Options

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 on my Guardian Pack
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    200 for founders, another 100-200 or so for zen, probably going to buy the 60 pack as well cause I want the wolf companion and second mount choice.

So atm I'd say about 400 roughly, could be slightly more but w/e :P
  • Options
    jaggedscarsjaggedscars Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $0 and glad I didn't get suckered in for a founders pack or w/e. I am guessing I"ll play this game for a few days and lose interest like most crappy mmo's these days. (Tera online / Asheron's Call are the exceptions)
  • Options
    raistlin336raistlin336 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $260 for both of the packs. Was not planning on getting the Founders one but LOVE the game.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 20$ on starter kit pack but i didn't receive anything yet :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The starter kit is a waste of money for the cost - its a one-character-only thing... so I wish I hadn't bought it, but I did spend an extra 5$ for character slots.
    0, i don't spend money on games in beta.

If you're waiting for this game to get out of beta, youre going to be waiting a very very very long time... because it's as launched as its going to get. It'll probly still be called open-beta when the servers are shut down for the last time.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to reach 60 at least before even considering it. So far it's a no even if I do that, so many rip off systems like 16 bank slots, limited bags, gamble lockboxes, stupid vendor prices (10000) for level 2 runestones, expensive respec even for the first one.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Real money? Nothing and never will for virtual items. There's a famous quote by Einstein, "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe." :cool:
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    sho9836sho9836 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 10 bucks on zen points. Do not plan to spend more as this game is at times very irritating lol esp. when i die and wake up next to "Let me tell you." and "are you ready to die..." over and over and over again is there away to shut the npc's up lol
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hyperbole ftw folks. There's no reason to call it a beta if it's still subject to a lot of changes and fixing and it's been going on all this time since it's release to open beta. <_< so yes, it's a beta.

As of now nothing, I'm too busy re-rolling toons. It's important with a non account wide item purchase via cash shop model that I'm HAPPY with my character, how it feels how it's built and how it looks, because given the cost of the ZEN etc items and their equivalent in terms of insane grind (that may never really be worth it cmon) I don't want to misspend and then give out about a bit of a rubbish monetization decision from PWE that's piggy backing on a FANTASTIC cryptic games title. Because really that's what I'm seeing, a GREAT game that doesn't try to break what works but instead bend it just a little to being a fantastic high action MMORPG, but sadly like most MMO's would not have been made without getting into bed with a publisher like PWE. Doesn't matter if it's innovative, brilliant or just a fresh take on the tried and tested formula's of older MMORPG games they just need the financiers to get it made into anything.

And to be honest, if it doesn't improve on that front then it will, despite being a class game from a talented and great bunch of folks, be doomed to mediocrity or at least harsh critique. It's a bit saddening but it's only indie titles that seem to really be able to at least break away from that and price things in a manner and way that works. It's odd in how games like League of Legends are so VASTLY different in their approach to their cash shop and how their skins etc work and have a real value even if they're JUST aesthetic and yet they're one of THE most played games on the planet and in fact are financially "raking it in" or at least being "highly viable" and yet it's only indie developers that are really putting out these titles and those with backing and bigger financial muscles, are in fact going in the opposite direction and not doing that great at all when you compare them...

But that doesn't mean that I won't buy some character slots etc, and put my money where my mouth is into the account unlocks, where they belong, unless something crazy happens and I do hit some hidden cash wall that many fear exists in this game in which case I'll just move along and consider it yet another greatly developed and designed game, that was then monetized by idiots.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 80$, (all paid trought Skrill) and 20$ were worth it because i got the 2000 zen as i was suposed to.. While the other 60$ i spent for Guardian package witch i didnt see a sign off so far...

2000 zen = keys + rename + 600 left for a skill reset
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    misterianusmisterianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have not spent anything yet, am level 60 on my character and grinding gear right now.

Probably will not spend anything untill they lower the rediculus prices.
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    60.00 on the founders pack. Plus 175.00 on cosmetic companioins/health stones/mass rez scrolls/keys/costumes/AD
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't made any purchases yet because I'm not certain I enjoy the game enough to keep playing and make a time and money investment into it.

If I do choose to stick around I'll probably start with some additional character slots so I can give a few of the other classes a go to see which type I enjoy playing with the most. At the moment additional character slots are the only item that strike me as having utility.
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the $60 Guardian pack because I do like Cryptic games very much. I didn't think the $200 pack was worth it though. I purchased 2 lifetime subs to Champions Online and Star Trek Online years ago, and they were well worth it because of the perks and monthly points. Unfortunately I cannot transfer my points from those games to Neverwinter, but I don't mind buying zen here and there.

When i enjoy a game I typically pick up game cards while I'm out shopping, so I expect to spend more, but not a huge amount all at once. I'm not annoyed over the cash shop prices like most people are, however. I just quit a game with an item mall that had truly obscene prices and boasted a heavy amount of gamble boxes. I would never have played it all had I not been in the betas before the item mall was published. The prices here are tame in comparison, although I dislike the lock boxes and the randomness. It is just a gambling box, and I know that is Perfect World's contribution because we never had gambling boxes on the other Cryptic games until they got into bed with Perfect World.
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merrybelle wrote: »
    I bought the $60 Guardian pack because I do like Cryptic games very much. I didn't think the $200 pack was worth it though. I purchased 2 lifetime subs to Champions Online and Star Trek Online years ago, and they were well worth it because of the perks and monthly points. Unfortunately I cannot transfer my points from those games to Neverwinter, but I don't mind buying zen here and there.

When i enjoy a game I typically pick up game cards while I'm out shopping, so I expect to spend more, but not a huge amount all at once. I'm not annoyed over the cash shop prices like most people are, however. I just quit a game with an item mall that had truly obscene prices and boasted a heavy amount of gamble boxes. I would never have played it all had I not been in the betas before the item mall was published. The prices here are tame in comparison, although I dislike the lock boxes and the randomness. It is just a gambling box, and I know that is Perfect World's contribution because we never had gambling boxes on the other Cryptic games until they got into bed with Perfect World.

How i wish we could transfer points between games...
  • Options
    palefreepalefree Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just downloaded and installed the game so I haven't done much with it yet. Looks like it will run poorly on my old PC so I might not continue playing it, thus not spending anything in the shop either.
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I bought Hero of the North, had a $20 Perfect World card I got back before Christmas, but was holding onto, then another $10.
  • Options
    dcrawler69dcrawler69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I notice lots of key purchases - What are the keys for?
  • Options
    dcrawler69dcrawler69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $20 for some zen.
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    dcrawler69 wrote: »
    I notice lots of key purchases - What are the keys for?

Keys are used to open nightmare lock boxes.
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 for Founders back, sadly that is all i will spend unless the cash shop prices get an over hall. The prices are just way to high :(

I really want to buy some stuff from the Zen shop but what i'm looking at will cost me well over $100 dollars, not only is that to much but i feel that what i'll get for $100 is not worth it.
  • Options
    kierangillkierangill Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Are players opinions on a slight change to the business model that could potentially clear some confusion ?
    The simply change I suggest is to change the business model to :-
    "Free To Pay"

The reasons for this new model are these :

1) You are free to experience the game .

2) But it gives a clear message that if you enjoy the product you are expected to pay .

3) This is a flexible payment system that does not interrupt your access to the game if you are temporarily short on finances (You continue playing with what you already purchased .

4) Since the vast majority use "Free To Play " To do just that .The 10% that fund the game pay for the 90% of free loaders, making purchasing items expensive .

5) Free To Pay is an honest title of an extremely flexible payment model and gives an honest message that says we cannot run this for free folks please understand .

6) Free To Play gives the message that the game developers are a charitable organisation that provide AAA content for the public to play in their leisure time .

7) Free to Play ruins the forums with players quite rightly upset that they have to pay for items in game that are free in a subscription game ,The payment model say "Free To PLAY" Players expect to play for free and if their is anything in the game you can buy to make your character better than average then lots of upset that the game is PAY TO WIN .

8) Free To Pay Has the potential to lower shop prices ,improve the forums ,and give the developers less restriction in what they can sell since the things in it will not be interpreted as a "cash grab", "nickel and diming players " it would be better understood as a neccessary revenue stream for the success and to sustain the future of a product you enjoy .

I cannot start a new topic so I hope you players don't mind me expressing my thoughts here ,would be nice to see what other people think of this small adjustment .
  • Options
    frostystaresfrostystares Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your suggestion is simply to change the name? That's not a change in business model in the least.

Free to play already rakes in loads of money; it's become more prevalent since businesses recognize this.

People complaining that they can't get everything in the game through in-game means are probably not going to buy anything, anyway, with or without a name change. Notable titles have switched from subscription-based to free to play and drastically increased their earnings.

Also, the non-paying players are just more content for the paying members.
  • Options
    lordfuxatonlordfuxaton Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my friend spent 200 dollars on keys yesterday, and didn't receive a mount
  • Options
    saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nothing until pvp class balance is fixed
  • Options
    lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 on gaurdian pack
    40 on heavy howler
    20 on keys
    10 on a 24 slot bag

you people who havent paid anything should be ashamed
  • Options
    random1285random1285 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    60 on gaurdian pack
    40 on heavy howler
    20 on keys
    10 on a 24 slot bag

you people who havent paid anything should be ashamed

I should be, but I'm not. I'm biding my time. I spent over a 100 euros on CO when I felt I needed it. (zen-questionite conversion) Also, on many costume sets. They were 500 zen each and I bought alllllllll of them and then all of the travel powers too. The key being that they were many and only five euros. :(
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too dang much
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero and probably wont for a while.

Character slots interest me but that's about it and I'm not worrying about alts until after I am capped tomorrow.