test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Cryptic loading screen

tumaelsotumaelso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I'm not able to play the game because every time I click play on the launcher I get the cryptic loading screen and the progress bar is stuck.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/xTasUhW.png
Post edited by tumaelso on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Really? NO ONE else has this problem?
  • Options
    norlamonnorlamon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proabbly I have corrupted data. I was getting stuck there but I also had a little error message saying unable to decompress data or something like that. I ended up re downloading the game. Hold fast my friend this is beta...this kimnd of **** are supposed to happen.
  • Options
    merendinmerendin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm this problem... Don't know why it happens though, I played in BWE3 and no problems were encountered back then.. This sucks
  • Options
    seleen2seleen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merendin wrote: »
    I can confirm this problem... Don't know why it happens though, I played in BWE3 and no problems were encountered back then.. This sucks

I was playing fine till today's patch and now I am also stuck at the loading screen.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ...
  • Options
    merendinmerendin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seleen2 wrote: »
    I was playing fine till today's patch and now I am also stuck at the loading screen.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ...

Fixed myself now. Check your C:\Games folder. You shouldn't have Neverwinter there. Don't know what causes this but I had duplicate installed. Correct directory is C:\Users\Public\Games\...... If you have Neverwinter in C:\Games try deleting it. Worked for me
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    merendin wrote: »
    Fixed myself now. Check your C:\Games folder. You shouldn't have Neverwinter there. Don't know what causes this but I had duplicate installed. Correct directory is C:\Users\Public\Games\...... If you have Neverwinter in C:\Games try deleting it. Worked for me

I don't have another client installed, but it still won't work. I tried reinstalling 4 times now, same issue, I also tried to:
    Run as admin
    force verify
    run in compatibility mode with vista, xp
    and a lot more solutions but nothing helps :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No one has solution?
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    This should have been fixed last couple patchs...

Have you tried verify on Neverwinter Launcher -> Options?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    This should have been fixed last couple patchs...

Have you tried verify on Neverwinter Launcher -> Options?

Yes I just tried that but it didn't change anything :(
  • Options
    acedian1acedian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having same problem looking forward to a solution. Tried a variety of things myself.
  • Options
    nicozornicozor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just solved my problem.
    I have a Logitech G930 wireless headset. I had to turn it on and turn up/down volume for computer to find it fast, which then made the game launch normally.
    In other words, check if your default sound device is connected and turned on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nicozor wrote: »
    Just solved my problem.
    I have a Logitech G930 wireless headset. I had to turn it on and turn up/down volume for computer to find it fast, which then made the game launch normally.

My Logitech G35 has been connected and working fine, I tried disabling it but still the issue persists.
  • Options
    acedian1acedian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nicozor wrote: »
    Just solved my problem.
    I have my headset in and on Skype talking before I tried to launch the game so I don't think that will work for me. Still waiting for a fix for this myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    acedian1 wrote: »
    I have my headset in and on Skype talking before I tried to launch the game so I don't think that will work for me. Still waiting for a fix for this myself.

Me too. Hoping someone from perfectworld can help with this, it's really annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still having this problem...
  • Options
    craigredcraigred Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, The cryptic load screen bar gets to 4/5 the way across and the a black screen.
    Have Icon, Will Travel.
  • Options
    rozzetlolrozzetlol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tumaelso wrote: »
    Still having this problem...

My brother have had the same problem for several days now, he is about to give up hope playing the game =/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rozzetlol wrote: »
    My brother have had the same problem for several days now, he is about to give up hope playing the game =/

Yeah me too. I just want to check out the game but I guess it's not going to happen >.<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nobody has a solution?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The game finally worked after updating to patch 15 :D
  • Options
    ooiownedjooooiownedjoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this problem too I have patched everything as well

Edit: Gameclient.exe crashes
  • Options
    willowbeanwillowbean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this problem too I have patched everything as well

Edit: Gameclient.exe crashes

Have you guys added -ignorex64check to start up? This fixed it for me
  • Options
    ooiownedjooooiownedjoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    willowbean wrote: »
    Have you guys added -ignorex64check to start up? This fixed it for me

hello thank you for the reply, I've tried adding that on start up and adding that + safemode... its crashing at the neverwinter loading screen now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump my brother still has this problem...
  • Options
    feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting this too as of this morning. Hits around 40% of that big, ugly black screen and that pitiful logo and goes into not responding. Sure would be nice to play after blowing 60 bucks on a founder pack and prolly just as much on zen. Don't think I'll be doing that again.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    would the dev team please fix this issue soon ?
  • Options
    chibiokasan89chibiokasan89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get to the title screen that says "NeverWinter" and then it freezes. I have to alt+ctrl+dlt and it says it's not responding. I've changed the compatibility to everything on the list and tried one by one. I've restarted the computer and everything. I don't know what's wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still getting this. You haven't fixed it, Cryptic. Pull it together.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Downtime didn't fix a thing for me. What are you people doing over there?!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still not working..