test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry not saving/loading

leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I was working on my maps, saving frequently, when I ran into a saving lockup. Before the lockup, I was tinkering with a portal graphic in the 3D editor, exited to the foundry, and hit save. It just sat there for a bit, and then saving "timed out". I tried again - same thing. So I shut it down, losing the little bit of tweaking work I did on the portal - no biggie.

Now, when I load Neverwinter back up and load the Foundry, it just sits there. Nothing at all. I can log in fine into my character. So now I am beginning to worry something is corrupted. Great... Hours of work down the drain.

Are modules saved on their server or locally until uploaded? Are the Foundry saved modules saved on a different server and foundry is currently unavailable? Any info would be appreciated since I was nearly done too...
Post edited by leinahtanwc on

Comments

• Options
    mushizomushizo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing the same problem that you are describing leinahtanwc
  • Options
    fawcettpfawcettp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm having the same problem... just finished building the map and now it won't save :(
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same here... sigh... so much work...

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone confirm if progress will still save if you close out the client?

I'm asking because when the servers crashed a couple hours ago, my progress still saved.
  • Options
    yamikoyamiko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Hoping for an answer to OP's question, especially last one :)
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    try to test the map, it saved that way for me, but this was awhile ago.
  • Options
    zalintozalinto Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't even log into foundry at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ghost413ghost413 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, just published my first quest "the hidden crypt" (NW-DJ75NKW8Z) and took it for a test drive. i the middle of the quest i lost the quest from my journal and couldnt progress to the next step and when trying to log into the foundry to see if there where any errors. i just get a blank background (just as the one for character selection but no buttons or anything just the background needed to press alt +F4 to exit game since there is not even a back/ previous button) and when i log in to my character my quest isnt searchable any more.

when i tested it i did experience some heavy delays on clickable items/doors and also alot of rubberbanding..

Quest worked fine earlier when i tested in within the foundry so seems to me that foundry and player made content are unavailable atm... but it would be nice to get a official reply so that i know if i need to "repair" my client or not...
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried to get into it as well. Stuck on a log in background screen. 5/4/13 10:15 am EST.
  • Options
    malagithmalagith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also unable to save. I am afraid to shut the thing down. Sooo much work...
    MiklayseeSig7_zps58e53a79.jpg
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry is dead at the moment. You can't even access the Foundry in game. I was going to play some of the UGC posted here in the forums, but I can't now.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I log in then try to go to the Foundry it gets stuck on a background screen too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alliedturtlezalliedturtlez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here stuck at login screen!! just need to publish my foundry quest :(
  • Options
    adenbrazaadenbraza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No way... my first completed Foundry quest and the game has either screwed up or screwed me over so I can't save it.

I'm still in the Foundry editor, if you duplicate the map you get the option to save again after having failed saving once already. Not sure if that'll help but I'm not closing this down until it's confirmed that Foundry's working.
  • Options
    unrealukunrealuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a crash last night, and there was a recent autosave that loaded fine, so I wouldn't worry.

Confirm I can't currently get into Foundry though. I doubt it'll impact our current projects, though.
    Esmira Sungazer - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Started getting the save error a little while ago. Probably should have stopped working on the content right then. But silly me, I just kept on, hoping the save would start working again. Now I really don't want to shut it down and lose a good 1-2 hours of work. >.<

Edit: Just got disconnected, and can't log back into the Foundry, so I guess I'll have to start over whenever it comes back up again. *sadface*

Edit again!: Managed to log back in and everything was saved. Phew!
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • Options
    mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same problem... timed out, wont save anymore. But we should ask other question in the first place:

Why the hell saving means saving it on the server? There should be local save possible in case server goes down or other problems appear. Author should always be able to save his work. So i would suggest 3 options to choose from:

1. save locally (safe, quick save)
    2. upload to server
    3. publish.
  • Options
    kturiskturis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    5/4/13, 3:00pm EST - same problem. Afraid to do more work to my quest until I can save properly.
    Avicious
    Community Outreach Group
    Grievance | Dragon Server
    A Multi-Game Organization - http://www.grievanceguild.com
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    same thing to me but its understandable its still beta,they will fix all of this,i just hope they add more stuff to foundry cause atm is vary limited.U cant even build proper house the way u want it not to speak about lack of decorations,more village buildings etc....I also hope they make us possible to make open world maps and PVP maps too
  • Options
    mychylmychyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Running into the same thing, as well -- it keeps timing out when I attempt to save.

I really hope that it is still auto-saving when we log out of Foundary, I've spent the last hour or so fine-tuning my maps and creating expansive dialog trees. Losing all that work would be entirely disheartening.
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, still happening here, 4:00pm eastern. It's really the dialogue trees that I don't want to lose. I've got one here with 50 or so NPC lines, each with at least 3 or 4 PC responses, and I don't recall exactly when I last saved it. I've been saving fairly frequently, but I don't really want to have to redo any of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I notice I have a random 300 Dialogue Tasks all of a sudden on my to do list... has anyone gotten that?
  • Options
    xworndownxxworndownx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is perfect example to save every few changes as it only takes a sec. Better to lose 5mins of work then a hour.

Though back on topic, yea this is still happening.

Also playing the map - then closing the project locks up the game as it attempts to go back to the char select screen. Had to force close the game using ctrl+shift+esc. Trying to log back in and the foundry won't load.

Not going to complain about it though. Friggen LOVE the ability to make my own quests/stories in a MMO that other's may/may not enjoy. :)
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, I save every few minutes... or after every important task is completed. However, right now I want to do more :) and i can not :(
  • Options
    mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to have some hotfix for that
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, I save as often as possible. It started to time out recently, and I just kept hitting save until it went through. This last time though, it doesn't seem to want to save at all.

For now, I'm just taking screenshots of the dialogue tree(s) I want to save. You can't see all the details of the lines, of course, but it should be enough for me to recreate it if I need to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I'm a mad saver, and am sad. Wanted to do some refining of old quests and work on my third in my campaign.
  • Options
    kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have same problem, when you save in The Foundry it says Save timed out and now I cannot load foundry, just blank screen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • Options
    thorgarathorgara Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same issue was working on my quest and then BOOM the saving error I might have lost 30 mins of stuff I did ...im not a happy camper to say the least ... PW fix this please so we can all get back to our stuff
  • Options
    sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I imagine PW/Cryptic is probably working on it. The Foundry will probably end up being the meat and potatoes of this game, as you can play through most of the official zone content in just over a week.