test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In "For Review?" - Will trade feedback

dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
As we know, it can be difficult to get people to try out and give constructive feedback on the projects we've put time and energy into

I'm looking to get constructive feedback on my recent published quests:

1) The 27th Level (NW-DM85LNJ8J): One secret organization of legend. Five unique trials. 17-20 minutes.

2) From Dusk 'til Dawn (NW-DT773OSVJ): Take revenge on brain eating Zombies. 10-15 minutes.

If you're willing to provide feedback on it, let me know here or in comments the details of your project, and I'll make a point to do a walk thru on my GWF and provide feedback.

Again, this isn't for artificially boosting review scores, this is for people who want honest feedback on our efforts from from new and experienced members of the community.

Hopefully this helps some of us get started and improving our recent creations.

**EDIT: Please make sure to include your shortcode with your quest name - Thanks!
Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
Post edited by dzogen on

Comments

• heroicdoseheroicdose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the Outside.
    by: @heroicdose
    its a story run with plenty of combat and some dialog

pls review would appreciate the critism pls
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool I'll check it out & leave feedback
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • greeeekgreeeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Cool I'll check it out & leave feedback

I'll check it out, I just put in a new map myself called The North's Revenge.
    edited May 2013
    i subscribed and will review it after maintenance
  • ghost413ghost413 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here .. will review after maintenance i also published my first project /quest called "the hidden crypt" by @crafoor. (still got some issues with sounds not playing as they should but ill fix that after maintenance and re-publish)
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ghost413 wrote: »
    same here .. will review after maintenance i also published my first project /quest called "the hidden crypt" by @crafoor. (still got some issues with sounds not playing as they should but ill fix that after maintenance and re-publish)

Placed sounds are broken in live. :( They are still trying to fix that.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys, I will subscribe to your stuff too after maintenance tonight. Appreciate it.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • savagehenrrysavagehenrry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @savagehenrry
    Quest name is Slig Caves
    NW-DMRNRKVJD

On my first revision published it right before downtime. Will check yours out after servers come back up
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As we know, given the current functionality for new publishers, it's difficult to get people to try out and give constructive feedback on the projects we've put time and energy into - in part because of the lack of search functionality that currently exists.

I'm looking to get constructive feedback on my recent publish:

I liked it a lot :) 2 little things. 1 typo: Vizzini says, "This the cannot be" And the second thing is that I wouldn't be tempted by Megan Fox because I am female :P

The 27th Level
    One secretive organization. Five unique trials. What is the 27th level?
    Length: 15 minutes or so
    @Dzogen
    NW-DM85LNJ8J

If you're willing to scroll through the "in review" column and provide feedback on it, let me know here or in comments the details of your project, and I'll make a point to do a walk thru on my level 41 GWF and provide detailed feedback.

Again, this isn't for artificially boosting review scores, this is for people who want honest feedback on our efforts from from new and experienced members of the community.

Hopefully this helps some of us get started and improving our recent creations.

If you have time can you run "Easy Quest" (Search best) on your highest level character? I am just trying to get it to 15 minutes again. I lengthened the map but now noone will play it for the daily so the time is stuck at 14 minutes. I don't require feedback because I know it is boring (read the description :P) Anyway, if you have time, thanks.
    edited May 2013
    greeeek wrote: »
    I'll check it out, I just put in a new map myself called The North's Revenge.

Can you list the shortcut code? Too many to scroll through looking for it :P
    edited May 2013
    edit: CAN YOU ALL PLEASE leave the short code? :D
  • deathsight911deathsight911 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea, i will check your quests. My first project:
    Lost Brother
    Code: NW-DBAYLZCLK
    @deathsight911
    duration: 15mins
    any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
    edited May 2013
    @heroicdose, @crok2, @savagehenry, deathsight911 reviewed and left feedback

@crok2 - took me about 18 mins or so on my gwf. kind of ideal map for a gwf who wants a quick easy run since you can sprint around and recharge, lots of easy mobs for aoe, etc.

@greeeek - your quest bugged out at the first cave - I couldn't pass through, so I was unable to continue to leave further feedback

@crafoor - made it to main crypt then there seemed to be no option to go to next map. I followed the quest guidance the entire way back I came but there was no way out - you need to look at this because people can't finish your quest.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a ton dzogen! :) I will play other peoples quests tomorrow.
    edited May 2013
    please play and review mine On the Ouside i will be doing the same for peoples in this list
    edited May 2013
    Just played The 27th Level@dzogen. Really nice quest, reviewed ingame, only thing that i found was pack of 3 wolves in 5th trial, one of the wolves is named alpha, but its not the strongest wolf in the pack.
    and Easy quest@crok2, not much to comment, fulfills the role of fast and easy quest so its okay.
    I'm going to play other quests right now.
    Edit1: finished Slig Caves@savagehenrry, quest works well, just that map feels very empty
  • greeeekgreeeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My short code is The North's Revenge NW-DDI5KZLQ4.

I fixed the bugs map works fully did it on live.
  • crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest's name is "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" it's a story about a war between Nashers and crazy beggars!
    Short code is:NW-DOVTSEIKQ

This is my first map, so I hope it is enjoyable. I would like to know how people feel about the encounters and atmosphere. I tested the mission on my lv22 mage and it's solo-able, but I don't know about the lower and higher levels. About the atmosphere, I want to know if the story and map design are attractive enough for players to try the upcoming quests.

I'll be reviewing the quests soon. :-)
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I have updated:

From Dusk til Dawn
    Code: NW-DT773OSVJ
    10-15 mins, solo

Would appreciate any feedback/ reviews on this one and will do the same if I haven't already.

Thanks,
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll review yours, and would love honest feedback on mine. Ravenloft: The Hunger (though you can only view it if you subscribe to mine hflord1...I have no idea why that is).
  • zoustyxzoustyx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ha ha sooooo many references in this lol! I gave ya a review, have fun!
    My Campaign: "Lords of Desire"
    Quest 1: "A Basement Full of Bones" -Code: NW-DNNSEN88D
    Quest 2: "The Halls of the Everdead" IN BETA NOW NW-DF9CHASFN
    Quest 3: TBA
    Quest 4: Maybe
    edited May 2013
    Great idea, i will check your quests. My first project:
    Lost Brother
    Code: NW-DBAYLZCLK
    @deathsight911
    duration: 15mins
    any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Ok, you need a lot of help with your Grammar.The pacing seemed pretty good but I couldn't over the grammar. "I" should always be capitalized. There were too many grammar problems to mention. I started writing them down but then decided it was too much effort :P
    edited May 2013
    thx for feedback crok2, I will work on that and update is as soon as possible
    edited May 2013
    @savagehenrry
    Quest name is Slig Caves
    NW-DMRNRKVJD

On my first revision published it right before downtime. Will check yours out after servers come back up

Really well done :)
    edited May 2013
    @Greeek - I just reviewed North's revenge. Really liked it - big game of thrones fan. Seems like a huge change from last time if I recall. I would just suggest making it a bit longer or into a campaign, etc. Seems to lend itself to a Game of Thrones theme. As it was, I was surprised at how short it was.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I'll start going through the quests in this thread after I've done a bit of actual work. :P

But for now, here's my first foundry quest:

A Friendly Reminder
    @jkpark
    NW-DAQN7H5GO
    Duration: Roughly 15 minutes depending if dialogue is actually read or not.

I made it deliberately short and simple, as it was my first attempt. But any feedback is appreciated. :)
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
    edited May 2013
    @jkpark - good dialogue/ writing. I'd try to streamline some of the multi-map transitions, seemed like there was a lot of shuffling back and forth. Also I couldn't find the dude in the top part of the house because I didn't go far enough into the room to spawn the alert. So you might want to make some of your waypoints in the quest on area, but point. Solid start.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
  • jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    @jkpark - good dialogue/ writing. I'd try to streamline some of the multi-map transitions, seemed like there was a lot of shuffling back and forth. Also I couldn't find the dude in the top part of the house because I didn't go far enough into the room to spawn the alert. So you might want to make some of your waypoints in the quest on area, but point. Solid start.

Awesome feedback. Thanks. I'll fix those points this evening. :)
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Review for dzogen's "The 27th Level"
    Overall fun map. Combats are interesting as well, a lot of variety. Some parts can be more interactive.
    For example, the trial of intelligence can have a bigger dialogue tree to make a more like a trial then something players just need to click through.

I also left a review in-game,too.
    My quest is "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher", short code is NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    edited May 2013
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just reviewed yours as well & left rating. Overall, good map & variety. I have to apologize that i've been up all night & need to crash so couldn't mentally focus so can't give story criticism.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent