test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I play your game, you Owe me!

Comments

• Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    the only thing i'm complaining about on the cash shop is the price of keys....seriously $1.25 a key to get a 2% chance to get something good, I've received 2 good items from the 50 boxes i've opened up already, a green con leadership man at arms, and a purple proc rune stone 1% necrotic dmg, some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. the boxes need to either have some better drop chances or keys need to be dropped in price.

You know a number of people pay around the same price to have a 1 in a billion chance to win the lottery....just saying
  • Options
    izombieskizombiesk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem doesn't lay with paying to play, it's that it's play 2 win. If you're a casual player, this means nothing to you. If you're competitive by nature, the game becomes pointless to play.
  • Options
    muricasuprememuricasupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey it could be worse this games has given me hours of entertainment.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who likes this game is a baddie ***

Said the baddie :)
  • Options
    geniuzamongidiotgeniuzamongidiot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    competitive in NWO? the pvp is terrible. the time to kill is so high and the skill cap is so very very low. how can pve be competitive? this game fails so ****ing hard. if this is the future of MMORPGs im glad i got to experience the good ones at least.
  • Options
    geniuzamongidiotgeniuzamongidiot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am the best ever
  • Options
    aknotskillaknotskill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is awesome. Perfectly said. You should copy and paste this in everyones forum post that is complaining about a wait for it.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    FREE GAME. No one forced anyone to buy anything. HAHAHAHAHA this made my night. Thank you.
    You owe me... nothing. It's a game, it's free, when it's up it's fun. So if I divide my cost of zero by time played I think I got my money's worth.

Oh to be fair, I bought the $60 pack, but the principle doesn't change.

Is the cash shop over-priced? Maybe... I mean, it's not free and we all like free so if it costs more than free it must be over-priced. After all, zen's expensive... oh wait, I can earn Astral Diamonds for free in game and trade them for Zen? And if I earn enough AD's I can get anything I want? But... but... but I want stuff now, I don't actually want to have to EARN anything... geez, I mean really... who EARNS anything anymore.

What's more, Cryptic/PWE are all greedy ogres! How dare they want to not only recoup the cost of development and maintenance but they want to make a PROFIT? WTF? Must be more of those evil Americans what with putting out a quality product in the hopes of reaping rewards? Who does that?

Personally I think they should just make everyone max level with the best gear on character creation and have the monsters drop dead at your feet just because. What's more I think Cryptic/PWE should pay us to play the game!

Oh yeah, back to my opening line... they owe me nothing. I like the game. I like that I can have anything I want if I earn it or pay for it or both. When there's downtime I can find other things to do or troll the forums :-)

Have fun in-game everyone and keep posting all those hateful threads about how badly you've been wronged and cheated... you know who you are...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Me and Coal Chamber still cant get in a game.
  • Options
    anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like their newer stuff as well RIP dimebag this game is pathetic just a money grab from Wow-turds, but most people are fk dumb so what you gonna do, heres food for thought, not everyone playing games is a teenage nerdgin with mommys credit card, vin diesel played live D&D do you think vin diesel would play this POS game?

Not that it matters, but I have never once in my life made a decision by first contemplating what Vin Diesel would do. I'd be more apt to consider what Sheldon Cooper would do than Vin Diesel... just saying...
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    izombiesk wrote: »
    The problem doesn't lay with paying to play, it's that it's play 2 win. If you're a casual player, this means nothing to you. If you're competitive by nature, the game becomes pointless to play.

How so? If you are a competitive player, you get the best PvP gear by PvPing, and you get the best PvE gear by PvEing. Health stone, for example, is disabled in PvP. There is nothing you can buy to give you any advantage in PvP, especially nothing you cannot get in the game, too.

If feel that games like WoW are far more "pay to win" than this, in the sense that if you can afford to play 12 hours a day you have a massive, insurmountable advantage over people who have jobs and families. If you spend as much time on Neverwinter, you will also have an advantage over people who cannot play as much. If they buy gear from the AH, they buy it from said competitive players.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aknotskill wrote: »
    That is awesome. Perfectly said. You should copy and paste this in everyones forum post that is complaining about a wait for it.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    FREE GAME. No one forced anyone to buy anything. HAHAHAHAHA this made my night. Thank you.

You're SO very welcome! It's only one girl's opinion, but if it made someone smile then she's happy :-)
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is saying this game 'owes' them. This game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> plain and simple. The combat is garbage. The PvE is decent fun because it has a good pace but overall it sucks. Pathetically bad game.

Having come from near 2 decades of mmo gaming and more than 30 years gaming in general, including many pen and paper rpg games. I am going to disagree with you. The combat is garbage? You seem to be in an army of 1 on that, even those with issues do not sight that as one.

This game is nice, for A beta it is in good shape, I expect by the time the beta is over this game will be one of the top 2 or 3 online games on the market,free or other wise.

Did anyone try out Defiance ? That was a buy top play game and the launch was 100 time more messy than this one, across 3 platforms ..Defiance survived, for now..Neverwinter will survive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well Vin Diesel knows MMO's and D&D hell I think he guest wrote a D&D book or something something dark side
  • Options
    suishokotakasuishokotaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, so it's not above Baldur's Gate and other games that came before this one? This is still BETA. I thank those who DID buy the various cash items, allowing me to play for free. Even though I have 2 slots, which are fine for me to start out with, I have RESTARTED characters when I goofed. Right now, I am waiting to get back into the game so I can do the run to Neverwinter from dropping off arrows for the archers against the Thay wizards. If I had the money, yeah, I would buy something from the shop, but right now, I can't afford it. I just hope that they make Drizzt an NPC in game, even though at this time, I think he and Bruenor, err Bongo, are making their way into Gauntlgrym to retrap the fiery primordial.
  • Options
    kingofrupeeskingofrupees Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a great post about a great game. 99% of the whiners couldn't attempt to make a game like this on their best day. Do they like getting a paycheck at their job for their hard work? Cryptic and PWE people are trying to pay their bills just like anyone else, you wouldn't work for free would you? (Some people might) Overall, i can only hope the sheer amount of dumb whiners don't ruin and kill this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    got put out of service for more sleek cannons.
  • Options
    chubnastychubnasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is support down as well? it hasn't been working since I've tried using it.
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    well from the OPs original post i liked this comment the most:

Personally I think they should just make everyone max level with the best gear on character creation and have the monsters drop dead at your feet just because. What's more I think Cryptic/PWE should pay us to play the game!

and oh btw i have been paid to play MMOs before lol i just found that funny to read (yanno all games have paid alpha and beta testers right?) All in all i have to agree it's free no need to complain about things you DO NOT have to pay for if you do not wish to. Sure maybe the cash shop is expensive name me a game that has a cheap cash shop. You'll never be able to do it i know played dozen upon dozens of MMOs from beta and up starting way back when UO was just starting out. If you're gonna complain any at all complain about something that affects over all game play mechanics. Something the devs can actually work on for us not the cash shop or nonsense things like that that only people above the devs can make such a decision on. I like this game can't say i play it for hours on end as i no longer have the raider stam or mentality but i take it in nice strides couple hours here and there. So everyone just sit back relax and enjoy the game as it was meant to be enjoyed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aren't these dudes Canadiens?
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You owe me... nothing. It's a game, it's free, when it's up it's fun. So if I divide my cost of zero by time played I think I got my money's worth.

Oh to be fair, I bought the $60 pack, but the principle doesn't change.

Is the cash shop over-priced? Maybe... I mean, it's not free and we all like free so if it costs more than free it must be over-priced. After all, zen's expensive... oh wait, I can earn Astral Diamonds for free in game and trade them for Zen? And if I earn enough AD's I can get anything I want? But... but... but I want stuff now, I don't actually want to have to EARN anything... geez, I mean really... who EARNS anything anymore.

What's more, Cryptic/PWE are all greedy ogres! How dare they want to not only recoup the cost of development and maintenance but they want to make a PROFIT? WTF? Must be more of those evil Americans what with putting out a quality product in the hopes of reaping rewards? Who does that?

Oh yeah, back to my opening line... they owe me nothing. I like the game. I like that I can have anything I want if I earn it or pay for it or both. When there's downtime I can find other things to do or troll the forums :-)

Have fun in-game everyone and keep posting all those hateful threads about how badly you've been wronged and cheated... you know who you are...

The difference between the people who complain about the cash shop, and people like you?

The people who complain about the cash shop may want to spend money on this game, but the prices are bad.
    People like you, take criticism of a video game's pricing structure, personally.

This isn't about demanding anything for free. Its about making purchases appealing, and not falling for the "The game is free, so prices can be off the wall and its all good" nonsense the fanboys spew.

The irony of this diatribe, is that you actually attempted a moral highground. You tried to pretend you're somehow more mature, more dignified, less entitled. When all you really did was write this entire post, out of childish spite. To flamebait everyone who may dare question a game company's methods.

The entitlement you display is one of never having to force yourself to read complaint threads. That's your entitlement kick. The people you mock are fighting to get better prices for everyone, and your major issue, is whether or not, princess has to read another post about prices.

Way to go. You pat yourself on the back any harder, and you might break a rib.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    bluelightninglaibluelightninglai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it goes away, it goes away. I will have had fun and gotten my money's worth. So few things in life are permanent. You responded, so my precious words won't have been lost :-)

sooo true.
  • Options
    mikemike Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soft kitty, promise? <3
    Dragon:
    Tyria@nestea2015 -> Devoted Cleric (Level is changing because he's being leveled :P )

Beholder:
    Razco@nestea2015 -> Control Wizard (Possible Deletion Immiment)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    75hth Rangers are permanent.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The crappy attitude of the OP is what makes average players quit the game, and then they wonder why their mmo died...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    The difference between the people who complain about the cash shop, and people like you?

The people who complain about the cash shop may want to spend money on this game, but the prices are bad.
    People like you, take criticism of a video game's pricing structure, personally.

This isn't about demanding anything for free. Its about making purchases appealing, and not falling for the "The game is free, so prices can be off the wall and its all good" nonsense the fanboys spew.

The irony of this diatribe, is that you actually attempted a moral highground. You tried to pretend you're somehow more mature, more dignified, less entitled. When all you really did was write this entire post, out of childish spite. To flamebait everyone who may dare question a game company's methods.

The entitlement you display is one of never having to force yourself to read complaint threads. That's your entitlement kick. Everyone else is fighting to get better prices for everyone, and your major issue is if princess has to read another post about prices.

I'll bandage your ribs if you bandage mine. The difference between you and me is that you want purchases to be attractive by YOUR standards. There are tons of people spending gobs of money who think the pricing meets their desires.

Thanks for putting me in my place, too bad for you I was already happy in my place, but thanks for playing!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mike wrote: »
    Soft kitty, promise? <3

Promise!
    tormeanted wrote: »
    The crappy attitude of the OP is what makes average players quit the game, and then they wonder why their mmo died...

yeah I know, I'm such a *****!
  • Options
    abyssblueabyssblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »

The entitlement you display is one of never having to force yourself to read complaint threads. That's your entitlement kick. Everyone else is fighting to get better prices for everyone, and your major issue is if princess has to read another post about prices.

... Except for the simple, undeniable fact that 90% of the cash-shop complainers actually are just hyper-entitled 15 year old kids with no source of income, who believe the game should be completely free...

[EDIT] And to all those people... You're very welcome for paying for this game so you can play for free =)
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    OP had me at her picture. Nice!!! Now as far as Cryptic owing me something, nah, of course not. That doesn't mean that I cannot be disappointed in this though. I was looking forward to playing tonight. It is what it is however, and once in awhile is forgivable. It would be sad to see this game die due to the devs not taking care of it.
  • Options
    mikemike Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic owes you so much for bringing a game out we're enjoying. I think they paid there dues.

To be honest, I've had so much to do I have not even looked at the marketplace despite there attempts to get me to do so. So pricing is something I don't know anything about. I'm just enjoying myself while the game is out.
    Dragon:
    Tyria@nestea2015 -> Devoted Cleric (Level is changing because he's being leveled :P )

Beholder:
    Razco@nestea2015 -> Control Wizard (Possible Deletion Immiment)
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like everyone saying " but you can earn AD in game" and neglect the actual exchange rate.

1zen=500 AD

24 slot back=1000 zen

rough cost of 1 bag: 1.5 million AD

Now no genius but i was told in game that most people are getting around 24k AD from dailys every day, so means in 1 week if you do every daily getting around 168k AD in a month 672k AD so even if you GRIND for like 30 days straight, doing every daily STILL wouldnt be able to afford a simple inventory expansion. I'm sorry but... this isn't viable for most sane people...

So we get back to... is a bag worth 10 dollars? if only play 1 character maybe... but for someone us that have alts? no its not...talking around 30 dollars per character...if you have 2 slots thats 60 dollars...for me i have 4 slots and 2 alts so over 100 dollars JUST for bags.

I think the market is way over priced.... but this is PW we are talking about so who is suprised here? not me...