What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

neverwinter kills my internet...

Comments

• Options
    kegoragekegorage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having similar issues. I will call my internet provider and get this router , modem thingy replaced. Hopefully that solves it.
  • Options
    kegoragekegorage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having these problems before neverwinter. So I think it is my router/modem I've been using for over 10 years : /
  • Options
    theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so neverwinter has been literally disconnecting me from my actual internet service for small periods of time when playing. I am wondering if this is happening to anybody else. Again, I dont just get disconnected from the game, I get disconnected from my entire network and I cant even search the web.

anyone know what this problem is?

yes same issues... and you are not the only one I as well as many others have posted on this... but no bloody answers..... if u scan post will see many complained about this... we just are frustrated and gaved up
  • Options
    butler6981butler6981 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i am happy to say i was just in a party and ran a skirmish so they must have done somthing to fix this issue!!
  • Options
    vampp187vampp187 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having the same problems too. I have done many small maintenance to my pc and my modem and its still giving me the same problem. I think it does have something to do with the game, because ihv played FW, GW2 and D3 sometimes all at the same time, and never gotten that problem. i would expect a lag, but not disconnection of my net.
  • Options
    gumbalaiagumbalaia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue, also, when I have the netgraph enabled, I can see suddenly the received packets jump to hundreds of thousands / Millions and the rest just freeze.

I was able to play a little earlier today, but now in the evening/night, it's unplayable. I've tried to finish this foundry for 3 hours now.

Also, does not happen with any other mmos/games/anything.
  • Options
    malfatemalfate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Potential Fix
    Turn off any programs. Including skype, that may confilict.
  • Options
    stickman12345stickman12345 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so neverwinter has been literally disconnecting me from my actual internet service for small periods of time when playing. I am wondering if this is happening to anybody else. Again, I dont just get disconnected from the game, I get disconnected from my entire network and I cant even search the web.

Internet disconnects at the level you're describing can only be a problem with the modem or a problem with the physical connection. Right now, with the temperature changing, such problems are common. Your most practical option is to call your ISP and ask them to send out a tech to check your connection.
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Internet disconnects at the level you're describing can only be a problem with the modem or a problem with the physical connection. Right now, with the temperature changing, such problems are common. Your most practical option is to call your ISP and ask them to send out a tech to check your connection.

This is not the case. As many of us have mentioned this game temporarily disconnects internet service after we are disconnected from the game. This is the only game I have played that has done this and I am able to play many other mmo's without this happening. Read my previous posts, this is not an issue with my isp or my router not a problem with the modem, it is a problem within the games net files or a compatibility issue of some sort. It honestly is affecting quite a few people and those that are discounting it as some type of modem or router connection and aren't having the issue themselves and haven't been through every troubleshooting step in the world shouldn't bother leaving feedback because it isn't helping us resolve the issue. I for one would like to get to the bottom of this and when I hear people say that they are looking into it to me it just means that they are compiling a list of posts that have similar issues and deciding if it's a high enough priority to really dive into at this time. The truth is there is an issue with the server not responding and the game temporarily disabling internet connection. I played swtor and had it running all day today while switching back and forth between that and games of dota 2 and I had no problems, I do it all the time. however this game and only this game is creating this problem and the posts in this thread need to be related to those having the problem and not random users that aren't having the issue telling us what it can and cant be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bondybondy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, my friend is a technician for Rogers are has people calling about this problem a lot, not just for gaming. The most 3 common problems were:

1) Router is overheating and is shutting down. - to prevent this put the router on the side and not ontop of anything such as a cable box. This will ensure proper ventilation.

2) the router is on a metal desk or by other wireless devices, eg) microwave, which is causing interference.

3) the router is recieving too much signal which may be causing it to drop.

He visits many houses that say they play games or surf the web for 10min or so then get dropped connection for about 30min or so. then the cycle repeats.

I hope this helps your problem, if not i suggest talking to your ISP, and schedule a visit from a technician.
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see I am not the only one that this is happening too. I pray they get this fixed. This game is to awesome to get booted from.
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bondy wrote: »
    Hello, my friend is a technician for Rogers are has people calling about this problem a lot, not just for gaming. The most 3 common problems were:

1) Router is overheating and is shutting down. - to prevent this put the router on the side and not ontop of anything such as a cable box. This will ensure proper ventilation.

2) the router is on a metal desk or by other wireless devices, eg) microwave, which is causing interference.

He visits many houses that say they play games or surf the web for 10min or so then get dropped connection for about 30min or so. then the cycle repeats.

I hope this helps your problem, if not i suggest talking to your ISP, and schedule a visit from a technician.

Wow...ok I can stream a youtube video play swtor and dota 2 all at the same time for hours on end and never have even a minor hiccup or disconnect and never have a temporary disconnect from the internet. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE GAME!!! This game and only this game creates the issue, I don't have my **** router by my microwave jesus.... my router is always cool to the touch it's not overheating and the connection isn't dropped for 30 minutes or so it is literally like a 15-30 second disrupt in the internet connection. But again I need to stress that we are getting away from the issue at hand here. Many are having this real issue with the game and we need to stay focused on the fact that it is the game client and something wonky causing the server not to respond and temporarily confuse our system into believing the internet connectivity is lost. I have spoken to my ISP and had a tech come to the house. He told me that I have a top of the line router and modem and that the signal from the modem to the router is never lost during this issue. Which is why all other wireless devices in my house are not affected during the disconnect and temporary internet disruption on my machine. Im getting tired of not speaking with a dev or someone who knows a little more so I can actually have an intelligent conversation and discuss some of the underlying issues that may be at play here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chacarerochacarero Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    Wow...ok I can stream a youtube video play swtor and dota 2 all at the same time for hours on end and never have even a minor hiccup or disconnect and never have a temporary disconnect from the internet. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE GAME!!! This game and only this game creates the issue, I don't have my **** router by my microwave jesus.... my router is always cool to the touch it's not overheating and the connection isn't dropped for 30 minutes or so it is literally like a 15-30 second disrupt in the internet connection. But again I need to stress that we are getting away from the issue at hand here. Many are having this real issue with the game and we need to stay focused on the fact that it is the game client and something wonky causing the server not to respond and temporarily confuse our system into believing the internet connectivity is lost. I have spoken to my ISP and had a tech come to the house. He told me that I have a top of the line router and modem and that the signal from the modem to the router is never lost during this issue. Which is why all other wireless devices in my house are not affected during the disconnect and temporary internet disruption on my machine. Im getting tired of not speaking with a dev or someone who knows a little more so I can actually have an intelligent conversation and discuss some of the underlying issues that may be at play here.

Sometimes when my internet dies, also dies in my notebook and my brother's pc :C but only for a short time and sometimes for 3 minutes
  • Options
    zerdan1zerdan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same exact thing been going on since the last patch. Modem sits up in front of me and i can watch it drop , its really getting annoying and it the only time it has ever happened to me with a game and ive been around since the beginning of MMOs. Hope they figure something out soon, i was enjoying playing.
  • Options
    jinx1121jinx1121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why, but disabling my wifi on my modem/router combo worked to stop the disconnects for me. It's not ideal and don't know why it only happens with this game and not GW2, WoW, and SWTOR on my machine. It's certainly not ideal and if it remains that I can't have my wifi up while playing this game I may not play for long but hopefully it gets fixed.
  • Options
    cherokeluvcherokeluv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same for me. Actually thought it was my service but its only happening when on the game. Its resetting my modem. Don't know how to fix it. Its only issues I have with the game.
  • Options
    cherokeluvcherokeluv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bondy wrote: »

Well my husband trumps your friend since he is a computer Electronics Engineer and he says its the game. We love the game but...we cant stay on longer than 10 or 15 minutes so hopefully they fix this issue. Im going to send a tweet to the Neverwinter Account and see if that gets me anywhere. Good Luck.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this dc problem still continues for me...
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    finovariusfinovarius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I will chime in here with a known issue I have seen before when I worked with video games. I was part of PunkBuster and gamers would have the EXACT same issue of connections dying when PunkBuster was enabled. We were able to track down the cause and I'll try to explain it here. Note that this was a few years ago but the same thing may still exist in routers.

The cause of the drops was found to be a feature in NetGear routers at the time (and some others) called SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection). The issue it was triggering on were OOB (Out of Band) communications to IP addresses. This would occur when PunkBuster used the same socket the game used to send a packet to an address that the initial connection was not defined as. The router would falsely identify this as malicious and kill the connection. Eventually the game would recreate the connection and the hang stopped. Different routers may handle this differently, from killing just that connection, to killing all connections, to just killing that hosts connection. So look for something that might resemble SPI or some other form of packet inspection and validation. That could be your cause.

I do not know the game's backend working, tonight I'll fire up wireshark and do a network capture and see. If anyone was net savy and wanted to run wireshark and a capture you may be able to identify when and possible exactly what packet was killing your connection. A pcap of your traffic when your connection dies would go most of the way to identifying the cause.
  • Options
    wadabacklashwadabacklash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is most likely something with SPI - I disabled it in my router and it have had no problems since.
  • Options
    mgs1legacymgs1legacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this actually happened to me earlier PvP 2 times o.o
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :( happened again, disabling voice chat as per an old issue with another game seems to have helped, will reply if thats the case!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Disabling voice chat in the menu allowed me to play for the last 6 hours or so with my buddy, no disconnects at all. Try that out guys and see if it fixes it for you too?
  • Options
    chacarerochacarero Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disabling voice chat in the menu allowed me to play for the last 6 hours or so with my buddy, no disconnects at all. Try that out guys and see if it fixes it for you too?
    It worked for me
    Disable Voice Chat and you can play :D
  • Options
    bobsheebabobsheeba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happening here. It only recently started and it is only when playing Neverwinter. All other games and internet activities are fine. But recently if I play Neverwinter it completely disconnects me from the internet after a few minutes. Unfortunately I have little skill with computer sorcery so I have no idea how to exercise this.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone! We're still looking into this issue. Please help us out by posting your system specs and any relevant information (i.e. when the DCs happen, what kind of router you have, what fixes have you found - like disabling voice chat) and we'll continue investigating.

Thanks a lot! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    comablack4comablack4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happens to me also mainly at night.
  • Options
    lastfatalitylastfatality Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is just frustrating now I installed the game yesterday. I noticed that it isn't the internet that goes down but the computer blocks access to the internet, I know this because when I got DC (and lost web access) I connected to another router and it still didn't work, so the problem is that the computer blocks web access for a bit.

But the worst part of it all is that when I get DC I can't open the client anymore it says "Updating patcher,please wait, attempt to connect 1" and it's not just for neverwinter, I can't connect to LoL either, I have to reboot my computer, this is just incredibly frustrating.

Update: The problem comes no doubt from the game, I was playing LoL and installing the game (after having unnistalled because it bugs my connection to everything) and it broke my connection to my router as well as bugging all my games again and not letting me connect.
  • Options
    fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue keeps hapenning to me since this morning (GMT+1) making the game totally unplayable. It was all fine yesterday's evening.
    sominator wrote: »
    Please help us out by posting your system specs
    Here, have a good old DxDiag report (had to .zip it because of the board .txt file size limit).
    Let me know if there are any more informations I can give you about my specs.
    sominator wrote: »
    and any relevant information (i.e. when the DCs happen, what kind of router you have, what fixes have you found - like disabling voice chat)
    I keep getting randomly DC'd once when loading a dungeon and twice while walking on a normal zone, I also lose my computer's internet access when it happens and can't log back again for a while (timeout when trying to start the updater). I tried to disable the voice chat like suggested but it doesn't fix the issue.

My router is a very [censored] one nobody in the world use (Pirelli Centro Grande with a [censored again] ISP software layer), what kind of information do you need about it ?
  • Options
    chirakuchiraku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend of mine has the same problem but she only seem to have it during when she is connected with wireless internet.
    And her boy friend on the same network doesnt disconect at all.
    So if most of the players with this problem are using wireless try and put an cable in your laptop (or PC) and see if that helps.

I think this game has allot of micro packs sent witch will be interupted by the smalest interuption (wireless always keeps getting interuped by other singals that being sent truth the line of connection).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud founder of the guild :
    The Gaylords Of Middle Earth
    Have a f@ggoty day
This discussion has been closed.