test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unsure about continuing playing this game

Comments

• stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Seems people in this thread don't remember the grind required for the spell cloth / moon cloth bags in WoW.

You want a 24 slot bag(biggest available in the game) readily available for purchase at an NPC for your liking?

Let's say they did make bags craftable for, oh, level 20 tailors. And it required the same amount of effort to not only level your tailoring to 20. But wait! There is a 48hr CD to make the one of the 6 said items required to make said bag. 12 days is suitable to you to make a 24slot bag? Mind you this doesn't include the days spent to get your tailoring to 20. Nor the time you spend kitting yourself out with a 24slot bag for each bag slot.

I assure you, these bags would cost far more AD than the simple conversion of 1k Zen -> 500k AD. But hey, you don't want to pay 500K for the bag right? So naturally you exchange your AD either for Zen or to buy a bag from someone who supported the game to give you the opportunity to own said 'precious'[enter smeagle monologue here].

So this is the point where you read my post and then exclaim 'BUT WE WANT OPTIONS!!!' I say to you, suck it up. If you do your dailies, and refine 24k AD a day, you'll have your precious bag in no time flat. Best part is? You didn't have to foot a penny.

Your example sucks. In WoW, there is no cash shop option to purchase bags. You don't need to because they drop from mobs all over the place. In this game, you're given two small ones and you're expected to pay up if you don't like that. There are no options. It would take months to grind out AD to buy a bag off your holy cash shop.
  • misterjunmisterjun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is not saying it's impossible to play through without ZEN. He is saying that at least BE REASONABLE about it.
  • exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People really need to stop referencing WoW. You shell out money to buy the game and then shell out more money for a subscription. If you can do that you can afford to spend a $20 for commodities.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    exshin wrote: »
    People really need to stop referencing WoW. You shell out money to buy the game and then shell out more money for a subscription. If you can do that you can afford to spend a $20 for commodities.

And still end up paying less than what this game wants you to pay, how crazy
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    Then don't buy a bag. You can and will get them in game. Again learn to manage your money and your wants and needs. I am sorry that you are poor and feel this game is to costly for you but that is how these games work kiddo. Either you adapt or you don't. Also you are an idiot if you think mining copper for an hour will buy you anything more than a 8 slot bag in wow. I would have to be hollow headed to believe that tall tale

1st bolded part: Vapid response, that simply acts as a cop out, here's how that one actually works

"If you don't want to ACTUALLY discuss anything, don't post"

2nd: assumption, the mother of all eff ups. Also the basis here of a bad consumerist. Or, in the very least someone who isn't able to discuss things if they toss this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around.

3rd:You and assumption, seriously need to get a room and get rid of this sexual tension you got going on, cos I sense some passion here between you two.

4th:OH A CHALLENGER APPEARS! now this romance is a sordid love triangle, thanks to the intervention of AD HOMINEM. What will happen next on "the brave and the troll"

Now, before you retort with "but he started it" yes, he did and you immediately escalated his input to the stupid flame war that gets this thread and others like it locked, and fed this garbage with needless antagonism.

I'm so much more than happy to re-edit this quote and post or request it be deleted, should you decided to actually help try and undermine the ridiculous aggression that these threads attract as well as the ad hominem by editing your post and removing the sneering rubbish undertone btw.
    edited May 2013
    "Oh hey I don't mind spending $15 a month on a game but make me spend $10 for something in a free game and **** is ****ing ridiculous."

Seriously? >.>

Nice straw man, if only it had a brain.

guess it's time to see the wizard of oz.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    1st bolded part: Vapid response, that simply acts as a cop out, here's how that one actually works

"If you don't want to ACTUALLY discuss anything, don't post"

2nd: assumption, the mother of all eff ups. Also the basis here of a bad consumerist. Or, in the very least someone who isn't able to discuss things if they toss this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around.

3rd:You and assumption, seriously need to get a room and get rid of this sexual tension you got going on, cos I sense some passion here between you two.

4th:OH A CHALLENGER APPEARS! now this romance is a sordid love triangle, thanks to the intervention of AD HOMINEM. What will happen next on "the brave and the troll"

Now, before you retort with "but he started it" yes, he did and you immediately escalated his input to the stupid flame war that gets this thread and others like it locked, and fed this garbage with needless antagonism.

I'm so much more than happy to re-edit this quote and post or request it be deleted, should you decided to actually help try and undermine the ridiculous aggression that these threads attract as well as the ad hominem by editing your post and removing the sneering rubbish undertone btw.

He is just moaning about the cost and it is plain to see that he wants everything now and cannot afford everything now. This has to do with managing his money, time and what he needs vs what he wants. Some times you have to speak plainly to people or they just don't get it. Example your post here is passive aggressive and does nothing but work as troll bait.
  • notroarwafflenotroarwaffle Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's probably been said before, but I'll say it once more:

1. You get more bags as you progress through the game. I just got my 3rd yesterday and I've had no problems with managing my inventory since. I don't know if I can get any more free bags, though I doubt I'll really need them.

2. I'm fairly certain that the 24k AD thing only applies to rough AD; you can earn a ton more AD from selling items at auction.

3. The exchange rate for AD to Zen is entirely player-driven. Give it a month and the rates will be much, much lower. After release, I imagine no one will complain about the impracticality.
  • exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And still end up paying less than what this game wants you to pay, how crazy

What math are you doing? I've played WoW for almost 6 years with a month-to-month subscription. 6(years) x 12 (months) = 72 (months) x $15 = $1080. And that doesn't include what I had to pay for the game and expansions, the vent server for my guild, and website hosting for the guild site. This game doesn't demand much money at all.
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems to me the F2P'er portion of the community are just hoarders. Is talking to an NPC that is located at 80% of all campfires to vendor for space really that much of a burden?

I'm 60. I have full T1.5/T2 gear. I have about 84 bag slots total. Want to know how many of those I actually use? 10. I utilize 10 slots out of my available 84. At 60, you shouldn't be picking up every single morsel on the ground because it glitters. This also applies to the leveling phase of the game.(As a side note, I have not paid for any Zen to date for NWO. Merely AD exchange or proper AH utilization.)

'BUT, BUT, WHERE MAH GONNA HOLD MAH CHIPPED ORC TEEF????'

Be content that they give you an endless amount of crafting slots. Shedding tears if we were required to pay zen to have bags to hold crafting materials would be a legitimate complaint. But they don't. So do yourself a favor and actually hit 60 before complaining about something that, I assure you, will work itself out in the long run.
  • aldonesxrcsaldonesxrcs Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When did pointing out Straw men, specifically, become the latest internet fad?
    I've seen, like, 15 of these in the last hour. Can we sometimes at least use a synonym or something?
    Please?
    edited May 2013
    He is just moaning about the cost and it is plain to see that he wants everything now and cannot afford everything now. This has to do with managing his money, time and what he needs vs what he wants. Some times you have to speak plainly to people or they just don't get it. Example your post here is passive aggressive and does nothing but work as troll bait.

My only intention, thank you very much for the added assumption though which in my view vindicates me...

Was to get you, to maybe, just maybe discuss something with a little bit of civility which would of course add your voice as I would call it, to those that have with quite a bit of sense at least offered a reasonable counter argument outside of the flawed go to responses that keep getting spammed and spammed and bloody spammed since the game FIRST had these threads, no matter HOW sincere the feedback was. It's INSULTING, to open a thread which gives at least some candid feedback and then throw some over simplified responses at them. If I came across as "passive aggressive" well, that was because I was a bit annoyed seeing yet another post like yours, but not because I have some sort of a problem with you per say, but simply just for the reason I don't like seeing gamers let themselves down, by inadvertently feeding ridiculous aggression between different viewpoints.

I did at least "attempt" to become a bit more lighthearted as I became more critical of your post, with the soap opera reference, but I guess it did come across as bad, but still... you were the second wrong that didn't make things right, so the third wasn't really going to matter much anyways was it? :P
    When did pointing out Straw men, specifically, become the latest internet fad?
    I've seen, like, 15 of these in the last hour. Can we sometimes at least use a synonym or something?
    Please?

Because, there's so many of them on this forum, and I for one, find the crow to be a beautiful bird, and they're being scared off by them :( THINK OF THE CROWS!
  • neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    its pretty clear the cash shop is drastically overpriced in many cases.This being said,i don't mind spending 30-40 bucks a month (high end) to enjoy a game I like to play. I feel like I should be able to buy the things I NEED to play or have them included when I spend money like that . You can give all the arguments in the world but it comes down to it is frustrating to be willing to pay a few xtra bucks for an enjoyable experience but it seems a few bucks wont cut it it in Neverwinter. What people are saying here is they feel ripped off, not that they are opposed to spending some money.
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you need validation from anonymous people on the internet on any aspect of what to do with your life, you have far greater issues
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only intention, thank you very much for the added assumption though which in my view vindicates me...

Was to get you, to maybe, just maybe discuss something with a little bit of civility which would of course add your voice as I would call it, to those that have with quite a bit of sense at least offered a reasonable counter argument outside of the flawed go to responses that keep getting spammed and spammed and bloody spammed since the game FIRST had these threads, no matter HOW sincere the feedback was. It's INSULTING, to open a thread which gives at least some candid feedback and then throw some over simplified responses at them. If I came across as "passive aggressive" well, that was because I was a bit annoyed seeing yet another post like yours, but not because I have some sort of a problem with you per say, but simply just for the reason I don't like seeing gamers let themselves down, by inadvertently feeding ridiculous aggression between different viewpoints.

I did at least "attempt" to become a bit more lighthearted as I became more critical of your post, with the soap opera reference, but I guess it did come across as bad, but still... you were the second wrong that didn't make things right, so the third wasn't really going to matter much anyways was it? :P

If you don't like my post you can go and ignore me.....works great.
    edited May 2013
    its pretty clear the cash shop is drastically overpriced in many cases.This being said,i don't mind spending 30-40 bucks a month (high end) to enjoy a game I like to play. I feel like I should be able to buy the things I NEED to play or have them included when I spend money like that . You can give all the arguments in the world but it comes down to it is frustrating to be willing to pay a few xtra bucks for an enjoyable experience but it seems a few bucks wont cut it it in Neverwinter. What people are saying here is they feel ripped off, not that they are opposed to spending some money.

Ripped off? It's complaining about having to purchase large bags while bringing in a monthly subscription game in order to validate their argument. It's an extremely poor backing to an argument and deserves to be criticized.
  • burchnallburchnall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What would they add with a subscription ?
    Two things come to mind, slight priority in queue-times in the dungeon queue. For example perhaps subscribers 'time in queue' grows at 1.5x the speed. So if I wait in queue for 1 minute as a subscriber, when trying to find me a group, it would consider me at 1 minute 30 seconds. Gives me and advantage over a non-subscriber whom has been waiting 1 minute but not over one who has been waiting 2+ minutes.

The second one has to do with...
    labbb wrote: »
    If you play 7 days in a row you can get a free ruin combiner , from the celestial coin vendor . I already see a bunch on the auction house for only 100,000 AD .
    If you are refining rough astral diamonds, @ 24k per day, assuming you are maxing our every day, that's five days to buy one from the AH. If you are combining the 2 tiers below into max-tier...you'd need 16 actual 'items' and 5 ruin combiner items. That works out to 25-days per max-lvl seal. If you have gear that has 2 seal slots available...50 days per slot x 12 slots of equipment on your character? 2 years.... Even if you double-the rate b/c your assuming every day your getting your celestial done for your extra-ruin combiner once per 7 days, thats still 1 year of grinding. If your combining 2nd to max tier into max tier, it would be substantially less in regards to closer to 3 months. Still, that only gives you your relics -- not including mounts or anything else from a cash shop one might want including bags.

So the other thing I'd suggest for a subscription is like 'x free zen' for each month you remain a subscriber and no limit to the amount of AD you can refine in a day. So if your a really hardcore player, you could grind 50k AD a day or 100k AD. This works well with a F2P model b/c it convinces subscribers to try purchasing an item once b/c...why not? I have free zen in my account and they enjoy the 'fast-progress'... and then start to think...man another month till my next zen allotment...maybe..ill just purchase...$10.00 worth. Its not that different than my $10 subscription!

Other games too give feature to subscribers like a 'Sprint ability' allowing you faster movement for 15s on a 1-2 minute CD useable not-in-combat but where mounts-are-not-allowed. You could also give subscribers a small perk towards lvling like +10% exp base and +1% for each month you have subscribed. So if someone's been a subscribing member of the game for 2 years, they'd have +34% exp gains. Not a huge advantage and keep in mind after 2+ years of playing, the ONLY thing you'd be leveling would be alts of alts of alts :P
    edited May 2013
    If you don't like my post you can go and ignore me.....works great.

And that's about as vapid as it gets as far as responses go, why even post that? you would have had a better result opening up notepad and rolling your face on the keyboard? instead you just make me look right, and yourself as a troll?

The irony being I was only being "plain spoken" and telling you, that you could obviously do better in terms of your responses. Which is the excuse you used when escalating the arguments with ad hominem and assumptions...

Ripped off? It's complaining about having to purchase large bags while bringing in a monthly subscription game in order to validate their argument. It's an extremely poor backing to an argument and deserves to be criticized.

This is correct, finally some sense, thank you (no sarcasm)
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Eh I don't know man. Granted I'm only in the high thirties but I haven't seen a reason to purchase anything yet. As of now the only think that appeals to me in their cash shop is possibly a respec because I screwed up in where I put some of my points.

I do personally think some of their items in the shop are overpriced in their offerings but I simply won't purchase them. Doesn't anger me or make me feel ripped off. Honestly, think they would sell more and overall make more profit at lower price points but that is my opinion.
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    burchnall wrote: »
    Two things come to mind, slight priority in queue-times in the dungeon queue. For example perhaps subscribers 'time in queue' grows at 1.5x the speed. So if I wait in queue for 1 minute as a subscriber, when trying to find me a group, it would consider me at 1 minute 30 seconds. Gives me and advantage over a non-subscriber whom has been waiting 1 minute but not over one who has been waiting 2+ minutes.

The second one has to do with...

If you are refining rough astral diamonds, @ 24k per day, assuming you are maxing our every day, that's five days to buy one from the AH. If you are combining the 2 tiers below into max-tier...you'd need 16 actual 'items' and 5 ruin combiner items. That works out to 25-days per max-lvl seal. If you have gear that has 2 seal slots available...50 days per slot x 12 slots of equipment on your character? 2 years.... Even if you double-the rate b/c your assuming every day your getting your celestial done for your extra-ruin combiner once per 7 days, thats still 1 year of grinding. If your combining 2nd to max tier into max tier, it would be substantially less in regards to closer to 3 months. Still, that only gives you your relics -- not including mounts or anything else from a cash shop one might want including bags.

So the other thing I'd suggest for a subscription is like 'x free zen' for each month you remain a subscriber and no limit to the amount of AD you can refine in a day. So if your a really hardcore player, you could grind 50k AD a day or 100k AD. This works well with a F2P model b/c it convinces subscribers to try purchasing an item once b/c...why not? I have free zen in my account and they enjoy the 'fast-progress'... and then start to think...man another month till my next zen allotment...maybe..ill just purchase...$10.00 worth. Its not that different than my $10 subscription!

Other games too give feature to subscribers like a 'Sprint ability' allowing you faster movement for 15s on a 1-2 minute CD useable not-in-combat but where mounts-are-not-allowed. You could also give subscribers a small perk towards lvling like +10% exp base and +1% for each month you have subscribed. So if someone's been a subscribing member of the game for 2 years, they'd have +34% exp gains. Not a huge advantage and keep in mind after 2+ years of playing, the ONLY thing you'd be leveling would be alts of alts of alts :P

What level are you?

I suppose you plan on individuals using Coalescent Wards to combine from rank 1 all the way to 10? You can get to Rank 7 (Epic) runes without any Wards. This game doesn't require min/maxing stats. Going past 7 for any rune is purely an egotistical need and not a factual gear need.
  • neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    Eh I don't know man. Granted I'm only in the high thirties but I haven't seen a reason to purchase anything yet. As of now the only think that appeals to me in their cash shop is possibly a respec because I screwed up in where I put some of my points.
    Im talking about stuff that like crafting equipment/employees and other stuff that is important if you want convenience, not fluff. Like I said,i don't mind paying a lil xtra so I don't have to grind the AH etc. but imo that convenience is overpriced ~
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dont need bags, ive seen purple companions go for 200k AD and im not sure how expensive wards were again but they werent that expensive on the AH...
    I see no reason why you should buy anything (aside from a respec token perhaps) but find something good to sell, sell it and it wont take ages to get enough diamonds to buy one of those.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
    edited May 2013
    And that's about as vapid as it gets as far as responses go, why even post that? you would have had a better result opening up notepad and rolling your face on the keyboard? instead you just make me look right, and yourself as a troll?

The irony being I was only being "plain spoken" and telling you, that you could obviously do better in terms of your responses. Which is the excuse you used when escalating the arguments with ad hominem and assumptions...

tumblr_lvv4jvx4xj1qemoij.png

This is correct, finally some sense, thank you (no sarcasm)

All you are here is a well spoken troll. Since you seem to have a problem with my post I told you that you can ignore them. Also you are trying to hard here and failing :) take care I won't be replying to you again
  • bluntsandbeatsbluntsandbeats Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't realize this game was pay to win. Saddens me. I don't mind cash shops that are for purely cosmetic things but when people pay to have an advantage, that's just wrong. And saving time is an advantage. When someone can spend dollars and do things in a much easier and quicker way, that is definitely pay to win.
    edited May 2013
    I didn't realize this game was pay to win. Saddens me. I don't mind cash shops that are for purely cosmetic things but when people pay to have an advantage, that's just wrong.

It's not pay to win. It's pay for extra commodities. If there were special weapons, enchants, and buffs that were obtained through the shop then it would indeed be pay to win, but this isn't the case.
    edited May 2013
    All you are here is a well spoken troll. Since you seem to have a problem with my post I told you that you can ignore them. Also you are trying to hard here and failing :) take care I won't be replying to you again

Translation: you were right, you framed it badly and worded it in a manner that was similar to how mine was wrong, but rather than simply take it on the chin, and maybe come out of it a little bit wiser and more ready to discuss things, I'm going to call you a troll and then take the "moral high ground" and claim i'm beyond critique and tell you to stop responding to me.

Response that you don't have to read: This is ridiculous, your responses have been ridiculous, and your claims are ridiculous, all I asked was that you don't escalate the ACTUAL potential trolls and get yourself in trouble for it which is where it will end up given that even though my posts were quite badly worded and framed (as admitted) you still made me look like I was at least being semi-reasonable...

Anyways, the actual responses have been

1: bags are NOT mandatory

2: Mounts are potentially an issue due to PVP

3: The economy is in flux

4: Prices don't feel like they match their utility outside of perhaps character slots.

Do we have more useful stuff to add that has more sense? I'm personally most miffed about respecs but I'm also unsure of just how important they ARE in truth, that being said I think there's an underlying issue with STR being slightly too good in terms of a stat, thankfully there is something that isn't a complaint about the cash shop :P
  • setariiisetariii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aaaand this thread made me uninstall my game... I was just about to play it too but if there's no endgame, I want nothing to do with this game. I knew handing the Neverwinter IP over to Perfect World was a ****ty idea. Why would they do this...
  • lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i have done so far is make 3 accounts it is free after all and use the other accounts to be used as mules.If you need more room than the normal 2 toons per account and bank space then your doing something wrong.

Any thing you find you don't need just dump on the AH for a decent price and your AD's will start to grow. Gold is not much use in this game from what i have seen.
  • bluntsandbeatsbluntsandbeats Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not pay to win. It's pay for extra commodities. If there were special weapons, enchants, and buffs that were obtained through the shop then it would indeed be pay to win, but this isn't the case.

extra commodities like bags and potions that save you time from farming in game, giving you an advantage over someone not spending real money. that is pay to win.
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    setariii wrote: »
    Aaaand this thread made me uninstall my game... I was just about to play it too but if there's no endgame, I want nothing to do with this game. I knew handing the Neverwinter IP over to Perfect World was a ****ty idea. Why would they do this...

The game is like a week old, and you've already decided it's worthless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...