test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The problem with control wizards

2»

Comments

• losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    You're not supposed to be able to CC bosses. That would make most encounters far too easy.

The way I see it, Control Wizards are supposed to handle the adds and throw a few spells at the boss when the opportunity arises.

Control Wizards should NOT be given to much burst damage since this will lead to class homogenisation which plagued WoW. The classes should all have different roles.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

you have no clue. use your cc just to control adds and then you have 15-20 adds in epics chasing you with your 21k hps.
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    lone1egend wrote: »
    I have zero problems as a CW being on "Add" duty and dealing with them when they spawn, in fact I rather enjoy it. The problem lays in when there are no adds spawned for durations of time (I don't know if that will change at 60, I'm only 26 at the moment; thanks to limited play time cause of work). If at 60 in Epic Dungeons there is a constant flow or pretty consistent flow of adds I'll be happy.

Although I do think there needs to at least need to be the ability to get stacks of "Chill" on Boss Mobs. It sucks when there are no adds and I know I am doing sub par DPS on a Boss because I have zero stacks of Chill on them. I am constantly panning my camera looking for adds just so that I can feel useful again.

yea it changes you get more adds that are faster than you in most cases and can do 3-5k a hit and your cc last 1 sec
  • clacksonclackson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what steal time is for.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My experience as a cleric with every single epic dungeon except Castle Never (haven't tried it yet) is that I care far more about having a competent CW in my group than either other class.

Bosses are almost entirely about Ads. The actual boss is really not a threat or the big impediment to success. The final boss of the spider lair is perhaps the most extreme example. Either your CW is competent and throws ads off the edge or the boss heals obscene amounts and the fight takes forever.