What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

launcher not workin

Comments

• Options
    albelleenoxalbelleenox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good point, it also might tie into the guild benefits. would be interesting if it does.
  • Options
    nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the religion seems to give direction to the buffs you can get from invocations
  • Options
    hasubrazorhasubrazor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's ALIVE

upd: or not >_<

well, at least patchserver.crypticstudios.com came up and at least now i am able to ping it ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ive noticed this game has 3 different game styles, FW/GW2/D&D. havnt noticed any other skill bars so thats just my assumptions
  • Options
    rhenricsonrhenricson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at lvl 11 you can pray to your deity and recive bufs and some stuff
  • Options
    omega2730omega2730 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well my launcher works now but the server is still down
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh gods... same crud as last night... Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champions Online all are unavailable. What the heck is Cryptic DOING!!!??? I was thinking of purchasing a pack tonight... now they can forget it. Seriously they are taking quite a gamble putting all their eggs in the same basket.
  • Options
    nichole83nichole83 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure it will all get worked out soon enough.
  • Options
    brokenashbrokenash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here still not on
    must be bedtime
  • Options
    leppinatorleppinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    racerexia wrote: »
    Oh gods... same crud as last night... Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champions Online all are unavailable. What the heck is Cryptic DOING!!!??? I was thinking of purchasing a pack tonight... now they can forget it. Seriously they are taking quite a gamble putting all their eggs in the same basket.

please keep in mind its still beta^^
  • Options
    nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leppinator wrote: »

^ this x10
  • Options
    leppinatorleppinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

• Options
    edited May 2013
    No problem with the downtime ... well a little frustrating ... BUT racerexia does have a point ... why link all their main titles through one point. no idea what the techy stuff might be but clearly there is something connecting all their games together that failed. not the most logical choice.
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leppinator, its not about it being a beta, its the fact that its not their only game, and that all of them are running off the same hardware and all of them are unavailable. This got nothing to do with it being a beta, seriously, and if it is, why does it have to affect non beta games. I play Star Trek Online as well as Champions, and I would be playing one of those if they were available. But the moment one went offline they all did.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    leppinator, its not about it being a beta, its the fact that its not their only game, and that all of them are running off the same hardware and all of them are unavailable. This got nothing to do with it being a beta, seriously, and if it is, why does it have to affect non beta games. I play Star Trek Online as well as Champions, and I would be playing one of those if they were available. But the moment one went offline they all did.

oh, didnt know that. then you're right, allthough i don't know if it happens often or if it still might have to do witw nw-beta..
  • Options
    othingarothingar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm frankly a little surprised no one at this company has heard of redundancy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    another twitter-update:

Update: we are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    my question is, why the hell would you crosswire 3 games to work at the same time? its a bit reckless XD. one game gets a hack virus, so to does the rest. kinda stupid if you ask me. there sould be hubs for each game that are then connected to a net servise that provides the Admins and Devs the info they need, Like Relay hubs. each game has its own networking area, while still sending info to the main cervise lines, so if one game takes a sht, the other 2 games still remain active.
  • Options
    evilbumbumevilbumbum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx for keeping an eye on twitter leppinator :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    XD yeah you provented a riot meltdown XD nice work. now if only these goons that keep the game running were as intelligent XD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure we can assume that all the games are vulnerable to viruses/hacking ... personally I have no idea about exactly what hardware link they have.

There clearly is some connection ... but the extent of their vulnerability ... no idea.
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible that I cant start a new thread? only reply on existing threads? I dont see anywhere on forums button to start new thread.. But I have a bug to report... about foundry tool.. I discovered that bug before servers went down... how can I report bug when I cant post new thread? and I didnt see existing one on that topic...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    XD all obt games risk hacks, bugs and viruses, take for example - Tera online was staggered with a hack that caused the Elin(child race) to where they used outfits to become nude, in the end the makers were pissed and banned the ppl for it, they even had to reformat the outfits. the game was out for more then 3 months and ppl already figured out how to cut into the games info. Tera had a complexed anti-hack system tagged to the game. anyways my point is nothing is secure, and a game thats connected to 2 other games is bad XD, well for both players and business
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As much as some "gamers" play you would think some people would realize that this is a beta. Not only that but these guys who make these games are incredibly good at it. Just because there are some hiccups doesn't make it a terrible thing. Once this stuff is worked out it will get better.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not saying its all bad XD just saying it can be prevented by simply creating hubs. makes things easyer if you ask me. XD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I actually think this game is looking fantastic (for beta) They need SH IT loads more weapons ... visually different armour, classes etc.

But hopefully that will come pretty soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not saying its all bad XD just saying it can be prevented by simply creating hubs. makes things easyer if you ask me. XD

Sorry I've been watching these comments for awhile, it wasn't you I was talking about.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well it only being open beta for what? 4 or 5 days the game is great, I enjoyed the mage I made. figureing out strategies you cripple a mass number of mobs is fun, the graphics on the character creation are a little dull but its to be expected from a brand new game. other then that, the story line from the start is great. and some of the side quests are fun and slightly linked to the story itself. all in all its not bad, i like it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They seem to have taken a lot of good stuff from STO and worked it in very well to a D&D setting.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into this game properly .... now lets just have a bit of server stability! ;)
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am very experienced in MMO games but anyway I have to say that Neverwinter is a tad complicated from start... A lots of things that are actually not complicated when you figure them out... but before it is like crazy.. From start I was really missing some things... It is because here is a lot of new things... But once you figure out how it works then its great... It has a lot of potential... So many good things... But I can imagine for many people it may be confusing from start... Because Neverwinter is just throwing one thing after another at start... But its great so far...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
This discussion has been closed.