test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known issue: Voice Chat Offline

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey All,

Voice chat and Foundry Search are currently offline. Our team is looking into these issues and we hope to have a fix soon. Currently there is no ETA, but we will let everyone know as new information is discovered.

Update 1: Foundry Search is back online. We're still looking into a fix for Voice Chat, and will continue to give updates as soon as we have them. Thank you!
Update 2: Voice Chat is back up on Beholder, but still down for Dragon and Mindflayer. We're still investigating!
Update 3: Voice Chat is now working for all shards. Thanks for your patience!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• kideokishikideokishi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you expect that Foundry Search is back online after the Maintenance?

Greetings from Germany :)
    We didn't got the information, so i just checked back here and tada, there is the information :)

Love you guys cause you make a pretty great job.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dez, FYI, I am getting one page of around 10 quests when I hit "L" and try to browse quests. I know there are dozens, but I cannot see any of them just that one small page. Earlier today there was nothing there at all.

Please make this a priority. It is really unfair to folks who spend hours and days creating this content and then their quests don't show up. It also gives a ridiculous unfair boost to the ones that do show up:(.
  • coolerlewcoolerlew Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they get VC working soon, my girlfriend lives out of town and we are looking forward to playing Neverwinter together
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    coolerlew wrote: »
    I hope they get VC working soon, my girlfriend lives out of town and we are looking forward to playing Neverwinter together

You could use Mumble in the meanwhile. :)
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • azlethazleth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coolerlew wrote: »

My girlfriend lives out of town too so we use skype.
  • fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the voice chat still down or is it me
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Dez, FYI, I am getting one page of around 10 quests when I hit "L" and try to browse quests. I know there are dozens, but I cannot see any of them just that one small page. Earlier today there was nothing there at all.

Please make this a priority. It is really unfair to folks who spend hours and days creating this content and then their quests don't show up. It also gives a ridiculous unfair boost to the ones that do show up:(.

I agree, those lucky people that got into featured or the top of the For Review list are all getting hundreds of plays while I can't even invite ONE friend who plays D&D with me in real life to enjoy a reconstruction of one of my actual quests he played when we first got into D&D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I wish we could get some kind of ETA on a fix:mad:.
  • skinstonskinston Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    I wish we could get some kind of ETA on a fix:mad:.

Man I'm sure they are saying the same thing. Haha. This is why we have this lovely open beta to play. So they can work the bugs out. Sadly fixing one thing must have screwed the vc and foundry. But like you I can't wait for it to work again.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any update? We really like the in-game voice chat.
  • raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Trollollo...
  • budgiewudgiebudgiewudgie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why I can't login on the game?
  • lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Voice chat and Foundry Search are currently offline. Our team is looking into these issues and we hope to have a fix soon. Currently there is no ETA, but we will let everyone know as new information is discovered.

So, there is still no update? I can't believe this thread is like dead... voice chat being down is terrible.
  • lordbullgodlordbullgod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    So, there is still no update? I can't believe this thread is like dead... voice chat being down is terrible.
    Would voice chat being down be a reason my sister can not get her local voice test to work? My local test works fine. She has a USB microphone. It is working well in all other MMOs.
    Just checking.
    edited May 2013
    More concerned with Foundry. An update on when Foundry search is going to be fixed please?
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please, kind developers, could we get some type of update or ETA? Foundry Search and Voice Chat have been down for over 72 hours.
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ah. I'm one of those people that check out all my interface options before trying to race to level.

I spent a good deal of time trying to get my voice chat to work, but now I see that was a waste of time.

Hopefully, they get this fixed soon. I just started, so I haven't bothered to group yet, but voip is much nicer than having to type.
  • ugotme2ugotme2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should make Foundry work without the need to log into servers. People could then at least work on making quests while the servers are down, which seems to happen a lot. It would be nice to at least be able to work on some of the basic steps of creating quests during down time.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Voice Chat still down?
  • joakaunejoakaune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was quite funny last night when I started hearing voices speaking in german or dutch or something when I wasn't even logged in to the game. Had me really puzzled for a while, I ended up closeing everything else I had running untill it was just the game left open before I realised I was acctually getting someone elses voice chat from the game.
  • caugencaugen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday the voice Chat worked!!! Today it is dead again!! Come on guys, this can't be true...
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caugen wrote: »
    Yesterday the voice Chat worked!!! Today it is dead again!! Come on guys, this can't be true...

Updates?
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Now that Voice Chat and Foundry search are back, I am un-sticking this thread. :)
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Now that Voice Chat and Foundry search are back, I am un-sticking this thread. :)
    Foundry search back? Really?
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • ssarlssarl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voice chat doesn't seem to work today at least
  • lichomancerlichomancer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Voice chat is down now since the crash.
  • zathabarzathabar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please re sticky as you can see many folks (inc me) are still reporting Voice out of action still
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voice chat not working for me either, all setting turned on, cant hear anyone and when I test my microphone all I get is static,e ven though it works perfectly in Skype. ventrillo/TS

it is a standard Logitech usb gamer headset