test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with logging into Gateway

jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone having an issue logging on the gateway, haven't been able to get on for 8 hours now.

Just keep getting message "Timeout getting character list"
Post edited by jobistone on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Please clear your cookies and cache and try again. The severs were just brought back up after a crash. Please file a Support Ticket if you still have issues.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a cache/cookie issue as I've tried 3 different browsers (IE, Nightly (firefox), Chrome), 2 had not been used before (IE, Chrome) all give the same error:

You have Encountered an Error
    Timeout getting character list
    Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.

Click here to go to Character Select
  • jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No doesn't work tried on phone and tab.
  • boitinoboitino Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    same problem here. have cleared all caches and even tried rebooting phone. nothing works. have been trying since 2:30pm pdt on 5/3/13.
  • jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any update on this mods, gateway was one of the main attractions to this game.

Been using fine until early this morning
  • deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, been having issues since yesterday evening :(

UPD: Ticket to Support already sent, awaiting response
  • silkybazaarsilkybazaar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able to get into the gateway when the servers are up, but this supposedly one time verification coming up every time is giving me the ****s.
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be alot of issues with gateway

Any news?
    edited May 2013
    jobistone wrote: »
    Seems to be alot of issues with gateway

Any news?

Nothing so far :(
  • biggotrightwingbiggotrightwing Banned Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Help I cant log in and play neverwinter... the game keeps crashing on the Cryptic screen!!!!!!!!!!!
  • biggotrightwingbiggotrightwing Banned Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i start the game... it freazes on the cryptic logo and then an error pops up ....
    "fatal error: unable to initalize on demand patching and connects to patch server (btw the game worked fine last night).

Also i have no option to create a post on the forums and its been over a week...

yes i'm uspet
    edited May 2013
    So i start the game... it freazes on the cryptic logo and then an error pops up ....
    "fatal error: unable to initalize on demand patching and connects to patch server (btw the game worked fine last night).

Also i have no option to create a post on the forums and its been over a week...

yes i'm uspet

This thread is about Gateway not logging into game client ;)
    edited May 2013
    This works for me:
    pmd1973 wrote: »
    It looks like they broke it with some kind of security update. I had to log into the game, authorize my computer, check my e-mail, type the confirmation code and log back into the gateway.

Hope it helps some of the others here too.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, you can merge them mods ;)
  • skinstonskinston Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can get on but untill todayevery time I pick an asset to send it auto double taps and selects clear selection the split second I try to Make a selection. But today I was scrolling down the screen and it auto finished a 10hr companion quest for 40, 000 astrel diamonds. I'm creating a ticket as soon as I get off work. That price is too high and the android site malfunctioned! On the pc everything works fine for me though