What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unsure about continuing playing this game

12346»

Comments

• spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    setariii wrote: »
    Aaaand this thread made me uninstall my game... I was just about to play it too but if there's no endgame, I want nothing to do with this game. I knew handing the Neverwinter IP over to Perfect World was a ****ty idea. Why would they do this...

Now the go to response would be "doesn't matter, you're not a player, bye"

But that's a TERRIBLE way for someone to represent the community, so let's give this a bash.
    Are you a big pvp, player? then the brunt of the "P2W" complaints won't even affect you, I mean if jimmy has his super sword of direct debit, which blows up monsters in one hit, that might seem cool but really he could be a terrible player, unless the game itself is completely gear driven, and that kind of thing matters to you, you don't have to play with visa valerie, or direct debit dave at all.

So you'll be inconvenienced, for a while if you're a f2p player. But right now at least, it isn't something that totally infects the game and causes it to be unplayable at least arguably in a pve setting, why not at least re-install and give it a little more time instead of simply walking away? you lose nothing in the process and might make some new friends.
  • exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    extra commodities like bags and potions that save you time from farming in game, giving you an advantage over someone not spending real money. that is pay to win.

How is having more bag space and paying money for potions that can be bought cheaply for silver pay to win? So what if you have to empty out your bags more often because of all the junk you pick up and truthfully I have no idea what to do with gold in this game aside from using it to buy kits and potions.

Pay to win means being able to make your character stronger through shop purchases which results in an imbalance in the combat portion of the game. Also given enough time and effort into obtaining AD, you can purchase the shop items on the auction house or convert AD to yen to get what you want. It's not like they designed it so shop items can ONLY be purchased with cash.
  • pwnthersayspwnthersays Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet another F2P MMO that is going to shoot itself in the foot by ruining the player experience, by forcing dreadful grinds for essential items, just to promote their Real money cash shop. Then again, the two character limit was enough for me to uninstall this beta.
  • rygar666rygar666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, a lot of people never want to put money into the system. That doesn't mean they don't contribute to the community in some way.

However, the reverse is also true- the game has to charge something and make money. While the game doesn't force you to spend, some of the pricing is just too high. I'd certainly be inclined to spend more if they lowered the prices on some of the central components for leveling: wards, tomes, etc... Charging high prices for customization/vanity items is one thing, but don't price players out of wanting to continue to play.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exshin wrote: »
    "Oh hey I don't mind spending $15 a month on a game but make me spend $10 for something in a free game and **** is ****ing ridiculous."

Seriously? >.>

Almost none of the items in the ZEN store are account unlocks. Just think about it.

For example I had more than 10 characters in WoW, WAR and STO, and I had almost 10 characters in Rift and GW2. Of course I could get the Guardian pack but it certainly doesn't feel like it's worth 55€ (GW2 was 35€).
  • ohrobinvanpersieohrobinvanpersie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is a thinly-veiled pay2win cash grab, and the gameplay is so riddled with problems that no amount of money will make it good.
  • odglock19odglock19 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest if you think about that cost and then add up another game that gives you pretty much everything you can buy in this one but with way more content like Rift or WoW, it would cost less to pay the $15 a month for the year than it will to buy all the stuff you need at max lvl in this game. And the sad thing is, people will do it.