test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I play your game, you Owe me!

anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You owe me... nothing. It's a game, it's free, when it's up it's fun. So if I divide my cost of zero by time played I think I got my money's worth.

Oh to be fair, I bought the $60 pack, but the principle doesn't change.

Is the cash shop over-priced? Maybe... I mean, it's not free and we all like free so if it costs more than free it must be over-priced. After all, zen's expensive... oh wait, I can earn Astral Diamonds for free in game and trade them for Zen? And if I earn enough AD's I can get anything I want? But... but... but I want stuff now, I don't actually want to have to EARN anything... geez, I mean really... who EARNS anything anymore.

What's more, Cryptic/PWE are all greedy ogres! How dare they want to not only recoup the cost of development and maintenance but they want to make a PROFIT? WTF? Must be more of those evil Americans what with putting out a quality product in the hopes of reaping rewards? Who does that?

Personally I think they should just make everyone max level with the best gear on character creation and have the monsters drop dead at your feet just because. What's more I think Cryptic/PWE should pay us to play the game!

Oh yeah, back to my opening line... they owe me nothing. I like the game. I like that I can have anything I want if I earn it or pay for it or both. When there's downtime I can find other things to do or troll the forums :-)

Have fun in-game everyone and keep posting all those hateful threads about how badly you've been wronged and cheated... you know who you are...
Post edited by anastasiakiara on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm having fun and have no problems supporting it with some $$$. Kudos D&D:Neverwinter team!
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a good speech, and you timed it very well. now there are people reading the boards. in a few months when the playerbase has gone to hell due to the cash shop, all that precious words would have been lost in the wind with noone to read them.

have fun ingame you too... while you still have a game to play
  • Options
    anastasiakiaraanastasiakiara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it goes away, it goes away. I will have had fun and gotten my money's worth. So few things in life are permanent. You responded, so my precious words won't have been lost :-)
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You owe me... nothing. It's a game, it's free, when it's up it's fun. So if I divide my cost of zero by time played I think I got my money's worth.

Oh to be fair, I bought the $60 pack, but the principle doesn't change.

Is the cash shop over-priced? Maybe... I mean, it's not free and we all like free so if it costs more than free it must be over-priced. After all, zen's expensive... oh wait, I can earn Astral Diamonds for free in game and trade them for Zen? And if I earn enough AD's I can get anything I want? But... but... but I want stuff now, I don't actually want to have to EARN anything... geez, I mean really... who EARNS anything anymore.

What's more, Cryptic/PWE are all greedy ogres! How dare they want to not only recoup the cost of development and maintenance but they want to make a PROFIT? WTF? Must be more of those evil Americans what with putting out a quality product in the hopes of reaping rewards? Who does that?

Personally I think they should just make everyone max level with the best gear on character creation and have the monsters drop dead at your feet just because. What's more I think Cryptic/PWE should pay us to play the game!

Oh yeah, back to my opening line... they owe me nothing. I like the game. I like that I can have anything I want if I earn it or pay for it or both. When there's downtime I can find other things to do or troll the forums :-)

Have fun in-game everyone and keep posting all those hateful threads about how badly you've been wronged and cheated... you know who you are...

I like this post alot, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1/10

10char
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this OP.

ps. I bought $60 founder pack after the open beta launch. Even with the opening day issues im am happy. They responded to the queue issue and lag problems rapidly and effectively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the hell else are we suppose to complain about?

The combat is not to bad, the graphics are ok, the layout and general gameplay is fine.

Might as well complain about the cash shop, give us that at least.

If not, then we will find something worse to complain about that might actually affect how the game plays.
  • Options
    atlantis212atlantis212 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this game, let them have their downtime, I have had more fun in my 1-26 levels than any other mmo I have played combined.

I have yet to pay anything for this great game and I probably will but I wan't to see If I can work for my respec by converting diamonds to zen ( probably weeks worth of straight crystal conversions to zen).

The game is high budget so the pricy zen market doesn't bother me in the least.

If you are looking for free items and carrys in dungeons you won't like this game.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like that post! Thank you. :)

I am glad I supported the game and so far it has been totally worth it. Definitely going to stick around.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like this post alot, thanks.
    I love this OP.

My pleasure :-) The incessant whining gets so tiresome... but then I'm sure there are people who stand in open fields yelling at God when there isn't enough wind to fly a kite.
  • Options
    zombiewafflezzombiewafflez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came in here expecting a lovely self entitlement post, but well done... you're exactly right. So far I'm happy with this game, even with the horrible queues first day of the open beta, even with the CS prices... doesn't matter. I've put up with truly nasty mmo GMs and customer service so these things are nothing. I'm just enjoying discovering a whole new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    geniuzamongidiotgeniuzamongidiot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is saying this game 'owes' them. This game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> plain and simple. The combat is garbage. The PvE is decent fun because it has a good pace but overall it sucks. Pathetically bad game.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the only thing i'm complaining about on the cash shop is the price of keys....seriously $1.25 a key to get a 2% chance to get something good, I've received 2 good items from the 50 boxes i've opened up already, a green con leadership man at arms, and a purple proc rune stone 1% necrotic dmg, some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. the boxes need to either have some better drop chances or keys need to be dropped in price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The look is cartoony. It's a fail hybrid of tab targetting with DDO combat and turns out worse than both. The gear and crafting sucks. It's another boring repetitive themepark. This is a 2005 era game at the most. It is pathetic because there are no good MMORPG games out there right now. Of course this game is from a **** company published by a foreign publisher so whatever.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is saying this game 'owes' them. This game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> plain and simple. The combat is garbage. The PvE is decent fun because it has a good pace but overall it sucks. Pathetically bad game.

Actually I disagree, there are scads of posts claiming entitlement. Funny thing is I have tons of respect for your comment. You don't like the game, that's fine, you won't play it. Your not claiming to be being cheated or ripped off or any such thing. Everyone's tastes are different. I like it, you don't... fair enough and I wish you much fun in some online world somewhere that makes you happy!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

If I felt that way, I would be playing something else instead of hanging out on this game's forum.

I love this game, and hey, I'll keep spending money on it, too! I hope you find one that you enjoy as much as many of us enjoy Neverwinter!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The look is cartoony. It's a fail hybrid of tab targetting with DDO combat and turns out worse than both. The gear and crafting sucks. It's another boring repetitive themepark. This is a 2005 era game at the most. It is pathetic because there are no good MMORPG games out there right now. Of course this game is from a **** company published by a foreign publisher so whatever.

Much respect and you also are entitled to not like the game, but my thread wasn't about saying teh game was awesome, that wasn't the point, still wish you much enjoyment somewhere else...games are for fun and happiness and I hope you find yours so we can both be happy!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This game is for 15 year olds and is a disgrace to the great games of Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale.

If we be adventurers, let us adventure!
  • Options
    finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rather like the game, I don't see what all the issues are.
  • Options
    atlantis212atlantis212 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Then why are you commenting on the forums of a game you won't play? do you have a life? or does crying make your world better?
  • Options
    dildamandildaman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    finnikia wrote: »
    I rather like the game, I don't see what all the issues are.

Same. It's free to play and just got out of beta.
  • Options
    abyssblueabyssblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    its a good speech, and you timed it very well. now there are people reading the boards. in a few months when the playerbase has gone to hell due to the cash shop, all that precious words would have been lost in the wind with noone to read them.

have fun ingame you too... while you still have a game to play

People who actually support the game should have benefits. Enjoy being a freeloader all your life. Maybe instead of being upset with cash-shop, you should be praising it and the people who use it, for allowing the rest of the freeloading world to play this pretty great game without spending a dime.

And PS, this game will undoubtedly be around for quite a while. It's been hyped for a long time, and has lived up to that hype quite well.

So really, you have fun playing whatever mmo that you bandwagon jump on next, and know that we will in-fact be having a blast right here =)
  • Options
    darkallahdarkallah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate this game so much I'm going to devote my free time to ranting on the forums because I'm pissed off the smart people out there are able to appreciate the game's positive qualities! You all suck and need to be less sensible and more cynical. Also, something something cash shop!!!!
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep supporting this game

The more support you give the more love they will give the game.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who likes this game is a baddie ***
  • Options
    muricasuprememuricasupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do like me listen to some old school Pantera. It passes the time easy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    darkallah wrote: »
    I hate this game so much I'm going to devote my free time to ranting on the forums because I'm pissed off the smart people out there are able to appreciate the game's positive qualities! You all suck and need to be less sensible and more cynical. Also, something something cash shop!!!!

Oh yeah??? Well something something downtime to you too!
  • Options
    mikemike Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awsome post!:D
    Dragon:
    Tyria@nestea2015 -> Devoted Cleric (Level is changing because he's being leveled :P )

Beholder:
    Razco@nestea2015 -> Control Wizard (Possible Deletion Immiment)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who likes this game is a baddie ***

And we are also all 15!

(Don't I wish.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like their newer stuff as well RIP dimebag this game is pathetic just a money grab from Wow-turds, but most people are fk dumb so what you gonna do, heres food for thought, not everyone playing games is a teenage nerdgin with mommys credit card, vin diesel played live D&D do you think vin diesel would play this POS game?