test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession - Cannot create Iron Hammers?

spoohtheonespoohtheone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Oy there. I've looked around a lot and apparantly I do not have the option to create an Iron hammer (green one). I've checked in both the Platesmithing and Mailsmithing sections and neither of them gives me the options to create the green hammer (although I can create blue and epic hammers..)

Is there a workaround to create the green hammers, or am I simply bugged? And does anyone else experience this?
Post edited by spoohtheone on

Comments

• Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe they only drop from resource/provision boxes.
  • Options
    voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The basic white tool assets are located on the professions vender on the second tab.

The green or better assets, so far, only come from the cash shop packs and later via the AH. At some point in each professions level you will be able to combine 4 green for 1 blue, then later 4 blue for 1 purple. (Mailsmith start with hammer upgrades at level 9)

Currently there is no way to upgrade a white to a green.
  • Options
    zynt3xzynt3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you get them from the blue "Blessed Professions Resource Pack" you can get for the "Celestial Coins".
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zynt3x wrote: »
    Can you get them from the blue "Blessed Professions Resource Pack" you can get for the "Celestial Coins".

No, that contains resources only.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't the level 60 skirmish give a bag at the end?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion, there should be a way to craft / train green profession assets. Now the only way to acquire them is through the Profession packs or AH.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup...there are a lot of posts/debates about this current issue.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Infantry weapons, bellows, anvils, etc are just a Zen Store hook. Near as I can see anyway.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in otherwords professions are worthless unless you are willing to throw money at it... *facepalm*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can do them...just not get the shortest time durations or really high chances for a better result from multi-result tasks.
  • Options
    quinnfalconquinnfalcon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The base results from the final tier crafting are worthless though, the only time they might ever be competitive is with the higher quality results (maybe even those are awful, I've not actually seen any of them yet)
  • Options
    dampfplaudererdampfplauderer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far most crafting professions seem rather useless, by the time you reach lvl 20 in one you are lvl 60 and decked out in full T2....
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The base results from the final tier crafting are worthless though, the only time they might ever be competitive is with the higher quality results (maybe even those are awful, I've not actually seen any of them yet)
    Tier 1 Shirt and Pants results from the rare level 20 tasks are definitely not awful. They're not the best you can get (afaik the Tier 3 ones are), but they're definitely better than the highest tier non-rare shirts you can make.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Infantry weapons, bellows, anvils, etc are just a Zen Store hook. Near as I can see anyway.

The greens yea, but you should be able to craft everything without getting any of those - it'll just take longer (you'll have to upgrade your white assets accordingly).
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    in otherwords professions are worthless unless you are willing to throw money at it... *facepalm*
    QFE.
    Crafting is quite pointless, you'll far out level any gear you can make. Leadership seems like the only beneficial one with getting AD rewards for some missions.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Only thing you want to craft is a shirt/pants, because they don't drop anywhere.
    Not like you can craft potions or you know... BAGS.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are actually level 60 epic armor pieces you can craft (they show up as rare options) but I don't know how they stack up against the stuff you loot - nor am I aware offhand how much the dragon eggs they require to make go for on the AH compared to other epics.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »
    In my opinion, there should be a way to craft / train green profession assets. Now the only way to acquire them is through the Profession packs or AH.

I'm sorry but why should you be able to do that when you can provide PWE with money in the cash shop?
  • Options
    woook54woook54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree there really should be a way to get the green hammers without having to spend real money
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    woook54 wrote: »
    I agree there really should be a way to get the green hammers without having to spend real money

You can get them via the Zen/AD Exchange without spending real money. We just want to have the option to craft them or an official statement or a picture provided if they can indeed come from higher level skill nodes.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is ridiculous, and render any professions in mailsmiting or platesmiting completely useless...

Cryptic, another thing to FIX !!!

thanks
  • Options
    drquinchdrquinch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At the moment to aquire 5 purples in the AH store you're looking at 4-5 million AD, Next a Dragon Eggs usually costs you around 100K-120K AD. Next with the max bonus for five purples you have a 40% chance to craft a Tier 3 (Gemmed) item at level 20 over a 2 day crafting wait (Nobody wants the T2 rare purples). And all thats in demand are Shirts and Pants (which players start saying are a rip off if you try to sell for over 200K AD). Now ARE you sure you want to get into crafting (its a huge AD sink with little chance to get your AD back)???????
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    This thread is over two months old and a bit out of date so I am closing this thread.

Feel free to continue the discussion in a new thread with more up to date information.
    zebular wrote: »
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.