test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mouse scroll

hyperpsycrowhyperpsycrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi

I cant zoom in or out with my character..even if option is set to use mouse scroll up/down for this zoom..nothing happens ...wtf
Post edited by hyperpsycrow on

Comments

• joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But you can set the Field of View..
    You have to go into folder \Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata and change the file called Gameprefs.Pref.
    Change PrefEntry GfxSettings.DefaultFov number from 55 to 70 .
    It will not let you zoom in and out - but helps dramatically .
  • hyperpsycrowhyperpsycrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    But you can set the Field of View..
    You have to go into folder \Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata and change the file called Gameprefs.Pref.
    Change PrefEntry GfxSettings.DefaultFov number from 55 to 70 .
    It will not let you zoom in and out - but helps dramatically .

That dident realy change anything..still the same distance
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    haveing a scroll view has been in the forums since beta weekend 1. They haven't changed it
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Having a limited field of view is actually a significant part of some older action rpg combat systems.
  • jonnybigbossjonnybigboss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    haveing a scroll view has been in the forums since beta weekend 1. They haven't changed it

Sounds like a game I should spend $199 on.
    edited May 2013
    That dident realy change anything..still the same distance

You have to zone before it works
  • crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    You have to zone before it works

There are actually some situations where the default value can clobber what you put in the configuration.

Rather than changing it in the config file, you can change it on the fly with: /gfxSetDefaultFOV <fov>

Also, this value is your vertical FOV rather than your horizontal FOV that most games would use. So multiply it by your aspect ratio to get the corresponding horizontal FOV.

This is not something that's officially supported, but it's there to help some people who have more extreme setups (three monitors, etc).
    edited May 2013
    There are actually some situations where the default value can clobber what you put in the configuration.

Rather than changing it in the config file, you can change it on the fly with: /gfxSetDefaultFOV <fov>

Also, this value is your vertical FOV rather than your horizontal FOV that most games would use. So multiply it by your aspect ratio to get the corresponding horizontal FOV.

This is not something that's officially supported, but it's there to help some people who have more extreme setups (three monitors, etc).

wow that was nice..tnx :)
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I complete agree.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Could you give an example for this? With the language you're using I'm not sure I understand what it is you mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He has given a vertical FOV 55. Multiply 55 by the aspect ratio(example, 1.6 for most widescreen monitors) and you get 88, which is close to 90, a default horizontal FOV for most games.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    durenas wrote: »
    He has given a vertical FOV 55. Multiply 55 by the aspect ratio(example, 1.6 for most widescreen monitors) and you get 88, which is close to 90, a default horizontal FOV for most games.

I think I need to clarify, so... this command enters in the vertical FOV correct? So how do we enter in the horizontal? I'm assuming it doesn't automatically do this. So if I type in:

/gfxSetDefaultFOV <70>

That sets the vertical FOV from 55 to 70, yes? How do I set the horizontal? The reason I'm asking is because I originally assumed it was automatic but the language he's using makes it sound like you have to calculate the horizontal and enter it in accordingly in order to get an equal FOV.

Is this correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe it is automatic. This setting doesn't set your resolution, so the aspect ratio is easily gotten by the game. By setting the vertical FOV, the game automatically sets the horizontal, and you do not need to do anything with it.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be an option in the game. Very useful!