test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• holograhamholograham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 for Founder and $50 in Zen, bought the bag then changed the rest into AD @ 500:1, kinda like the stock market imo I'll trade it if exchange is right or I do need something off CS
    BRSNT.png
  • zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    20$ for 2 bags.probably wont spend more.
  • fuddanfuddan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    80.00 got what i want
  • torgrimmxtorgrimmx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velleriand wrote: »
    It never fails to surprise me, the amount of people who flame and troll other people who spend money on F2P games.
    Or proudly exclaim "I never spent a dime and I never will!".

Yes, gods forbid you support a game you enjoy playing.

Take a minute to kiss the collective asses of people who Pre-Ordered and continue to purchase Zen.
    We're the ones who will keep the game going for all you freeloaders.

Its not that easy. Ive bought supscription in any mmo ive played, sometimes several accounts, ive also not broke and could easily use 100$ each month if i wanted. The reason im hesitant to buying Things is that im afraid ill be held Ransom later.

Ill explain. If i do buy all the bags, New char slots, founders etc etc and i hit lvl 60 on multiple chars and invest alot of time in this game, whats to say they wont keep adding things i "must have" to stay competative?
    Torgrimm Jarl - Olav Jarl
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    55.99 euros then 4.99 more for zen to get 2 more char slots.

Eventually will get bags for the chars, but ill wait for a zen promo or a bag discount (or if i am patient, both). After the bags ill probably just bet prof. boosters from time to time, unless something amazing pops up (like a non combat pet that loot the freaking gold pieces)
  • velleriandvelleriand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    torgrimmx wrote: »
    Its not that easy. Ive bought supscription in any mmo ive played, sometimes several accounts, ive also not broke and could easily use 100$ each month if i wanted. The reason im hesitant to buing Things is that im afraid ill be held Ransom later.

Ill explain. If i do buy all the bags, New char slots, founders etc etc and i hit lvl 60 on multiple chars and inviet alot of time in this game, whats to say they wont keep adding things i "must have" to stay competative?

I'm really directing my comments at the "I will never spend a dime" population.
    There's nothing wrong with waiting it out before investing.

I spent loads of money on game subscriptions and the actual games and expansions.
    For me buying the $60 Founders pack was no different than buying a xbox or PC game I really wanted to play.
    Throwing a few bucks at it to make my time a little easier (i.e. bag space, respecs) doesn't phase me too much.
    I've wasted a lot more money of significantly more arbitrary things. Like FB games. (How the hell do they get me to spend money on that ****, I will never know. Clever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)

I've seen people throw hundreds of dollars away every week playing Instant Lotto Tickets.
    We all have our vices, it would seem.
    Keredain - Trickster Rogue
    Kain - Guardian Fighter
  • zharrezharre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought $10 worth of Zen, because I've been enjoying myself the past few days. Normally I'd be subscribing to a game if I enjoyed it like this, so I figured I'd buy some Zen as my 'thanks, I'm having fun' and maybe I'll buy something with it if the urge strikes.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 (Founders), 30 (keys, a bag and other stuff in Zen store).
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    velleriand wrote: »
    I'm really directing my comments at the "I will never spend a dime" population.
    There's nothing wrong with waiting it out before investing.

I spent loads of money on game subscriptions and the actual games and expansions.
    For me buying the $60 Founders pack was no different than buying a xbox or PC game I really wanted to play.
    Throwing a few bucks at it to make my time a little easier (i.e. bag space, respecs) doesn't phase me too much.
    I've wasted a lot more money of significantly more arbitrary things. Like FB games. (How the hell do they get me to spend money on that ****, I will never know. Clever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)

I've seen people throw hundreds of dollars away every week playing Instant Lotto Tickets.
    We all have our vices, it would seem.

I agree, i do find this game enjoyable so far, im just not that found of the "free to play" model.

Sure if you add up Box price, and a couple months sub you can almost use 50$ of the bat on random stuff. Im just a little hesitant to use the Money if it turns out i have to spend Money on all kinds of Things that are normal With a sub.

Im going to sit on the fence a while and just use on whats absolutly needed, then decide later if i should stay or not.
    Ill see how greedy they get i Guess ^^
  • silvertiger2772silvertiger2772 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None. The pricing structure, items required, and shameless gouging disgust me. I'd rather pay 60 bucks plus 15 a month for a full, complete game - and have many, many times since EQ1 - than be nickel and dimed for every little thing in a thinly veiled attempt to get suckers to pay more through multiple smaller transactions.

So, it'll take me a little longer to get to the end and I won' have a fiery horse that's rarity will become commonplace within a month. Fine with me.
  • boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only spend $30,- for the Galeb Duhr companion, but I don't use him anymore, cause I've opened one nightmare lockbox and had a phoera out of it... (Bought the Zen with AD).
    Barbarian.jpg
  • gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    nothing and never will.
    Paying for bags and respecs...they should be ashamed of themselves.

Kind of takes the sting out of all your arguments. You have a free game, the only cost to you was your bandwidth
  • zpuckizpucki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ~19€ just to support this game a bit.
    edited May 2013
    None. The pricing structure, items required, and shameless gouging disgust me. I'd rather pay 60 bucks plus 15 a month for a full, complete game - and have many, many times since EQ1 - than be nickel and dimed for every little thing in a thinly veiled attempt to get suckers to pay more through multiple smaller transactions.

So, it'll take me a little longer to get to the end and I won' have a fiery horse that's rarity will become commonplace within a month. Fine with me.

Thats about what im feeling.
  • vanrespakvanrespak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent nothing. However, I also have no clue of what lies in the Zen shop :P
  • zrye1977zrye1977 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent 30 bucks on zen for a 3000 zen mount. Decided to drop some money on the game since i was having a great time and still am (level 34) and the mount is tremendously helpful. and looks cool.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive spent around $60 bucks so far.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Two thousand so far, and dont regret a cent. :cool:

And i see myself spending real money in the future.
  • fredalbobfredalbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely nothing and I've opened 20+ nightmare boxes.
    Basic money making skills are helpful in MMO's.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol @ $2000 sorry that's just mind blowing.
    Have fun with virtual property you'll never get to hold and enjoy for a few months in game...
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    80 total so far with more to come Im sure.
  • slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    Two thousand so far, and dont regret a cent. :cool:

And i see myself spending real money in the future.

Wait... TWO THOUSAND? Did you buy some friends HotN?

I've spent about $300, both Founders Packs and some ZEN. I think the pricing needs a lot of tweaking but I like the F2P model because friends can try it out without convincing them to buy something.

Foundry has a lot of potential but needs a lot of work.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $200 For the HotN Founder Pack
    $60 For GoN
    $200 For Zen (Not sure the amount awaiting Paypal transfer from my bank before I do the purchase)

$460 Total

I really enjoy the game. It is like a perfect mix of what I was looking for and I will be here for years, as long as the server stays up and God willing my life stays in a place where I can play. This is all I will spend for quite some time. Initially I had thought about just spending the $260 and waiting at least 13-18 months before spending more, but there are a few things I want in game like bank space. I doubt that I will buy any lock box keys. There is just nothing on them I want. I will probably get some companions but I am not sure if I want to spend the cash on them, they seem too pricey to me. I may buy some AD off of other players but so far I don't really have a need. It is likely that the money will just sit there until companions go account wide from the Zen store. You know.... hell with it, I am just going to not spend the $200. If they ever decide to make the companions like the mounts and they are claimable by every character on the account then I will add some Zen and spend more money. For that matter once they bring in a shared bank, where I can transfer gold and AD from character to character, maybe then I will buy some Zen. Until then the prices are just too high for my tastes on everything but the character slots.

Revised total after talking myself out of buying Zen on this post.... $260
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $0 and still having fun

Impossible!
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've dropped $20 on points, spent 500 of them on character slots. Honestly, character slots are likely to be a fair chunk of what Cryptic sells me in this game.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a bean so far but I will spend when I get some spare cash :D
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    lol @ $2000 sorry that's just mind blowing.
    Have fun with virtual property you'll never get to hold and enjoy for a few months in game...

Would you like to see the vacation pictures of my weekend in Vegas? After the court fees it cost 3x what he spent.

...I ain't spending anything on this game at these prices either, but for god's sake go be a moron somewhere else if your arguments are that stupid.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If this disgusts you, I can imagine that you walk around in real life with a horrible disgusted look on your face because real life, is way worse than this video game. You must be the most disgusted person on the planet.

I love how people use these severe, dramatic overtones to describe how they feel about the cash shop on Neverwinter online... ****in hipsters.
  • foxieearsfoxieears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $60 on the guardian pack and $200 on the hero and $50 on zen
    so $310. damm I better stop now.. xD
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    0 of course. First i need to know how the game is.