test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jester's outfit appearance from Tarmalune Bar vendor?

alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I don't suppose anyone has picked this up and knows what it looks like? Screenshots would be nice!

Very much wishing this game had a preview feature right now!
Post edited by alairanfennec on

Comments

• Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was curious too, and thought a jesters outfit would be cool. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....
    You have no idea how much i wish i could get the bars back from that. SO ugly. :P

Default colors, no hat, costs more than a purple level 60 weapon or companion. Worth a fraction of that. You can barely change the colors too. :P
    8691632460_d6912dbc56_o.jpg
  • Options
    alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh good lord that is NOT what I expected. I shall pass on getting that, I think. :P

Thank you for showing, though I'm sorry you wasted bars on it! D:
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe that's why it's called a jester's outfit :)

Reminds me of Danny Kaye in The Court Jester.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh good lord that is NOT what I expected.

You and me both. I'd say it's the first thing so far that really made me think "I just wasted money on this game." :\

What's funny is i went looking for what it looked like beforehand, and nothing popped up, but i did see this from Forsaken World (on a perfect world site), and thought if it was at least silly, i could enjoy it. sigh...
    d3d2ee664b692757c09e2f463b501e371328053937.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Something else i keep thinking when i see it, "Why the F does it look like metal!?" :(
  • Options
    oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    A far superior jester's outfit :o although i'm thinking of buying the jester's cap instead of pirate cap. What's the jester's cap look like? I already spent $120 opening lockboxes and almost have enough for the cap.

1hf6th.jpg
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I was curious too, and thought a jesters outfit would be cool. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....
    You have no idea how much i wish i could get the bars back from that. SO ugly. :P

Default colors, no hat, costs more than a purple level 60 weapon or companion. Worth a fraction of that. You can barely change the colors too. :P

maybe the male version is better... here's to hoping
    21.jpg
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wow i feel for you.... if i see you around begging or doing tricks in that suit i will feel compelled to give you a gift to help make up for the lost bars. I was curious too... now im not...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    maybe the male version is better... here's to hoping

I'd actually laugh if it was the exact same thing. ;)

Sadly, it probably looks a lot better than the female version, but who knows. After this i doubt anyone will spend the bars to find out. ;)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just doesn't look like a Jester outfit. Too sexy for it. The one from Forsaken World is what a Jester outfit should look like.
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dayum! That's one <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Jester. Perhaps the Spell Plague opened a rift to an alternate reality and that outfit came falling through from the ***** Universe, where that is considered the norm?

Also, that is a hell of a lot of money you have to spend to get that outfit.
  • Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was considering making a "thank you" post to the art team for actually listening to player feedback and making chainmail shirts cover up the nonsensical cleavage window on plate armor ... then I looked at the screenshot in this thread. All I can say is I hope the male version is every inch as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I have this crazy irrational dream that one day, MMO developers are going to have a collective epiphany that their games are sustained in large part by adult gamers who don't actually need to be fed fanservice like horny thirteen-year-old boys in order to keep them playing. In fact, many of them (male and female alike) find the inequality in armor designs to be embarrassing.

Yes, we all know sex sells and every MMO under the sun will have these sort of outfits, but we really ought to have progressed to the point of abiding by the following:

1) If it's sexed-up for females, so should it be for males.
    2) If it's sensibly protective and badarse on males, so should it be for females.
    3) If your game does not have a preview feature and you give an item a name that evokes something classic in the setting, make it look like that classic item, not the fetish wear version thereof! This goes double if you're honestly expecting people to pay over $100 USD to buy the stupid thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't look bad at all, maybe too smexy and meh coloring, but still.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited April 2013
    The gloves and boots are nice, almost like someone else designed the rest of the equipment.. needs a bit coloring too
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    is a hat for it sold separately or did they just not make one?
    21.jpg
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013

There's 3 parts top bottom and hat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    There's 3 parts top bottom and hat.

well dangit now i wanna know what the hat looks like too lol :p
    21.jpg
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I like it. Not going to buy it, but I like it.
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013

8691632460_d6912dbc56_o.jpg

Er... I'm reluctant to say that I think it's cute - but I do. Looks like Harley Quinn. :)
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    edited May 2013

3 parts, hat, tunic and leggings, each piece is 550 of the bars from lockboxes. 1650 for all three. For vanity items, i feel that is insane for not really being that amazing looking. You can get a purple mount and still have 650 left over for what you spend for the whole set. I first bought the chest piece, and was quite let down, but my ocd had to know what the legs looked like. I'm probably still going to buy the hat, but i'm a few hundred from being able to get that. I'll post when i do, but i'm not in any hurry to get it.
    Er... I'm reluctant to say that I think it's cute - but I do. Looks like Harley Quinn.

Nothing wrong with liking it, my main complaints are that you can't preview what it looks like, and no one had posted yet what it looked like, and the fact that it all looks metallic. I like the arms and legs, but the skirt and chest piece just don't seem to "fit". I will say it looks a bit better to my eyes dyed different colors. I currently have it dyed black and red.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    breatha wrote: »
    Er... I'm reluctant to say that I think it's cute - but I do. Looks like Harley Quinn. :)

I agree. My question: is it Dyeable? I'm not a fan of the colors. Been saving Astral Coins (or whatever the daily coin it for invoking) and there's a great Dye set for 15 Coins I'm going for. This outfit in those colors would be #epicwin I think!

And no, I am not being sarcastic. I'm serious.
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    The male version looked great on a human when I first saw it Day 1.

Was even considering buying some keys just to get a hold of it to wear in PvP, but if that is the female Drow version as well, I'm going to pass.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree. My question: is it Dyeable?

Yes it is, but it's hard to tell when you are doing it what gets colored what, hard to explain, but there is a sheen like metal over a lot of it when you are doing it. I dyed mine Blue accents, black primary and red secondary on all pieces,
    The male version looked great on a human when I first saw it Day 1.

I'd really love to see that, if anyone has a screenshot.

Well, i bought the hat, and here you go, that's what the full set on a tiefling female looks like. I think gear is only different on males and females, with no race differences, but i could be wrong. Keep in mind i dyed all the pieces now. If anyone wants to put this on the wiki, feel free, i'm not too up on how to do all that, but with no preview, good to share.

I also want to add, that opening all those boxes for the bars, i never got a mount, and the only rare drop i got was two of the fire bird. :\

8700550022_0aafe01aa0_o.jpg
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say that I do like the male version of the clothing better most times. It's a shame that the outfits aren't unisex
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol @ the hat on a tiefling...
    i like the hat, boots, and gloves but that torso part just... doesn't fit...
    21.jpg
  • Options
    myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wellll...if the male version is so much better, is anyone going to post it?!
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I accually think its kinda cute but i really wish pants andd boots were seprate in fashon wear, as well as top/gloves

id love to be able to mix and match more. but that top with pesant pants could be cute, and that shirt with a green/gold founders courset would also be very cute.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladydwarf wrote: »
    I was considering making a "thank you" post to the art team for actually listening to player feedback and making chainmail shirts cover up the nonsensical cleavage window on plate armor ... then I looked at the screenshot in this thread. All I can say is I hope the male version is every inch as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I have this crazy irrational dream that one day, MMO developers are going to have a collective epiphany that their games are sustained in large part by adult gamers who don't actually need to be fed fanservice like horny thirteen-year-old boys in order to keep them playing. In fact, many of them (male and female alike) find the inequality in armor designs to be embarrassing.

Yes, we all know sex sells and every MMO under the sun will have these sort of outfits, but we really ought to have progressed to the point of abiding by the following:

1) If it's sexed-up for females, so should it be for males.
    2) If it's sensibly protective and badarse on males, so should it be for females.
    3) If your game does not have a preview feature and you give an item a name that evokes something classic in the setting, make it look like that classic item, not the fetish wear version thereof! This goes double if you're honestly expecting people to pay over $100 USD to buy the stupid thing.

You know I actually created a thread a while back thanking the dev team from not falling into that cliche, pandering sinkhole of design. I feel kind of stupid now.

And here I was expecting something Harley Quinn-ish. Major disappointment. Just get the Fire Archon I guess. Not that I'll ever buy keys to get bars.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is, but it's hard to tell when you are doing it what gets colored what, hard to explain, but there is a sheen like metal over a lot of it when you are doing it. I dyed mine Blue accents, black primary and red secondary on all pieces,

Well, i bought the hat, and here you go, that's what the full set on a tiefling female looks like. I think gear is only different on males and females, with no race differences, but i could be wrong. Keep in mind i dyed all the pieces now. If anyone wants to put this on the wiki, feel free, i'm not too up on how to do all that, but with no preview, good to share.

I also want to add, that opening all those boxes for the bars, i never got a mount, and the only rare drop i got was two of the fire bird. :\

Good lord it looks like bondage gear!
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

She looks double horny.

Hahahahahaha.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.