test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix the level search in AH

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im sick of browsing all low levels just to find my level gears when it doesnt work please address this in next maintance patch so that i can use the search function properly <3
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    and while you're at it fix the AH search function completely for the gateway version the only thing i've seen work is the only for me clicky the rest doesn't do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the color scheme for it all is impossible to read right now so might want to give a settings section where we can change colors. and that is my $ .005 worth of rant lol
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, please add a "Only Show Listings with Buyout" checkbox. Listings without a buyout aren't worth looking at.
  • fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Im sick of browsing all low levels just to find my level gears when it doesnt work please address this in next maintance patch so that i can use the search function properly <3

+1

I was looking for a weapon yesterday, but gave up because there was just so many pages, and the level search wasn't working right.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah so fustrating >.<
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1.

The AH is terrible, sorry Cryptic. I absolutely love this game, but I refuse to use the AH in its current state. Along with everything thats been said in this thread already, the Ascending/Descending feature doesn't work, either.
  • duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seriously, the marketplace needs alot of fixes....

what's standard in most mmo's now a days, is missing in this one.. it's a horrendous piece of work, and whomever made it and thought it good enough, needs to be moved to the database sweeping floor department...

i mean, all the things we need to be able to sort, either aren't in the game, or is not working at all... that's bad...
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
  • yoshitheblmyoshitheblm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I definitely concur!
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be stickied/bumped until we get a better AH. I don't even care about the gateway that much, because they are both broken, either way. Dunno who was in charge of the QA on the AH, but they dropped the ball, big time.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    needs fixing
    edited May 2013
    bump for being most relevant thread in GD
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    QFE. Looking for gear is near impossible.

And I thought SWTOR's auction house was bad! I stopped complaining on there AH now and count my blessings! lol.
    edited May 2013
    *bump* Please address this ASAP <3
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the most annoying issue at the moment, at least for me. When I am trying to find an upgrade for a specific slot I don't want to have to wade through dozens of pages to find an upgrade because the level search simply doesn't work.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's see...

1) The Level option doesn't work. At all.

2) The 'must have this stat' feature doesn't work. At all (kept showing items that didn't have said stat).

3) Searching by name barely works. If I'm looking for "+3 Evoker's Shirt of Youth" (to just pick something random) if I type in +3, Evoker, Shirt, or Youth, I'll find things with one word search that the other search options don't come up with. In other words, if I type in +3 or Evoker, I'll find items in each list that don't show up on the other, despite sharing the same name.

4) Desperately needs a way to 'only show Buy It Now' prices. I absolutely will not ever bid on something and wait 5 days for it. Period.

5) Because searching is such a total mess, it makes it impossible to try to sell items - you can't just search for the item you have in your inventory and price it out. And the one time I just dragged an item to the sell window to see the 'default', it wanted 100k ADs for a level 25 or so crafted Leather Shirt.

Fix the bloody Auction House. I thought the one in CO was a pain in the rear to use at times and is really limited. But at least it works.
    edited May 2013
    *bump* need serious fixing please
  • treal512treal512 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the search filters are thoroughly jacked up (reminds me of Diablo 3), but it is functional if you know what to do.

For example; you want a level 30 weapon for your character.

Do not click on the weapon category. Instead, click on the category that groups all items (like armor, leggings, shirt, weapons, etc.) together. Once you are in the broad "equippable" items category, refine your search by choosing the rarity and making the minimum level 29 and the max level 30. Next, do not check the box "usable by me." Instead, scroll down to your specific class. To even further refine your search since you are still searching for all equippable items, use a keyword like dagger or sword. Be broad until you find additional keywords (smiting, evading, etc.) that will be even more specific for your weapon's stats.

This method always works for me, but it is a very roundabout method that generally requires you to know at least one keyword to narrow down the search. Luckily, the item vocab in this game is not too broad yet (I don't know about level 30+ items). Hopefully they'll just fix the search engine eventually.

ps. Sorry about the vagueness. The servers are down and I don't know the exact field names.
  • krozamkrozam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, the AH seems to be the place most in need of quick fixing right now.
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I agree. 1000000 times over..
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • spaced03spaced03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second this post, The AH searching system needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    This definitely needs fixing, its weird though because there was a small period of time when the game started that it was working for me.
  • enyceckk101enyceckk101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, you need to pay over $500 to unlock these auction house features.

/troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe this has not been addressed yet.
  • krisb45krisb45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of the auction house, wish more people would include the buyout option on their items.
    I don't mind paying a bit more to get the item now, because putting a 5 day wait on an item under level 10-12 is just silly.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
    edited May 2013
    krisb45 wrote: »
    Speaking of the auction house, wish more people would include the buyout option on their items.
    I don't mind paying a bit more to get the item now, because putting a 5 day wait on an item under level 10-12 is just silly.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

I don't understand why people do this. Even at my current level (35) why on earth would I want to wait 5 days to get a new dagger/armor. In 5 days I will be more like 45/50 with my current play schedule.
  • exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    ya i find this annoying along with a few other bugs which is why i am taking a break till they fix it
  • xandurxandur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree as well! But I think another important search function is to have a "minimum value" text box next to each stat when customizing a search. I've noticed that items with the same name can have different values for each stat. So if I'm looking for a new dagger (for example) and I already have +60 crit and I need to make sure my new weapon has more, it's terrible sifting through 200+ daggers just to find that one better one, and then to see it has a bid only with 4+ days remaining makes me completely reconsider ever going to the auction house, not to mention the many many minutes I put in just trying to get the search to work properly and bring up the correct results!
    edited May 2013
    Wow still no fix for this yet or completely forgot about this >.<
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    there is a workaround..

The level search works on the Gateway. I buy all my gear through gateway for this reason. I thought more people knew this?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That works? Seriously? *curses up a storm*
    edited May 2013
    Again still no mention of being fixed so we left with BROKEN AH search function that we have to go through 400 USELESS low level gears to find decent one for myself or anyone can use :(