So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• jgwentworth4jgwentworth4 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    nothing and never will.
    Paying for bags and respecs...they should be ashamed of themselves.

This will be my signature. The ONLY thing that is acceptable, and NOT a pay to win system is paying for cosmetics.

Even PAth OF Exile, makes you pay for bag space, and their items take up SOO much space, so they are guilty too.

WHy not just have a game released like NwN or NwN 2 was? Have the tools necessary to make persistent worlds, and have the PEOPLE who play, pay for their own servers?

MOst of them run on donations. THIS is the system we NEED. Not greedy corporate Chinese company.
  • vilocviloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    200 for founder, 0 for keys but I have gotten both the mount and companion from the boxes playing the zen exchange, also haven't withdrawn the 2 mil yet.
  • ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game reminds me ALOT of DCUO. just log in, and quee up. And I think DCUO is a pretty fun game, for what it is.
    I am still searching for a REAL MMO , but I fear it will never come. Darkfall came close..but failed in many ways. "The Repopulation" is another game that shows promise..but..who knows.

I duno what you look for in games specifically when it comes to MMO's but if you want drastic changes look into Pathfinder Online, its still quite a ways out but from the dev blogs it sounds like its gona be great.

Edit: as for how much I've spent on the game I've only put in 5 bucks for the extra character slots, after that sadly I don't see anything else I am willing to put money into that wont feel like I would need to sell a kidney for either pure random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> which like the guy that I quoted said is like gambling and stupid or so overpriced I would rather keep the money and buy a new game... (hell I'd get more fun from a new game then a new mount of outfit >_> )
  • authorboyauthorboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $10, with which I bought a key, and then spent the rest on AD. I'll convert it back when the exchange rate is more favourable.

So far I'm not sure if I'll continue with the game (dependent on the Zen store prices), so I'm not spending anything else until I'm sure.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to play and enjoy this game, and I just start to play, but my question is, can I enjoy, and NOT spend a penny? I mean, what is the point of playing a game, where you have to spend a TON of cash ( these peoplke spending hundreds of dollars on a GAME scares me) just to enjoy it?

FUnny thing about Neverwinter Online though..my son, who is ONLY 6 played, and got to like level 15 in a couple hours. SO that kinda tells me the simplicity of this game.

I have no money, but I have LOTS of time. SO, thats what I think free to play should mean. IF you have no time, but money, you can at least pay to keep up with others who can spend 80 hours a week playing this.

But, If I have the 80 hours a week to spare, I shouldnt be behind someone spending 20 buks a week.

Oh, and if you spend more than 20 a week to play this, you really need to take a step back. Give your money to charity or something..cause THAT is crazy.

You don't *have* to spend money to enjoy it. Most of the cash shop items are *convenience* only. They save a little time only.

Levels 1-15 are meant to be easy, they are really just 'tutorial' levels. It get progressively harder after that, and quite harder after 30 or so.

There are folks that maxed out to level 60 in ONE DAY, and plenty that did it over a few days. Either from pure 'grinding' or by using cash shop to advance their crafting skills (spending astral diamonds to rush the tasks). Probably because they were used to playing 'end game' content in other areas like EQ and WOW and that's what they enjoy. Those are the same folks that are now whining that there's not enough end game content or 'respec' of the character costs a few bucks.

So, if you're worried about 'keeping up', it's already too late. If you didn't play on day one, you're behind already. If you measure yourself against others that way you'll never be there until you've maxed out. Even then, as new end game content is added (which will be a while), it's unlikely that you'll *ever* be the first to acquire that ultra-rare 'vorpal sword of the mad ghod' that drops one in a hundred times in a max level equivalent of a 'raid'. There are folks that live and breathe 'epic content' guilds that will stay up until 4am to be the first ones.

Unlike a single player game, you can't 'win' an MMO. There is no 'win'.

As you can see from the forum title, yes, I paid cash. 260 for both packs and another 400 on zen on top of that. Used for 'cosmetics' mainly. I like this game and like to think I'm helping support the developers, plus making sure that the business folks don't pull the plug. Please don't make any assumptions tho, I also give money to charity (close to 10k last year). 600 is a lot to folks that don't have it, it's half a mortgage payment or two car payments. I have neither to make anymore, everything is paid off, my kids are all graduated, married with kids of their own and all gainfully employed. 600 is less than a days pay for me. Some folks will happily drop 100 a month on a gym membership (and never actually go!). Some will drop 2-300 on a round of golf over the weekend. Some will drop a couple of hundred on a concert or baseball/football/basketball game. Some will put the loose change from their pockets in a jar each night and then turn it in once a month to take the family out to the movies. It's all relative.

No, none of my characters are maxed out. Highest is L39 and the other two just hit L20. It will be at least a month (or much longer) before ay of hem hit max level, I'm having far too much fun soaking up the scenery and getting immersed in the content (heck, I'll spend an hour just reading all the journal entries!) and role-playing to be concerned with hitting max levels or acquiring 'epic' items.

I don't do PvP, not really my thing. At my age I lack the 'twitch' skills (and suffer from carpal tunnel) to be able to mash the right sequence of buttons fast enough while also moving the mouse around. I might partake of a little now and again, but the mentality of most of those I've seen discourages me. Either they'll be all like "haha, loser!" (or worse) or they'll be all like "cheater! Overpowered!" and jump onto the forums crying for a nerf. That and most of them seem to be way too immature or so ultra-competitive that I simply wouldn't get any fun out of it. (Doesn't apply to eveyone that enjoys PvP, so no need to jump down my throat about my opinion here).
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try not to think about it. I have a habit of buying a lot of things when i get severely depressed, and a tonne of stuff occurred in the last week that did that.

So neverwinter...I bought myself the 200$ pack, bought five friends the 60$ guardian pack, and then I bought myself some bags and some keys.

Woops :3
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way too much. :/
    edited May 2013
    ............................e.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gah this thread makes me cry emo tears. So many people pouring 100s of not 1000s of dollars into a terrible business model and a game that will probably never come out of beta before it dies and they start up the cash cow cycle with the next game. I know you guys can afford it but you make it worse for the rest of us. Developers keep making half-assed games with stupidly priced cash shops because there are people who have nothing better to do than spend 1000s on it. I can't wait for the F2P model to die already, its gone from bad to worse.
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
  • warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Zip.
    Every time I prepurchase a game, it seems to be a total flop.
    And, while it has some improvements over DDO, (less grinding), the graphics are so poor I get a headache after an hour or so...
    (And, I have 2gb HD graphics and screen.)
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • xaretic#1648 xaretic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing....are the beta characters not going to be deleted?
    Don't want to spend if there will be a character wipe.
  • presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bought the $60 founders pack and was so put off with the pricing, I havn't put any more money into the game.
    Am waiting off for quite some time before spending any more to keep a look out for any ongoing surprises that might entise one to keep spending big money each month into. I'm affraid that it might be the endgame gear costs to keep up with the Jones that may turn me off the game and get me hunting once again for another but intill then, so far having lots of fun and have defently got my $60 Worth with the game.

Was more hoping they would go the revenue approach and work with many micro purchases from people rather than big buck items. If a lot more options come avaliable for certain items where they ask a lot less, I would say that a lot more people would perhaps be using Zen and probably allow them a bigger return.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warzog wrote: »
    Zip.
    Every time I prepurchase a game, it seems to be a total flop.
    And, while it has some improvements over DDO, (less grinding), the graphics are so poor I get a headache after an hour or so...
    (And, I have 2gb HD graphics and screen.)

The graphical fidelity is actually very good. You just do not like the art style. Completely different things (poor graphics does not give one a headache. Perhaps it's the FOV, but not graphics).
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hubby got me 200 founders pack, Ive bought nothing else, i still have most my 2 mill AD untouched.
    I havent bought any costume packs cause i dont wish to foll up my bank vault with costume bits.
    also i don't know if im gonna reroll when new classes/races get released.

if costume sets were accountwide and or slot based id probibly own them all by now even at thier current prices.
    also id have bought 2-5 more costume slots.
    if pets were accountwide id probibly also own quite a few of them.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 on gaurdian pack
    40 on heavy howler
    20 on keys
    10 on a 24 slot bag

you people who havent paid anything should be ashamed

No, we shouldn't, because the actual developers stated that the game requires people who don't spend money as part of the community.

Try harder to make it look like the ludicrous amount of money you just pissed away on almost nothing seem normal and worth it.
  • bravekoboldbravekobold Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zip nada nothing..

I do note that the people who have spent money on this game have paid, had this been a subs only game, between 3-6 months, worth of play time, where they would have got every single piece of content, provided for no extra cost...

How much more will you be spending in the next month, one, two three years worth of subs.... on a game full of pixels which remain the intelectual property of perfect world...

Then people say things like if it wasn't F2P I wouldn't bother with it, and I just shake my head, sadly, and remain completely unsurprised that 90% of the planets wealth is in the hands of 1% of the population..

P.T. Barnum was right there is one born every minute
  • abandageabandage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent $200 on founders. I might buy some black dye for my end game gear but currently lvl 44 and no need to spend any more beyond my initial purchase.

Cheers!
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might drop $20 on bags for me and my girlfriend, come pay day, and if better looking costume items come out at a reasonable price i'll put more towards that as well.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • bravekoboldbravekobold Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    Gah this thread makes me cry emo tears. So many people pouring 100s of not 1000s of dollars into a terrible business model and a game that will probably never come out of beta before it dies and they start up the cash cow cycle with the next game. I know you guys can afford it but you make it worse for the rest of us. Developers keep making half-assed games with stupidly priced cash shops because there are people who have nothing better to do than spend 1000s on it. I can't wait for the F2P model to die already, its gone from bad to worse.

Its actually a very good business model, if you are a stock invester or a director, because there are hundreds of suckers prepared to spend.

This game is seriously average, for a game in open beta in 2013 it has graphics that are 10 years old, and yet people have allready coughed up in many cases more than a years subs, using the old payment model.

Only game I can think of that is as bad as this graphically that has been introduced in the last two years, that is supposed to be better, and isn't a brower game,is GW2 which still has the same faulty wireframe models for the chainmail wearing fighters leaving that awfull gap in the stomache.

neverwinter make w.o.w graphic look cutting edge..and life like.

This is the first time I have down loaded a game, in the last five years, and the graphic are so bad, its making original Everquest, and Ashertons Call look good.

So no from a business sense its a great model...

See boss, told you, we put a few extra shaders into a pacman game and suckers will still throw hundreds of dollars at it
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    200$ on Hero of the North
    60$ on Guardian of Neverwinter
    40$ on Zen Store
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
    edited May 2013
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't spent any real world money yet, but I am tempted. I want to give the publishers something, because I am having a blast in the game but at the same time I want to see how far I can get without spending money.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 bucks so far.
    (keys, Mount, and a couple odds and ends)
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fatpat82 wrote: »
    $110- $60 for founders then bought $50 for zen

^^same as the above

I knew we should have stuck with monthly subs. I feel manipulated in game even after spending this much and it's making me irritable.
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Nothing.... yet. I've just cancelled my sub in Champions Online and would be more than willing to buy some costumes if they added them to the Zen Store as I don't really want to buy any of those silly keys. I've been playing this for two days now and think I'm going to be here a bit longer so I'll gladly give Cryptic some money if they put out some stuff that interests me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plethorasplethoras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent the last 2 hours stuck in a Foundry map that I've abandoned and still can't leave
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    Gah this thread makes me cry emo tears. So many people pouring 100s of not 1000s of dollars into a terrible business model and a game that will probably never come out of beta before it dies and they start up the cash cow cycle with the next game.

You mean like they did with STO? Oh, wait, that has been around since 2009 and has a massive expansion around the corner! This, by the way, is what convinced me to support NW with money.

I spent $2200 on WoW, and it never felt it came out of beta, either. The moment I stopped paying, I could no longer use anything I spent money on. I much prefer this business model here where I can spend as much or as little I want, and I can stop any time I wish to without losing access to my "stuff".

F2P is where it is going. The subscription model is dated and consumer-unfriendly, especially if paired with a cash store. And all sub-based MMOs that charge monthly, as well as for the game itself, seem to have cash stores now.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!