test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there anywhere (other than AD AH), that I can obtain crafting assets?

gelatinouscoatgelatinouscoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know, for example, I can buy a "Worn X" from the merchant, but I can not turn 4xWorn X into an "Iron X". Do these drop in quests, chests, or somewhere else?

Any help appreciated!
Post edited by gelatinouscoat on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . There are random resource loot nodes for the various class skills around the World, which when looted will provide crafting components. Sometimes rare ones. You can buy skill kits from some of the merchants to be able to try looting (with a chance for failure) other class-resource nodes.
  • gelatinouscoatgelatinouscoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That seems to apply to the consumable resources, but does it apply to *assets*? I've only seen the consumables drop from kits or loot.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The asset drops are very rare, but they do happen. Besides that, your best bet is probably Zen, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The asset drops are very rare, but they do happen. Besides that, your best bet is probably Zen, unfortunately.
    As with any other rare item or component you may need to rely on your fellow player and buy them from the auction house. They were just lucky enough to find something they didn't need so they could sell it to you!
  • rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I've got two adventurers (blue quality) and a mercenary and didn't use the AH or cash shop (can't remember where they came from, but do know I didn't purchase them). Some assets can be purchased from the crafting vendor, but those are consumable types of assets.