test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $200 for HotN and $100 in keys and Honey Badger.
  • Options
    mrarkedosmrarkedos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spent zero until now. Will maybe spent something on bank slots and cosmetic stuff when I'm 60.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing because the cash store is horribly priced.
  • Options
    undeadknight1undeadknight1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing so far.
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing..i want to but prices are too ridiculous. I am waiting for price reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Nothing. I have 5 capped chars on STO, can easily make 350zen a day from refining & selling off refine cap dil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sadly came to the conclusion over the last 2 days that this game is fizzling out for me. I *love* the graphics and combat mechanics. Maybe 1 year from now I'll take another look but right now my show stoppers..

1) Damage meters ruining group play. rush rush rush. drool drool drool.
    2) Nickel and diming and what currency is used for this, what currency is used for that, etc... After $200 for the game I have such small bank space and inventory space. I spent ~$50/month plus my $15 sub for LOTRO because it was a good value for my money and what I spent went very far. Exact opposite here.
    3) Now at 60 as a control wizard I don't make enough coin to keep my healing pots stocked up.
    4) Broken filters in AH killing the economy right now.. yes it will be fixed but right now I'm in my evaluation period and I can't determine what the AD gain rate will be like right now, nothing is selling. Game just appears to be a money suck right now.
    5) Game is "socially gimped". Its to cumbersome to even tell what someone's class or level is out in the environment. I haven't even figured out how to inspect someone's gear. There is no easy way to, for example, target someone and do a /salute or a /hail.

It kinda feels like an online, single player arcade game for me right now.. with the occasional group which isn't panning out how I had hoped. Tanks aren't tanking, healers aren't healing, rogues aren't disarming traps.

I'll try again later. My coworkers have talked me into trying GW2 for now so patching as I write this.
  • Options
    kelton313kelton313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero, having a great time too.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    treal512 wrote: »
    I was thinking about buying a respec today, but I think it's a little too early (sub-30 char). So $0, atm.

you can respect with AD , it goes up with level so respecting lower is cheaper .

BTW I spent 200 .. and at start of the month 50 bucks in discount zen . I play STO so only transferred 15 zen to this game ..so far :P
  • Options
    bunnypoopcerealbunnypoopcereal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well right now unless you have a horse with 110% speed any 30+ pvp is stupid.
  • Options
    tyreinwindirtyreinwindir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent about $20 on Zen points for character slots and some keys. I'll only be spending more on character slots when I need them. If prices in the game were reasonable I would have spent a lot more.

Not feeling like I'm being pressured to pay for basic convenience/QoL items would go a long way toward me wanting to spend money on this game too.
  • Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    And this is why companies love the F2P model so much.

You would have to spend a lot less money if this game was B2P (Like GW2) or F2P model with a subscription. And still you would got everything and not have to pay extra for it if it was B2P.

I have spent $10 for the same reason another has said, I have been playing it and it has been fun. I opened some boxes, but won't e doing that again any time soon.
  • Options
    ch0keslamch0keslam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey ladies, check out how much bag space I have. :cool:
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I plan on buying a single $15 card so I can open those nightmare boxes to get the phoenix pet. That's all I would want out of those boxes really. other then the obvious by my title of the founders pack.
  • Options
    laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent no money, because the game isn't pay to win, and because you can play the game without using your wallet. Surprising huh? Just like any other MMO out there.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I plan on buying a single $15 card so I can open those nightmare boxes to get the phoenix pet. That's all I would want out of those boxes really. other then the obvious by my title of the founders pack.

If you only want the companion, I would recommend to buy Zen instead, exchange them for AD in the game (exchange rates are still relatively high), which will give you around 675k AD. Current AH prices for the companion are 250-350k.

I opened 40 boxes and didn't get either the companion or the mount. If I had bought ADs with the same amount of money ($50'ish), I could have bought the mount AND the companion from the AH.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing so far.

Though it's pretty neat; most of the best parts of NWO so far (Foundry, even basic gameplay) doesn't really require the user to spend much money. ;)
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok say that when you play pvp against 5 people with 110% speed mounts. Or check your effectivness against someone who has spend zen for the stupid $30 companions, plus all the cash shop stuff NEEDED for top end enchants... Yeah not pay to win at all :P
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides my pack?

NOTHING. I'm waiting for better/more diverse content and more servers (Let's see that cloud-shard idea work, eh?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 bags, 1 epic mount, 7 respecs, and zen that i converted to AD to get the cat companion. Too much. Not feeling the prices but what the heck am i sepose to do about that. yeah, exactly.. live with it.
  • Options
    philparry80philparry80 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 on the Guardian pack and and a tiny amount of Zen for 5 euro
  • Options
    jonnybigbossjonnybigboss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    And this is why companies love the F2P model so much.

You would have to spend a lot less money if this game was B2P (Like GW2) or F2P model with a subscription. And still you would got everything and not have to pay extra for it if it was B2P.

I have spent $10 for the same reason another has said, I have been playing it and it has been fun. I opened some boxes, but won't e doing that again any time soon.

Yup. The subscription model was way better than this. Have you seen the guy who has spent $500 on here? Seriously, that's disgusting.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. The subscription model was way better than this. Have you seen the guy who has spent $500 on here? Seriously, that's disgusting.

I just become a GW2 player today... honestly at first glance their store seems to make sense. I'll still play this from time to time with hopes that the damage meters go away and the store gets somewhat reasonable.
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's disgusting if he makes 510$ a week. He just has way more cash than you or I my friend. The F2P shop stays with an added subscription model. Works great for Lotro. Seriously, take a hint Cryptic.
  • Options
    vandsmithvandsmith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 for pack
  • Options
    graveside00graveside00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is nothing but a PAY TO WIN GAME...what game charges for players to respect to have fun in different specs of their class. I will not spend $6 per respect to learn what the class has to offer, I want to have fun being able to respect in gold to just have fun playing my class the way I want to. I will spend money on cosmetic items because I believe they are different and offer me a choice if I want something different.

I will continue to just let other pay my way in the game until that one silly item is fixed...if not...I will play to level 60 and then go back to a $15 a month game that has more options.
  • Options
    bluespartan1bluespartan1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not spent a penny so far, but I am sure I will invest a bit at some point in the future.
  • Options
    necrogirl2necrogirl2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not one penny.
  • Options
    theyuttytheyutty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None, I probably wont until I get a discount code for zen cause the $20 package does not interest me at all.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    0, i don't spend money on games in beta.