test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Housing ='s Boost in Zen Sales

wunjiowunjio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I absolutely love Neverwinter, and the only thing in my mind that could make it better would be Player Housing. Not only will people have a blast with it, but it will also boost your Zen Market. Make the beginning tutorial housing maps and items be quest rewards and make basic looking housing items profession related, however make all the real eye candy Zen Market items. Make them tourable so people can show off their housing and add leaderboards. Not only will this make players happy it will also make Dev's pockets happy =) I would gladly pay for my eye candy, as would anyone! Love you Perfect World!!!
Post edited by wunjio on

Comments

• rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see this, as well. I don't know if that's something they are looking at for the future or not, though.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest some sort of guild hall before player housing, or at least something similar for guilds at the same time. Could move the guild bank in there, then give some sort of 'teleport to guild hall' scroll (purchaseable with AD of course), with unlockable vendors and all that. Possibilities are pretty much endless, sadly, it seems most games completely ignore what people want in terms of private instances.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forget housing. Add guild keeps that require materials (resources and assets), astral diamonds and gold to upgrade.
  • rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I would imagine guild halls are coming at some point, since they have the equivalent in STO already. Of course, I can't seem to find anything about what they have in development, so they may not even be thinking about that.
  • xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a guild hall would be a much better investment, it seems to fit the universe itself much better.
    Think housing is a better option in single player games or smaller games with multiplayer options, to be honest with you.
    Just because some players would enjoy it, doesn't make it the right fit for this game.
  • wunjiowunjio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not do both, because both are valid points, each player has different tastes and whether your a solo/player housing enthusiast or a rockin guild with an epic guild hall idea, both are wanted and both would line the Dev's pockets with Zen Sales....I think both should be implemented =)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Every time I "Pray to the Gods," I am asking for player and guild housing (as well as the speedy return of my Goddess). I'll happily pay AD or Zen for such, as long as it isn't too expensive.

. . . . . What I'd really like to see is for the Foundry to be incorporated into Player Housing where we can create our own houses, estates or even castles, villages and cities that become static public zones (if desired by the owner). Then add housing decorations and collectibles you obtain through out the game and man, this would be the best housing system on the market and the only thing that could blow UO's housing customization out of the water.
  • suzisuccubus777suzisuccubus777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good lord. Can you imagine the price that would be attached to that though? Dress - $15. Badger - $35. House - $100 and only accessible from one of your toons. You can buy the multi-toon "key" for only $30 a slot, though.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild Castles. Cross-guild raid content where you need to raid another guild's castle... Mwahahahahahahaha...
    Good lord. Can you imagine the price that would be attached to that though? Dress - $15. Badger - $35. House - $100 and only accessible from one of your toons. You can buy the multi-toon "key" for only $30 a slot, though.
    Welcome to PWE! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As long as player housing doesn't slow down the rest of the game, then sure! The devs could hire more people and form a new team who's sole purpose is managing the player housing system in NW!

Because the last thing I wanna see is PVE and PVP content being delayed or put on hold because they are too busy adding and perfecting player housing!

It's fun, but actual action-RPG game content is more fun!!!

I used to miss player housing when I quit Star Wars Galaxies! I thought I could never play another MMO that didn't have a good player housing system...... and then I played WoW..... and I never cared about it for 8 years in a row!!! Blizzard added so much PVE and PVP content that those who wanted player housing didn't care anymore because there was so much other stuff to do instead!

So please devs, only add player housing to Neverwinter if it isn't gonna slow down PVE and PVP content!
This discussion has been closed.