test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 handed battle axe for a TR?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just found a 1 handed battleaxe that says it's for a TR. It lets me equip it as well. "Of course it does silly it says its for you". It looks more like a handaxe rather than a 1 handed battleaxe. But it's still cool!!
It's too bad it's for a 12th level TR. It only does 34-46 dmg and the only magical bonus it has is +92 power. It's an ok weapon for now though. I just hit level 14 so I'll probably find something better soon. Wish it was better. :(
Oh well. It's something dif for a little while anyway. :cool:

Just thought I'd share it with you all knowing that there is a dif weapon type for a TR.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found one too. It's a level 14th green quality, but I can't remember the stats for it. I'm curious, myself, to see how it looks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately my PrtScr captures a black screen so I can't post :(
    Mine is also green.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That weapon will remain viable for about..... 25 minutes, if you know what you are doing. Maybe even less if you know how to grind content.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like the look probably, I haven't seen any upper level ones yet.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately my PrtScr captures a black screen so I can't post :(
    Mine is also green.

PrtScn creates an actually screenshot image file. You an find it in <game_install_folder>\Neverwinter\Live\Screenshots\.

Alt+PrtScn will copy the screen to the clipboard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well the <game_install_folder>\Neverwinter\Live\Screenshots\ didn't have it but it had a few others that I don't recall ever atempting to make. Odd :p
    ALT+PrtScr? Your a funny guy. Lol. I fell for it so kudos to you my friend :cool:

Oh well. My life will go on I suppose.
  • Options
    casimyrtvcasimyrtv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Keep it in a bag or the bank if you dig the axe look. Apply it as a skin to a lv 60 weapon you will keep.

Heck I enjoyed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the 2-handed battle axe I got on my Great Weapon Fighter in BW4. I'll likely take the time to get it again and apply it as a skin to the future 60 weapon(s).

EDIT: Personally I bought the 14k Shortsword for Trickster Rogue to see what it looked like. I liked the look, so I will keep it on hand to use as a visual change for my "end game" gear.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These axes and other orc pieces of gear drop from the last quest in the Tower District arc.

You can then transfer the appearance to your next weapon by right clicking and using the "Change Appearance" option. It will cost you astral diamonds.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    ALT+PrtScr? Your a funny guy. Lol. I fell for it so kudos to you my friend :cool:
    I don't get the joke. He's absolutely right, Alt + PrintScreen will copy the current window's image buffer to your Windows clipboard, just like it does in every other Windows program. Then you can open MS Paint (or whatever image editor you like) and paste the image. Save it as your favorite image format and you'll have a perfect screenshot of exactly what you were looking at in-game.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I suppose you could have a non-standard keyboard that doesn't allow you to press Alt and PrintScreen at the same time. Is that true? If so, you can also try the in-game command "/screenshot_ui_jpg" typed on the chat console.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    These axes and other orc pieces of gear drop from the last quest in the Tower District arc.

You can then transfer the appearance to your next weapon by right clicking and using the "Change Appearance" option. It will cost you astral diamonds.

that's great info to know, I was unaware of that.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    So is the forum buggy, or are a lot of devs posting on alt accounts not realizing it still flags them as PW staff?

Anyway ya, I have most of the orc themed gear spread across 5 characters that went through the Tower district, ready to apply the appearance to better gear later on. Keep in mind the item is destroyed when you copy it's appearance, and it also costs a few cents worth of AD (800-2000 I've seen so far).
  • Options
    casimyrtvcasimyrtv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013

Point of interest, the 2-Hand axe I picked up on my GWF was at level 50 in the Ice dungeon. It dropped from the final big scary Ice Giant.
    I'm glad there are other axes earlier on in the game though.
  • Options
    mskwadratemskwadrate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started playing it, hoping that i could make a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dwarf warrior with a 2h axe, so i create a Great Weapons Fighter.
    I am level 25 atm, and i have only seen one ... ONE 2h axe, at the diamond weapon merchant for 14,400.
    So i thought, "no problemo, do some dailies, sell some stuff and bum-bam 15k is available for spending".
    Then i run to the merchant like a happy little girl giggling with happy happiness just to see that IT'S NO LONGER THERE !!
    Now he only sells 2h swords...

I mean WTH ? Dwarf with a 2h sword looks just ... bad.The bloody sword is bigger than him !
    GWF need 2h axes. cubs to keep things fresh and for char customization values. Maybe there is some info like "well add axes in some later patch" or "we hate axes, swords FTW !" but if so, then i clearly missed it.

Love the game so far, just something i needed, fast paced mmo with dynamic fighting and motherload of lore that i love since my first tabletop dnd session.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Aww.. I wanna Axe!
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I had one drop for me, it was garbage and I instantly vendored it, I don't get the point of this thread?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Yeah I had one drop for me, it was garbage and I instantly vendored it, I don't get the point of this thread?

The OP was sharing that there are more than the "stock weapons" for the classes. IE an axe for Rogues.
    Most people, should, already know this, however, the OP did not and wanted to share.

There are maces, axes, and 2-handed variants of the maces and axes for the Rogue/GWF/and Guardian Fighter classes if you look for them. Keeping them is a personal choice, as you can use them as skins to keep the axe weapon style on your level 60 sword.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is THAT what the "change appearance" does!! Sweet I'll def hang onto this axe then. Glad I didn't just sell it like I was going to. Thanks!!! :cool:
    As far as I know I can press the Alt + PrtScr at the same time. Never knew there was any that didn't.
    Whenever I press the Alt key it goes into a dif mode to where I can click on the icons up top.
    If I try to Alt again THEN Alt-PrtScr it also comes out black.
    When I try the "/screenshot_ui_jpg" it tells me "You are no longer marked as idle"
    Sounds like there is something wrong between my PC and the game.
    Oh well. It's working great other than 2 blue screen of deaths.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Is THAT what the "change appearance" does!! Sweet I'll def hang onto this axe then. Glad I didn't just sell it like I was going to. Thanks!!! :cool:
    As far as I know I can press the Alt + PrtScr at the same time. Never knew there was any that didn't.
    Whenever I press the Alt key it goes into a dif mode to where I can click on the icons up top.
    If I try to Alt again THEN Alt-PrtScr it also comes out black.
    When I try the "/screenshot_ui_jpg" it tells me "You are no longer marked as idle"
    Sounds like there is something wrong between my PC and the game.
    Oh well. It's working great other than 2 blue screen of deaths.

You are right in regards to the Alt+PrtScn for Neverwinter. I completely forgot that ALT in Neverwinter remapped. But Alt+PrtScn in Cryptic's game engine in general goes copy the screen to the clipboard. I don't know how to work around that in Neverwinter. I personally never use ALT + PrtScn.

In regards to /screen_ui_jpg, it will take a screenship with the game user interface. The command for screenshot without the UI is /screenshot_jpg. Both commands (and PrtScn) will put the screenshot files ...\Neverwinter\Live\Screenshots\ inside of the game installation folder. Another shot is that your PrtScn button is unbound or bound as something else. You can check that in your keybind under the Game Options menu.

In my case, I installed the game as C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\. Which makes my screenshot folder c:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Screenshots\.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is THAT what the "change appearance" does!! Sweet I'll def hang onto this axe then. Glad I didn't just sell it like I was going to. Thanks!!!.

Keep in mind it costs Astral Diamonds, and can be expensive. That's why I suggest saving it till 60 and you have some solid gear that won't be changing, much.
    You'll have to tell me where you got that axe and from what monster. I didn't know the Rogue had an axe skin flying around.
    I'm definitely going to use the short sword I picked up from the AD Store as a skin, it would be awesome to have an axe as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've noted that you said it cost a lot of AD but can I change the appearance to the axe visual and then use the same axe "skin" on another weapon later?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    does anyone know?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    does anyone know?

it's been eating the item that you are copying about half the time it seems so no reusing it if you do but you could in theory always copy the new altered weapon when you're ready to replace it, in the tr axe case the axe is very cheap so you can always buy one on the auction too if you need another. It is expensive, it costs 60k for me to make a dagger look like the axe but I like it. you can dye the weapons too. I use the axe look on my offhand dagger with nightmare dye on it and it looks pretty sweet.
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    My dwarf rogue can use an axe?
    My Dwarf rogue can use an Axe?
    MY DWARF ROGUE CAN USE AN AXE???????

WOOHOO!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nyysjan wrote: »
    My dwarf rogue can use an axe?
    My Dwarf rogue can use an Axe?
    MY DWARFO ROGUE CAN USE AN AXE???????

WOOHOO!!!!!

handaxe from the tower district but yes he can :)
  • Options
    niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This roguish Hand axe drops in Tower district -> merchant guild boss i think (you can try exchanging seals for it, but they are like 5 AD buyouts on AH).
    Orc assalut Skirmish drops GF axe (really funny one to be honest, because it also look like hand axe)
    Clock tower optional boss often drops great club.

In AD shop there are, mace for cleric, short sword for rogue, great axe for gwf, axe for gf -> each like 15k
    At AH i also seen some epic weapons warhammers, and axes.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    that's great info to know, I was unaware of that.

It's also useful to know that you can right-click gear in your inventory, click 'Change Appearance', which gives you an empty window. Left-click and hold the mouse button down and then 'drag' the empty window down and the item will come into view. You can look at it, turn it, examine it, whatever, before you equip it in this way.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can use it to reskin a higher level weapon, and repeat up to the point you have a bound weapon.

once a weapon (or armor) is bound, it can't be used to reskin the next item.

Yes, it's expensive, almost 40k to reskin my dagger of shadows with this axe.

The appearance tho, well, that's something else.....

Here's my rogue with TWO of them...

axerotate.jpg
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Those. Look. Awesome.
    At level 60, definitely worth 40k AD.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That weapon will remain viable for about..... 25 minutes, if you know what you are doing. Maybe even less if you know how to grind content.

Transmute.....
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elawyn wrote: »

once a weapon (or armor) is bound, it can't be used to reskin the next item.

Wrong.......
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]