scrolls, 1,000,000 for mount, the artificially raised prices to the tune of 200-300 thousand for a single crafting asset..

everything people are telling me just makes no sense, unless you're all aware that it would take virtually months to farm a single item with 4-5 hours of gameplay a day. and just think that somehow that's reasonable.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody every backs up the claim that NWNO is a P2W game. They just toss it out as if making the claim is enough. To support that claim don't you have to demonstrate that the best gear is ONLY available for $$? If you can get the same or better in game using in game resources then isn't it by definition not P2W.

Bags are $10. And you need bags to win the game so... Obviously NW is pay to win!
  • Options
    djynnidjynni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've played a lot of MMOs - the price of playing THIS game is a lot higher than any except the Asian MMOs which have a similar price structure. In the American MMOs that I've played, the cash shop prices are much lower and many necessities like bank space are account-wide. People can say that we have to pay for the game somehow, but it is a bit too pricey for me given my other choices of games to play. Once I get to the point where the lack of cash shop items is making my play too unpleasant, I will simply stop playing rather than pay these exorbitant prices. Frankly I think they'd make more money if they charged less. I know if the prices were reasonable I'd actually buy stuff...