test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $260 on both founders packs. And probably another $400 on zen (lockbox keys, dyes, social gear, several million AD across three characters which is mostly used to bump crafting in the moments between adventuring, rushing companion training if they ding in the middle of a quest, rushing crafting when there's a rare that needs me to make the regular item followed by the +1 and then the rare, plus bank space, plus disenchanting).

Is it worth it? For me absolutely it is. For the 'social' gear, I like to have matching outfits on my characters, not just the moonstone regalia but also the various outfits. Yes,I know there's not many out there yet. My time is limited. Highest character is only level 39 (I'm not in a rush to max out, the journey and the fun of exploration is as rewarding as seeing that 'ding' on levelling. Once past the mid 20's I tend to slow down and smell the flowers (or rotting corpses).

As an older gamer (I'm over 50) I no longer have the 'twitch' skills to be as good as others in combat, nor do I have the time to study and memorize all the mechanics (that comes from playing for a long time). What I do have is disposable income (no mortgage, no car payments, no loan repayments, all my kids are grown up, graduated and gainfully employed). So it's more of a convenience (and a little ego boosting) to be able to do things like give my characters a very distinctive look.

Here's my main, level 39 TR. Application of 2-3 zen store dye packs on armor appearance (base layer plus primary tinting). I quite like the look, it stands out from the regular characters (including my alts) who are running around with a mis-matched set simply because the matching ones haven't dropped yet, or something better did drop.

elawynrogue.jpg
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and when you upgrade your gear you're going to have to buy the dyes all over again.
    No thanks. Prefer GW2's sensible implementation of dyes over NWO's pathetic excuse for a cash grab.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $200 for the game and then $50 for Xen. Which is about my limit based on what I see so far.

In fact, if they don't fix the AH filters so stuff starts selling and I can make some AD I'm gonna bail. I'm already seeing some alarming trends developing in this game like the hyper-active goobers that speed rush thru dungeons because of the blasted frigging damage meters... I can already see what the community in this game is gonna be like in 6 months. Who will stay and who won't.

What's wrong with clearing through fast O_o
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5$ and will drop another 10$ for one bag - then I wont buy anything unless they start making 50% sales.
  • Options
    ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    and when you upgrade your gear you're going to have to buy the dyes all over again.
    No thanks. Prefer GW2's sensible implementation of dyes over NWO's pathetic excuse for a cash grab.

Try playing Perfect World International... then you are allowed to complain about dye packs :3
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guardian pack and some zen so thats about 90 for me
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    Nada.

/10char
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »

It all comes down to personal preferences I guess. I probably spend a third of my time in game doing things other than rushing through dungeons, I'm in no hurry to burn through content. That gear will probably last me at least a week or more before I collect a matching set that's sufficiently better to warrant making the switch. In the meantime, the cost of the dyes is less than the cost of a six pack of Sam Adams. A six pack of beer will last half an evening and take me twenty minutes of exercise the next day to keep my svelte figure in line. As things settle down as we get past the initial rush to level out, I'll probably end up spending at least half my time socializing and roleplaying, so a decent outfit will last for months or more.

It all comes down to the difference in what folks enjoy the most. Some folks like to rush madly through dungeon, some like to do a lot of PvP, some enjoy crafting, some like to play the AD market and AH (searching for under-priced things and reselling them at a markup), some like the crafting aspect, many like building foundry quests. It's still early days. I played UO for years and SWG from the very first closed beta for years. I expect to be here for years as well.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5$ and will drop another 10$ for one bag - then I wont buy anything unless they start making 50% sales.

^^ THIS.

They are getting a lot of 1-time surges of sales for buy once type items but I think they're gonna get a wake up call in 1-2 months when people realize the costs of stuff.

I'm already about 90% mentality gone from this game. Once I hit 60 the issues are starting to rear their ugly head. Mainly the hyper-active, arcade style rush thru dungeons because of the friggin damage meters.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iv'e spent around three fifty, and will probably drop another $20.00 or so a month in Zen, this game is holding my attention so much better than most MMO's. I haven't had this much fun since EQ launched really. The only downside is certain elements in the community.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    60 On founder pack. I haven't spent anything else yet, but I might. I would like to see a sale or a small reduction in price of some things first. If not, I'll buy 15 worth of zen a month, and if that doesn't sustain me, I'll move on. I hope that's enough though, great game.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    $200 Hero pack
    $60 Guardian pack
    $400 Zen

$660 so far
  • Options
    chronin78chronin78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $5 for another character slot so far. I would love to spend $60 or $200 dollars but I just don't have the cash to do so at this time.

Absolutely love this game though and would do it in a hearbeat. I have recently moved and downgraded my lifestyle quite a bit so can't hope to afford it. I think this will be my first MMO that I'm not a founder in :(
  • Options
    spanknspankn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well... I'm not sure if I did something stupid yet or not... but I guess I'll find out (HoTN)

Aside from that about 20 bucks on zen as well...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    $200 Hero pack
    $60 Guardian pack
    $400 Zen

$660 so far

$660 on a game with 5% the content of let's say, Skyrim at $60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

People who earn their own money have the right to spend it on whatever they wish. Personally, I wish I could take back the $60 I spent on Skyrim, I didn't like it at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People who earn their own money have the right to spend it on whatever they wish. Personally, I wish I could take back the $60 I spent on Skyrim, I didn't like it at all.

That explains why you like this then.
  • Options
    cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Nothing. I don't buy into games I can't try first, so there goes the founders pack...

And I don't like their current pricing model. I'll happily spend some money if it changes, because I am enjoying the game very much, but yeah, at moment I am not compelled to do that.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Spent $200 on founders and have no intention to spend anything more at this point. I thought the whole idea was that all the AD you get was supposed to last you a long time. I haven't spent a single AD yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That explains why you like this then.

Meaning? This is an MMOARPG, Skyrim as an ARPG. I prefer the MMO part of games, Skyrim felt lifeless and boring.
  • Options
    nakkychannakkychan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raarup wrote: »
    200$ on the big pack - just because Im in love and I want the game to have my babies!
    Pretty much this!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Spent $200 on founders and have no intention to spend anything more at this point. I thought the whole idea was that all the AD you get was supposed to last you a long time. I haven't spent a single AD yet.

Wait until 60. I'm now out of ID scrolls and having to spend AD on them.. even if I only ID the items I can use I'm overflowing with stuff that needs to be ID'd. Problem with only identifying things I can use is I don't get squat for selling stuff and now at 60 I don't make enough coin to keep up with my healing potion burn rate. Yes I'm a Control Wizard so probably the worst of any class in this regard. In Beta on my rogue and cleric (obviously) I didn't burn thru near as many healing pots... not even in the same order of magnitude.

I'm kinda reached a point where this is a good game but one best re-visited like 1 year from now. Bugs will be fixed. Xen prices will have surely been lowered by then. The AH filters will be working and stuff will actually be selling.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would you spend AD identing Greens you know you wont use? Dont...
    get a few lvl 60 greens with high crit and your set you will quickly replace those even but its good for Epic CT.
    Rogues eat 10x more pots than CW so im not sure where that logic came from, leveling is dependent on alot, but I 2manned with a CW and I used more while leveling, and in instances we are more of a half tank.
    I do admit you get alot of aggro from adds if the group isnt smart, but rogues overall burn more potions even playing it safe. We just get hit more.

I was given the 200$ pack as a birthday gift, was intending to buy the 60 and no higher.
    dropped 55$ on Zen.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I bought Skyrim too and loved it. Does that make me kewl dad ?
  • Options
    c10udc10ud Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    A lot and nothing. I had a sizable refund leftover from the closing of LoMA that I never used because I didn't want to play any of the other PWE games; so I just transferred that 10,000 some odd Zen to NW, bought a companion, bag, and some keys, with enough leftover to exchange for 300k AD. If you take into account the amount spent on LoMA, it's quite a bit; otherwise, I haven't spent a thing. :p
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About 220€ for the Founder's Pack (including EU slave tax), 20€ for two Greater Bags of Holding, 5€ on dyes, and about 20€ on Respec Tokens (ouch...)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent $0, will likely buy slots at some point.

The most useful stuff seems to be mostly reasonable, and the many wildly stupidly priced items all seem nice to have but not required. (Specialty mounts and companions, cosmetics)

So, hey. I'm good with it. They are hunting f2p whales, which pay for the rest of us, after all!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    grantneodudegrantneodude Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $5 for two extra character slots because I'm an alt *****. XD
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $26 on a 12-slot bag and an amulet with +1 AC... oh and there were some other stuff too.

Certainly not worth $26.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    Rogues eat 10x more pots than CW so im not sure where that logic came from, leveling is dependent on alot, but I
    dropped 55$ on Zen.

LOLWUT?

Did this change from Beta 1 & 2? because CW's used an order of magnitude more... and that makes sense, they have no armor. Maybe your playing your rogue wrong.