test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Content - discussion.

kolazantakolazanta Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey,

I will start with: Its not another whine thread. I just want to know opinion of higher level players.

Do you think content in NVO is enough to keep players? Leveling is pretty fast, pvp is quite bad (in my opinion), so probably not many people will do it. There is no raids, there is no group content except for dungeons and skirmishes. Crafting system is not very time consuming. So... NVO can offer only gear grinding in dungeons? Am I missing something?

(I'm missing player made dungeons, but... its still not that much. Its really great feature, but this won't keep players imo).

Och. Ofc. "It's beta" argument. But... you know... It's open beta. f2p game. That means there is a lot "kids" here and casuals. Which don't really care about beta. First opinion is based on what we have NOW, not on release. And Devs should already know that its very easy to loss people, a lot harder to get them back. So... please, don't say "beta".
Post edited by kolazanta on

Comments

• syle123syle123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes it will keep players
    expect next dota type of game that will get big
  • kolazantakolazanta Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But what will keep em? Gear grinding?
  • slashcryslashcry Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they don't add Raids in time or increase the difficulty of Dungeons, no there won't be enough content to keep people. Some people will argue that the Foundry gives you endless content, but that isn't proper content.
    edited May 2013
    If players could do raids, that would be really great. But ofc it won't happen for many reasons. And I agree - player made dungeons are great. For one time. And after 50+ dungeons probably they won't so different from each other.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PvP is good IMO, probably you don't enjoy it because you are still head-pointed to WoW pvp, but you gotta consider that next-gen MMOs are applying this type of pvp (take a look at GW2). Still devs might implement new arena ways to pvp, that would be nice.
    As far as raids, when you get to lvl 60 you can go for epic dungeons and those ones are hella hard, you'll need to buy many and many potions and kits. Yeah you won't make 30 ppl raids like in WoW, but that doesn't mean they are not raids, same for skirmishes. Plus, consider the Foundry possibilities, which is a great innovation. I don't know you, but i think NWO has got a lot of potential to keep and to get more players, it's just you gotta stop thinking at WoW
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing GW2 from release. Active spvp player, member of WvW guild. NVO pvp is MUCH worse than NVO.

Note: I'm still lov lv, so it may be different at high lv.

1. GW2 Have much faster combat. Action-reaction. Also it reqs you to combo your skill, position yourself etc. One bad move and ur dead, in this ocean of burst. Here? Its really slow. I can land my super-duper great combo with crits, cc and... he still got 60% hp left. Then its just auto attack spam. That means pvp depends not on "skill" but on gear and numbers. 1v2? No chance. In GW2 if u are good u can take 1v3, 1v4 (ofc not 1v 4 pros :P).

2. Classes feels unbalanced.

3. Not many builds. Like 2-3 per class. Its nothing compared to GW2. But probably this will change. I hope. Anyway - repsec cost. Expensive. There is no possibility to test pvp builds. In GW2 u can respec almost for free.

So... in terms of combat and mechanincs imo PVO pvp is lacking. Its just boring and lacks of possibilities - for me.

I agree that this game have potential, and really hope it will turn in great game. Altho I'm bit afraid that dungeons and player made stuff is not enough. And yea - foundry can be good.altho some improvments could be nice - maybe possiblity to chain your quests, to make storyline?

(I never liked WoW tbh :P Fan of Anarchy Online, Ultima Online, GW2 - so games with bit different pvp systems :P)
  • okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm - I thought we'll get some raids at end game. Most of MMO's failing at this step - they're trying to get community, giving great quests (like on nvo), leveling is quite nice but then.......
    on wow dev's still adding somethign to "progress" and to keep ppl together (dungs with 5ppl are not even comparable to any raid) - here - still leveling so just hope fight-management will change when I get 60, for now I'm a bit disapoitent by dung-fight system.
    anyway - was playing wow, eve-online, gw2, war - each one had some good and bad points
    (eve - switching dev's to DUST, wow - time I had to spent on farming, gw2 - chaos and "you can heal, tank, dps" but you cannot be master on any of it, war - no devs and game just die cos of it...
    hope this game will get some good endgame and devs decide to develop it instantly - but guess they'll just switch and create new game instead :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . The fallacy of such arguments and discussions is that this game is too new. Look at any new MMO and tell me what ones were ever "finished" when released. The answer is none. MMOs are always, by nature, a work in progress. To base the longevity of a game upon the initial amount of content is something that has always perplexed me. Yet many of those games "doomed to fail" are still kicking, a decade later.

. . . . . Having experienced quite a bit from minimum level to max level in prior testing, I can safely say: There is plenty of content to keep me going for a long time on multiple characters. Even by then, I am sure there will have been more content released.
  • okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . The fallacy of such arguments and discussions is that this game is too new. Look at any new MMO and tell me what ones were ever "finished" when released. The answer is none. MMOs are always, by nature, a work in progress. To base the longevity of a game upon the initial amount of content is something that has always perplexed me. Yet many of those games "doomed to fail" are still kicking, a decade later.

. . . . . Having experienced quite a bit from minimum level to max level in prior testing, I can safely say: There is plenty of content to keep me going for a long time on multiple characters. Even by then, I am sure there will have been more content released.

Ye - you're right - but please note that ppl here complaining not because they're just hate this game but because they're worried about some weak points and hope they'll be fixed/improved/changed.
    still kicking - ye, I know - I even installed few of them and found just few ppl there, problems with finding enough ppl for raids, problems with bugs...
    And still hear my friends who want to switch to some game together but "there's nothing interesting to play" - and they're playing LoL, WoW, WoT, EvE - still on same TS without fun which can be found with playing in big community...
    (5ppl dung won't gather them back - it's the same situation I had on WoW when we had 2 raids group and didn't even know ppl from second group... guild splitted up cos of that).

Anyway - it's the first game when I rly enjoy doing quests... I'm rly surprised because on any other MMO it was just way to lvl'up.
    but ok - I'll wait, and hope you'll get something rly nice to us soon :D