What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I play your game, you Owe me!

Comments

• Options
    mikemike Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, there is a chance they might fix pricing issues if they notice people are not biting.
    Dragon:
    Tyria@nestea2015 -> Devoted Cleric (Level is changing because he's being leveled :P )

Beholder:
    Razco@nestea2015 -> Control Wizard (Possible Deletion Immiment)
  • Options
    glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    My biggest issue is that it cost 5? real dollars to respec.
  • Options
    fubecafubeca Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, OP!

If you're not willing to go through the "growing pains" of OBT launch, then you don't deserve the reward of an awesome gaming experience. I heckled yesterday with the queue issues, but - honestly - the issue was addressed EXTREMELY quickly, I was VERY impressed, and I heckle no more.

As for cash shop ... two character slots kinda sucks - not a lot of room to experiment with, but meh... it's a free game, it's high budget. I've never spent money on a free game, but I think I might with this one. Not necessarily because I want the items in the Cash shop, but because it's such a high quality game, that I can feel good with myself for putting money into it *cough*unlikesomeothergames*cough*
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll bandage your ribs if you bandage mine. The difference between you and me is that you want purchases to be attractive by YOUR standards. There are tons of people spending gobs of money who think the pricing meets their desires.

Thanks for putting me in my place, too bad for you I was already happy in my place, but thanks for playing!

So basically "NO U". Huh, I guess you ran out of steam back on page one.

Here's the thing, if lower prices are somehow not attractive to you? You have huge problems. I'm sorry but all one has to do, is look at other ftp games to see what can work.

You think lowering the prices is going to, make them appealing to "just me"? Please. You want them to stay the same, because they are appealing to you, and you couldn't give a **** about anyone else. I want them to appealing to EVERYONE. You know, so more people can pitch in, and more people can enjoy the contents of the shop. Not just serve as an ego boost to people who enjoy the thought of paying thirty bucks for an outfit, or forty for a mount to feel more special.

You see, I'm not arguing to make the prices better for just me. I'm thinking of my friends who have less money, but would enjoy the stuff in the shop, and would like to contribute.

You? You're the one who sees prices that are agreeable to you, and declare them acceptable, and belittle anyone who disagrees with this insipid ego stroking thread of yours.

You may wish to reconsider thanking me for "playing". That place you're in right now? All you.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    All these same issues with the cash shop affected GW2, and that game costs $60... This is just an example of not Cryptic, but the entire industry being that way. This game, so far as I can tell is NOT p2w. So if everyone is unhappy, just vote with your dollars and don't pay $10 for a bag expansion slot. That is the only way to get the message across, not complaining on forums. Sadly all the tools who do spend that kind of change for nothing, are our own worst enemies.
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A game is good, when I am playing, flowing with the combat and adventures, then suddenly LEVEL # pops on the screen totally surprises and bringing me into the moment that I am enjoying the gaming to the point where leveling is a non issue or focus.

Store is a bit expensive, but I am " assuming " (we know how that goes) it will reach a curve of sorts in time, probably 6 months or so.

And I agree the Lockboxes could be better, I keep getting the same stuff over and over.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! I think GW2 fixed a lot of issues with their marketplace.

I'm sure Cryptic will as well.
    Dragon:
    Tyria@nestea2015 -> Devoted Cleric (Level is changing because he's being leveled :P )

Beholder:
  • Options
    anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't run out of steam, I ran out of interest in what you were saying. I never said I agreed or didn't agree with the pricing... I said I don't care. Things can always be cheaper but I'm not going to waste a single moment complaining about what it costs me to buy what I can earn for free if I am willing to put in the time.

You do realize the negative attention you're giving me is also stroking my ego since I'm so worthy of your attempts to insult me. I'm glad I could be your muse and bring out such passion. Do go on, I'm so broken by your personal attacks, the next one might just break me :-)

direcrow wrote: »

Here's the thing, if lower prices are somehow not attractive to you? You have huge problems. I'm sorry but all one has to do, is look at other ftp games to see what can work.

You think lowering the prices is going to, make them appealing to "just me"? Please. You want them to stay the same, because they are appealing to you, and you couldn't give a **** about anyone else. I want them to appealing to EVERYONE. You know, so more people can pitch in, and more people can enjoy the contents of the shop. Not just serve as an ego boost to people who enjoy the thought of paying 30 bucks for an outfit, or forty for a mount to feel more special.

You see, I'm not arguing to make the prices better for just me. I'm thinking of my friends who have less money, but would enjoy the stuff in the shop, and would like to contribute.

You? You're the one who sees prices that are agreeable to you, and declare them acceptable, and belittle anyone who disagrees with this insipid ego stroking thread of yours.

You may wish to reconsider thanking me for "playing". That place you're in right now? All you.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the game is so darn good, why are you here on the forums instead of off playing your awesome game?
    Yea, right! FANBOI
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mike wrote: »

I never went back after endgame really. =( It wasn't the cash shop that drove me away (I actually spent like $30 on keys! My bad!) but the terrible dungeon grind for skinned gear. I might go back if the inevitable expansion is any good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I only play when I feel like it so as a result..I have a few level 10s and a couple of low 20's.
    Dragon:

Beholder:
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mike wrote: »

Exactly. I don't think anyone here, wants this game to fail. We all want this game to succeed, we want Cryptic to make money. We want the game to be the best it can be. Many of us would be more than happy to give Cryptic money, but the way the shop is set up, is just awful. I already gave them 60 bucks, but considering that I still have to buy respec tokens, and only have three character slots for a game I payed the full price of a new game for, is just unacceptable.

I really like this game, I'm recommending it to all my gaming friends, and I've gotten at least five of them to start playing, but I won't touch the zen shop until these prices are reasonable to me.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    If the game is so darn good, why are you here on the forums instead of off playing your awesome game?
    Yea, right! FANBOI

That's your best job at logic? The game is currently down, or is for me, so just having fun reading forums. Ooooh the fanboi slam, I'm crushed truly... there might even be tears.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »

You think lowering the prices is going to, make them appealing to "just me"? Please. You want them to stay the same, because they are appealing to you, and you couldn't give a **** about anyone else. I want them to appealing to EVERYONE. You know, so more people can pitch in, and more people can enjoy the contents of the shop. Not just serve as an ego boost to people who enjoy the thought of paying thirty bucks for an outfit, or forty for a mount to feel more special.

Look at other games? Like Tera? Currently doing better with it's f2p model than the sub model it launched with..The cash shop in Tera is pretty much on par with what we see in Neverwinter. I play, and pay in Tera where you can still get a months plan if you want, and I do..I also play The secret world ,it is buy to play but no sub required . The cash shop is on par with what we see here in Neverwinter.. So I think everything seems pretty ok, if things do not sell proices will drop.Players who are smart will wait for a sale to buy and do better...You know, free markets..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Game is great, and I'm hoping they realize people want more than just two slots. it's almost not worth it in one respect. Half the fun for me as well is customizing my characters. Atleast start me with three slots :P
    Dragon:

Beholder:
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What sucks to me,is that in today's world brilliant programers are forced to panhandle in virtual worlds that they created for everyone else to enjoy. Then they are treated like digital homeless hobo's by the folks playing in the world they play god to..

/scratches head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logged in because of your post, I love it!

I never spend cash on F2P games (except league) I might actually drop a few cash on this game (waiting to see if they change it so you get more zen for your cash) but yea, just know what to buy, mainly we be buying keys (not a lot but a few)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good night everyone, thanks for keeping me company whether you agreed with me or not! See you tomorrow! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, you could look into Psychology and probably find the answer.
    Dragon:

Beholder:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good night everyone, thanks for keeping me company whether you agreed with me or not! See you tomorrow! <3
    Good night!
    Dragon:

Beholder:
  • Options
    paystowinpaystowin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never went back after endgame really. =( It wasn't the cash shop that drove me away (I actually spent like $30 on keys! My bad!) but the terrible dungeon grind for skinned gear. I might go back if the inevitable expansion is any good.
    The dungeon gear wasn't too bad, an endgame piece in a day or a day in a half (3 dungeons a day for 60 tokens each = 180 tokens a day so you get all 6 pieces in 8 days for endgame armor)
    at least not compared to the grind were gonna have in this game to respec if we dont dish out the $ =/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't run out of steam, I ran out of interest in what you were saying. I never said I agreed or didn't agree with the pricing... I said I don't care. Things can always be cheaper but I'm not going to waste a single moment complaining about what it costs me to buy what I can earn for free if I am willing to put in the time.

You do realize the negative attention you're giving me is also stroking my ego since I'm so worthy of your attempts to insult me. I'm glad I could be your muse and bring out such passion. Do go on, I'm so broken by your personal attacks, the next one might just break me :-)

Ah apathy, the cornerstone of every great cause. The last resort of every troll. Here's the thing about claims to apathy. They sort of lose a bit of their legitimacy, the more you need to declare them. So, as with many people such as yourself, you started off with a strong start, but as soon as anyone with any intellect challenges you, you quickly dissolve into false assertions of not caring, and a few bits of silly taunts. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have said a thing.

All of which prove you care, and none of which prove me wrong.

Trust me, I have many muses, and you're not one. If you wish to inspire, try being inspiring.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    archimedicarchimedic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im gonna ask in here since this post is so popular.
    i know unrelated, i cant get an answer in tech support.
    Why when I go from window fullscreen to true fullscreen in 1920*1080 does it make the game go more like fullscreen 1360*720 or something?

Also I cant figure out how to post a new thread in this forum..... which is strange cause this account is pretty old.... and is also linked to my cryptic account(so i end up with a couple user names)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P. You want to respec but can't afford 6 bucks? OK, here's a little secret:

reroll = respec

Have fun with that while you're painting my house

Huh, I don't think you so much miss the point, as you hurl yourself out of its way, like an oncoming train.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paystowin wrote: »
    The dungeon gear wasn't too bad, an endgame piece in a day or a day in a half (3 dungeons a day for 60 tokens each = 180 tokens a day so you get all 6 pieces in 8 days for endgame armor)
    at least not compared to the grind were gonna have in this game to respec if we dont dish out the $ =/

I spent a week getting the full armor set and weapons from Ascalon, then Halloween happened, then the new type of dungeons happened and then I was just grinded out. Didn't go back for wintersday and now I feel as if I would be really behind the curve on dungeon gear, so I don't feel any need to go back. Creating a game strictly based on a daily grind, which allows players to feel unwelcome after spending time away, might not be the best way to go. Yet, I don't see how an MMO can go any other way, outside of the true dream of a REAL sandbox game.
  • Options
    salimussalimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Society really has gone by the wayside regarding customer service and it doesnt have really much to do with this game per se. As we become more media driven we lose the human touch and what you say means less than who you are which can easily be forgotten behind all of these psudonyms. We ironically are willing to leave a reality where we are known to enter a world of anonominity and pay to be known as we want to be seen. If you want a fix, here it is... be OK being anonymous and when it counts being real, be genuine... and that, is free.
    Galadris
    60 Control Wizard
    <EXILE>
    Dragon Server

kqil2.jpg
  • Options
    boogle11boogle11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is awesome and well worth my money and support, I love the combat, it is beta and still has some kinks to be worked out, but Hey at least it isn't wow that hasnt fixed their crafting system since vanilla and just rinses and repeats every expansion. I will continue playing this game for as long as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    salimus wrote: »
    Society really has gone by the wayside regarding customer service and it doesnt have really much to do with this game per se. As we become more media driven we lose the human touch and what you say means less than who you are which can easily be forgotten behind all of these psudonyms. We ironically are willing to leave a reality where we are known to enter a world of anonominity and pay to be known as we want to be seen. If you want a fix, here it is... be OK being anonymous and when it counts being real, be genuine... and that, is free.

Interesting.....

I am not happy with Verizon getting rid of their unlimited data plans, and the increase in their phone prices. Neither are anyone else that I know. Yet when I called them and went into their store, I got nothing but "that's just the way it is." Someday I envision Verizon looking around and wondering what exactly happened, why all their customers left for perceived better plans and cheaper rates and those at Verizon not getting it. To bring this around, it is an arrogance and an apathy towards the customer base that will be the ultimate downfall for many companies. Will this game just be another body in the graveyard? We will find out. It is too early for me to declare it dead yet. Just because the cash shop seems a tad expensive and this current down time. These things happen and customers are ready to forgive for products they like, just so long as Cryptic listens.
  • Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually, since this game is F2P, I'm pretty sure that if you're not certain you like a character but you don't want to give it up & you don't have any more character slots, you can create a new account. Two more character slots for free, just like that!

Also, Direcrow, what part of the fact that the Zen prices are meaningless to her because she has no intention of paying real cash for them do you not understand? Her post is aimed at the players who are complaining that "this is a FREE TO PLAY game, why do I have to pay for ANYTHING????" I'm not saying that your complaint regarding the cash shop is invalid, I've seen so many people throwing prices around that to me are a bit on the crazy side so I've been afraid to look at it myself but I am not complaining about it either. Likely I will do what I have done with EQ2 (and I have a gold sub for that so this is actually EXTRA money that I've thrown at SOE) & purchase a cash card or maybe 2 & wait until they have a sale on Zen to use them. Does it bring the cash shop prices down? No, but since I gained a percentage more (I've seen people say that PW/Cryptic commonly offers a 15% off sale) than I would have if I had not waited, it does make the cost to me less. As many have already noted, as time passes, they will take a look at what items are selling and what items are not & they will lower the prices on the things that are not selling. One must be patient & wait for that to happen though, & no amount of complaining or rudeness to others will make it happen sooner. You had a valid point to make, but drenching it in layers of condescending nastiness just made it null. I stopped reading your posts after the first one, to be honest because I didn't feel like bathing in that much negative muck.

You do have a good point, perhaps you'll choose a better muse in the future before your fingers hit the keyboard.

OP, I enjoyed your post. I've just recovered from a long illness & was able to get some housework done today. I was all excited to login & play only to find that.... apparently all the servers ASPLODED!!!!!!!!!! or the hamsters got out... or something. Of course, people are angry, so there are lots of negative posts rolling around, it was nice to find one that was lighthearted & made me smile.

Oh yes, whoever it was that posted the "something something cash shop" also made me laugh. :D

SALIMUS!!!!!!!! Your sig! It's what I loved about D&D (I played in the late 70's/early 80's so this 4th ed is weird to me), what I loved about NWN 1 & 2 and what I love about NWO! I found two treasure chests on the bridge & I think two in the starting area also. I've been over EVERY inch of the city & I try to cover EVERY inch of each new zone - there's always something new to find or see! That is truly my favorite part of any & all of the MMORPG's that I play, along with lore. I ADORE a good story!
  • Options
    noneofmywordnoneofmyword Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some ppl just want everything for free, well thats a kind of greedy too.