test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3v3 Arenas + Ranked System!

veskelaveskela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any possibilities of a ranked pvp system and adding possibl a 3v3 arena with seasons? I think this game could be incredible in the arena aspect, especially adding a few more healing classes and dps classes, aka Paladin, Ranger, Warlock, Bard, etc.

This game could actually quite easily have a specatator mode put in as well, if you press B and go into observe mode, it's actually quite nice the zooming in and out and the spectating of the area for screenshots, etc. They could go off this and add something like that to their arena just obviously make it above view.

Before all your PVP haters come on here dissing everyone who actually likes pvp, please take a second and breathe before you post and rage at everyone for wanting something that they enjoy in this game, and for me and others that''s PVP!

Thanks all, and happy discussion!
Post edited by veskela on

Comments

• veskelaveskela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump it up!!!
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    So RogueX3 vs Rogue X3...sounds boring
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    veskela wrote: »
    Is there any possibilities of a ranked pvp system and adding possibl a 3v3 arena with seasons? I think this game could be incredible in the arena aspect, especially adding a few more healing classes and dps classes, aka Paladin, Ranger, Warlock, Bard, etc.

This game could actually quite easily have a specatator mode put in as well, if you press B and go into observe mode, it's actually quite nice the zooming in and out and the spectating of the area for screenshots, etc. They could go off this and add something like that to their arena just obviously make it above view.

Before all your PVP haters come on here dissing everyone who actually likes pvp, please take a second and breathe before you post and rage at everyone for wanting something that they enjoy in this game, and for me and others that''s PVP!

Please for the love of god NO. Arena's ruined PVP for PVE players in Wow. They were just bad bad bad bad. Arena's were about the point where Wow really started going down hill.
  • warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 v 5 would be better
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a good idea, that'll cost you $5 a match
  • veskelaveskela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, if you actually had more classes, a few more healers and a few more dps classes they could easily make some good comps. Like right now Wizard, Rogue, Cleric is basically RMP in WoW for some of you that is Rogue, Mage, Priest.
  • pdizzlyfreshpdizzlyfresh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I strongly approve competitive pvp!
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 :) Heck, 4v4 too, why not? Maybe even 1v1. But yes, I want to see arenas in some form!
  • xristanaxxristanax Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please for the love of god NO. Arena's ruined PVP for PVE players in Wow. They were just bad bad bad bad. Arena's were about the point where Wow really started going down hill.

BC is widely regarded as the best expansion
  • obsituusobsituus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree with you that Arenas in WoW are pretty much garbage and I also agree that they shouldn't be implemented in this game, however I am curious why you say they ruined the game for PvE players? I stopped playing WoW completely and for good shortly after Lich King released, however I recall Arena and Raid-level PvE being very separate things and most people I knew were either into one or the other. This may have changed after I left, but.. yeah... I'm just curious.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVE players ruined it for the PVP players in reality. We couldn't get our weapons until the PVE players got theirs.... but then the PVE players all brought their PVE weapons into arena before we could get ours. But w/e
    edited May 2013
    You guys need to realize as I stated in the previous post, there isn't enough classes in the game currently, but by the time they released arenas they could easily add 3-4 more classes making it easier for people to come up with team comps and start learning strats. This isn't wow guys, remember we have like 5 abilities we can use at a time pretty much, so easy to balance a game like this, this could be a gold mine for pvp players if they can do it correctly, I come from WoW arenas being a gladiator rogue and priest back in the day. I do hate arenas in WoW nowadays but a game like this with so very little skills it could really make balancing easier and could really make for awesome arena matches.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    YES!! lets turn this game into WOW!!!!

wait, no.
    go away with your unimaginative dribble.

Better yet.. go play your beloved wow.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Well, actually, I wasn't a fan of arena in WoW (I prefer object-oriented PvP), but it was step up from premades farming randoms in BGs. I ran premades in vanilla, and it wasn't much fun for either side, in retrospect. My problem with arena is the bursty nature of DM-style PvP which is pretty shallow and raises all sorts of balance issues. PvP at 60 in Neverwinter already now has the problem that the Time To Kill is very low, something that was better in earlier brackets.

A problem with arena was also how the gear from there affected other aspects of BG-PvP and even PvE, which they only addressed years later. But still, a ranked system has advantages, though I would prefer a standardized setup with standardized gear, but that gets us closer to competitive shooters. :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    BC is widely regarded as the best expansion

70% of statistics are made up.
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »

wait, no.

We aren't saying we want to play Wow, we are saying we LOVE rated serious PVP. :)
  • pdizzlyfreshpdizzlyfresh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

wait, no.

I'm not sure how arenas means turning a game into WOW. WOW did not create arenas. Just b/c a game succeeds or fails at a concept doesn't mean every other game will.
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya pvping with 200-250 ms againt usa players with 20 ms! ya make it ranked it will show true skill :)
  • koreanhankoreanhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    70% of statistics are made up.

does this include your current statistic?
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    We aren't saying we want to play Wow, we are saying we LOVE rated serious PVP. :)

So introduce mass scale pvp! something different.. my god i played arena srsly for years and im sick to death of it!.. we need something fresh.. leave wow templates to die please!
    edited May 2013
    So introduce mass scale pvp! something different.. my god i played arena srsly for years and im sick to death of it!.. we need something fresh.. leave wow templates to die please!

SWTOR Ilum? :P
    edited May 2013
    genius....
    edited May 2013
    SWTOR Ilum? :P

not sure if srs.. If you like arena thats fine. But arena comes down to the SAME thing every single season.

1.Ping
    2.Comp
    3.Carries

do you really want this again?
  • h3ad0ffthe0neh3ad0ffthe0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

+1

yes, some rated kind of pvp would be awesome ! : p
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    ya pvping with 200-250 ms againt usa players with 20 ms! ya make it ranked it will show true skill :)

Do you find Neverwinter particularly laggy? dodge rolls not evading etc.. Im australian and i find my ping of 350+ sometimes behaves like 600.
  • skeetlesgamingskeetlesgaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are all stupid if you think having ranked PvP is a bad idea, 50% of player enjoy PvP, and ranked Pvp is the only thing people will continue doing PvP for, people will get bored of doing battlegrounds within a few weeks because its boring and repetitive without there being a long term goal like rating.
    edited May 2013
    You guys are all stupid if you think having ranked PvP is a bad idea, 50% of player enjoy PvP, and ranked Pvp is the only thing people will continue doing PvP for, people will get bored of doing battlegrounds within a few weeks because its boring and repetitive without there being a long term goal like rating.

I agree 100% with Skeetles on this subject.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As long as you make lineup restrictions this type of thing can work well in action MMO's and I'm hoping to see it in the future. By restrictions I mean max 1 of each class (or perhaps the Tera version where you need to have minimum 1 healing class as well)
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    veskela wrote: »

as much as they fixed pvp in their other fail games they're going to do it in NWO.
  • neocom2aneocom2a Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So RogueX3 vs Rogue X3...sounds boring
    Dude, we pretty much would have RMP here. You cant enter arena without a CW. That would just be rather stupid.