test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players need to stop using Current bidding on AH and use Buyout ..

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yet most of us dont have time to wait around for 5 days for some rare blue gear to use in PvP or getting epics to gear up for 60's so please do US a favour and use buyout option's instead of wasting other players time.
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• famousamos#6123 famousamos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Yet most of us dont have time to wait around for 5 days for some rare blue gear to use in PvP or getting epics to gear up for 60's so please do US a favour and use buyout option's instead of wasting other players time.

While I do agree that using current bid and setting to 5 days or even 3 days is dumb (people outlevel the gear to fast at lower levels), we can't really tell them how to list their items. Personally, I always use the buyout option because I have found people t be impatient in MMORPG's, and my stuff usually sells within a day if I do this.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah plus you make quicker AD than waiting around and get overbidded by some nubs lol
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're only losing money by not having a buyout. I got an email saying I won my bid for a Level 8 Armour. I'm now level 30. First and only time i do that

Up to the seller how you want to list, but really, you are the only one losing out. I will just buy from the next guy.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    95% of the items on the auction house are bid only. I skip past them all for stuff with buyout option. I'm not waiting 5 days for something I will outlevel in 2 hours.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
    edited May 2013
    Depends if it's saids *recommended
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't matter if it says recommended or not....that doesn't change how fast a person levels.

Personally I never bother looking at the bid only items, skip over them all to find the buy out items. Why? Because if I am looking for a level 20 item today by the time those 5 days are up on your auction I will have replaced it several times over.

Even if its not gear most people don't wanna wait 5 days for things so will look for the buy now option.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed
    Greed keeps the players from earning the currency. I look for buyouts everytime.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it recommends stuff all the time that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It will recommend a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blue item over an awesome green all the time. I always post with a buyout just slightly over my list price and I sell loads of stuff, I post stuff I don't think will sell even and it sells so long as it has a slot, is priced fair, and has a buyout it will sell.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend an option to sort by buyout only. I don't even look at bid only.
    edited May 2013
    *bump* also fix the search function aswell >.<
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    I would recommend an option to sort by buyout only. I don't even look at bid only.

This would be a nice feature to have.
  • revandeathrevandeath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I post my stuff with it automatically giving me the bid starting price and a buyout price i dont even enter any numbers in i go with what the game tells me too. If you see any nightmare boxes on there for real low they most likely are mine LOL.
  • bluntdragon1bluntdragon1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would prefer the AH to stay just the way it is. as soon as it becomes 100% functional the price gouging begins.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

YES! Thank you. Sorting by bid is painful. I'm not waiting five days just to be outbid on something I need or want now, because I wasn't online at 3:a.m.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • duckoquackduckoquack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People can keep using the bid system all they want! More sales for me >:]
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same.

If you have a generic bid without a 'buy it now' price, I DO NOT EVER BID ON IT.

Why wait up to 5 days for something when you need it, well, now.

Either put up a buy it now price or don't list it at all. Stop wasting everyone's time.
  • irjellyirjelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    <removed quote & reply to a removed post>

On topic: I agree completely about buyouts. I always include them on my items, and I don't think I have ever actually had items be won through bidding on any games. I also almost never bid on items except the few rare times when I think i can either flip it for a profit or it's something unrelated to my level or progress through the game.
  • naelmenaelme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes this is very odd that people are doing this. in 4 days i'll be a higher level wont want the gear.

so please people list a buyout
  • opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find this just to be a problem... I mean there are no downsides for time frames. In wow, other mmos and even life, the longer an auction, the more money it costs. Simple. However in NW, there is no added cost. A 1 day auction costs the same as a 5 day auction.

Unrelated gripes with the AH - WTF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> searches. I have specific search criteria and it doesn't even use them. I want defense items? Nope, I get power and crit results. However the biggest problem is the level search. I want to search level 15-20 because I was level 17; why the hell was I get level 46 items as a result? Fix the coding with the auction house please.

Aso, a "Show only results with a buyout" would be an excellent addition.
  • stormkeep#9618 stormkeep Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before Sunday there was no option to assign a buyout price when listing items. I think a lot of people have not noticed that you can now.
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I agree, but I guess you could bid on stuff for future alts if you can afford the bank space. I always wondered why people would put 5 day auctions back in the 2 day betas. Putting bids on sought after level 60 gear makes sense though.
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Puzzles me every time i open the auction house to see it spammed with those low level green items with a 23 AD bid and no buyout...

Seriously, who in their right mind thinks that someone is gonna bid on a low level green and wait for 5 days to get it when:
    - You will outlevel the item within an hour
    - Greens drop by the ton in this game

Some people.... :D
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »

1) I don't even look at items w/o buyout... ever.
    2) I'm not even bothering with the AH right now... the broken filters are killing the economy.. nothing is selling, even with gross undercutting.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the problem is the Buyout in AH is set/MUST BE higher than start bid. So we can't add an item like in PWI or STO AH for start bid 1k and sell for 1k .However i see ppl are adding i.e. 13 for start bid and 14 for buy now.Yesterday i added 5 Dungeoneering Kits for start bid 34 and buy now 35 Astrals... my first attempt to sell something :)
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me of all the idiots who were posting things on the AH during the beta weekends for 5 days bid only. First of all, it was closed beta and secondly the beta weekend was only 3 days long. :rolleyes:
  • caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    put the same price in both options.

bid 90000000
    buyout 90000000
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caiokill wrote: »
    put the same price in both options.

bid 90000000
    buyout 90000000

that's a nice Troll looking avatar you got there.
    edited May 2013
    that's a nice Troll looking avatar you got there.

Thank you sir.
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    It's an old gimmick from old MMO times when leveling actually was a very slow process and you being Lucky to Level up once every couple days or so... sometimes even longer.

With current Level speeds, especially in this game. The bid function is retarted and shouldn't be there. It's completely pointless, as like many said.... by the time you win the bid and finally get the item you have already way outleveled it.
    edited May 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    It's an old gimmick from old MMO times when leveling actually was a very slow process and you being Lucky to Level up once every couple days or so... sometimes even longer.

With current Level speeds, especially in this game. The bid function is retarted and shouldn't be there. It's completely pointless, as like many said.... by the time you win the bid and finally get the item you have already way outleveled it.

And when u get lvl 60?

This functions is not just for the low levels, if ur a low level, and REALLY need some items, then u should use buyout, if not.. just forget AH until u hit lvl 60.

sorry about my english :(