test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comming soon?

taluntherattaluntherat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
What is the coming soon class, or have they not announced it yet?

I also noticed a coming soon race too.
Post edited by taluntherat on

Comments

• teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So do your self a solid one, go check out never winter nights, look at all the races and classes. At some point they will have all of them in the MMO.

If I had to guess for the next class I would have to say ranger or warlock, a shaman or warlord is what I would like but I dont seem them coming any time soon.

Something we really havent talk about on the forums are the paragons that are coming soon. I wonder when those new ones will happen so we (those of us that only have one) can start playing around with them.
  • taluntherattaluntherat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I was thinking Ranger, but then what race? Race could be Gnome, then Warlock would make sense.

Personally, I am hoping Ranger. Been the class I played most since I started playing D&D PNP back in 1980.
  • galeighgaleigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Checking the Player's handbook of D&D 4th edition will probably tell you everything that is coming soon, with the supplement classes coming later. Right now I am kinda disappointed in the lack of options for the existing classes (pure ice mages... really?), but I am sure all this will be remedied in time so I am not too ruffled about it.
  • taluntherattaluntherat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I haven't look at 4th edition much. Played 2nd mostly, me being an older <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

But, I do agree, the pure ice mage thing gets me too. The game is still new, I know they will add as time goes on.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would guess ranger for the class. It's the one basic staple not yet represented. Sure, there are other classes, but anything else would be an offshoot of other classes (except maybe monk).
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If memory serves during the beta weekends the forums buzzed with 3 different class possibilities:
    1) A dual blade Ranger- Supposedly a Dev mentioned this one during an interview
    2) An Archer Ranger or some kind of Warlock- Supposedly both of these were datamined from the beta client.

The next race is simple. Cryptic has said a few times that a regular version of Drow will be rolled out 60 days after the game goes live. I am not sure if the open beta counts as live for that time table. . .
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • dingabingdingabing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Drow I think is the race and considering Drizzit Du' Urden, I'd say its a type of Ranger or Warlock.
  • guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock (both strikers) were datamined at some point, yes. And Drow will come for non-Hero of Neverwinter players "soon" yes. After that? You guess is as good as mine. Main book has Dragonborn and Eladrin left for races. Then again, Drow nor Half-Orc are in the first Players Handbook.
    Personally, I'm wishing for Druid at some point for the class and Gnome for race.
    edited May 2013
    So, they have the one Drow now, and they will have another? Dragonborn would be kinda cool.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The class is Archer Ranger, and the race is Drow. Drow will be available 60 days "after launch", which I'm fairly certain means after the start of open beta. Archer Ranger, who knows?
  • sirpratorsirprator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that the class could be a paladin. For me, is the best class. And the races, could be the opposite to the Tiefling. I don't remember the name.
  • r0kkstarrr0kkstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Menzoberran Drow was the exclusive race for Hero pack, they are releasing the standard Drow race to the masses. Slight aesthetic differences.

as for the class, based on how the logo looks, as well as datamined info, I'd be willing to bet its the Ranger. Drow + Ranger kind of go hand in hand in D&D.
  • aridenkanearidenkane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My bet on the class is a Ranger. Personally don't care if it's archer or dual wield. Love me some D&D rangers. My current D&D character is an Archer style Ranger and one of my all-time faves is a dual-wield ranger. So either way I'm happy.

I'm guessing the race is NOT Drow. Can't see them having two versions of the same race. I think the current Drow will be the same Drow everyone gets minus the aesthetic differences the Hero Founders get. So with that in mind I'm thinking probably Dragonborn. My preference would be Eladrin though.

My current D&D character is Eladrin Ranger. Would be awesome to be able to re-create his life in Neverwinter :)
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to Eladrin... it's my favorite 4e race, outside the Deva from PHB2, which I expect we'll be waiting a while to see. And I'm guessing the archer ranger - ranged DPS is something that's missing at the moment. After the archer, I'd guess something outside the striker role, given that we already have two classes that are primarily strikers (GWF and TR). Maybe Paladin, or Psion, or fire mage, or Warlord?
  • trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    galeigh wrote: »
    Checking the Player's handbook of D&D 4th edition will probably tell you everything that is coming soon, with the supplement classes coming later. Right now I am kinda disappointed in the lack of options for the existing classes (pure ice mages... really?), but I am sure all this will be remedied in time so I am not too ruffled about it.

Right, I haven't read it much anywhere, and as it is still in beta, I hold my hopes up, but you're right. PURE ICE MAGE? that just seems so odd. I wont jump on the "game is unfinished" bandwagon yet, as...it's beta....so I know it's unfinished...but I've not seen anything really discussing what's "in the works" for the game. And I really would like more choices to be able to truly tailor a build to my playstyle. Where's my disintegrate? Or staff of fireballs? etc. Not sure the engine will allow for weapon choices such as that, but would be awesome if it did, so it would have even more of a feel of D&D, rather than simply a tera clone skinned in D&D universe. (I like tera, and I like this, just sayin').
  • trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Eladrin... it's my favorite 4e race, outside the Deva from PHB2, which I expect we'll be waiting a while to see. And I'm guessing the archer ranger - ranged DPS is something that's missing at the moment. After the archer, I'd guess something outside the striker role, given that we already have two classes that are primarily strikers (GWF and TR). Maybe Paladin, or Psion, or fire mage, or Warlord?

I'd LOVE to see options like this...there is SO much potential! I'd love to play my Guardian Warlord, or even better, my shadar kai swordmage. There is just SO much potential here that I'm hoping, nay, praying, that they get this right. They're going in the right direction, but it needs to be delivered properly, with alot more content at "release". Though the open beta with no wipe makes it as many have said, a soft release.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid or Paladin. Are there still druids in 4e??
  • drainos1drainos1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The "Halfling" is similar to the "Gnome", the small intelligent race. I want it to be a reptile race like the "Argonian" from Skyrim, and the "Iksar" from Everquest, but I would also like the class to be ranger. I would like to play a Wood Elf Ranger, and make him like Legolas :)
  • drainos1drainos1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like the class to be "Druid", "Archer", or "Necromancer". I also think that a reptile race would be great, like the "Argonian" from Skyrim and the "Iksar" from Everquest. I think it would be pretty cool to have a reptile necromancer, or a wood elf archer/druid. But why not make all three classes, it would just make the game better :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    A War Wizard with the Simbarch of Aglarond paragon path!
    I hope... oh how I hope...
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drainos1 wrote: »
    I would like the class to be "Druid", "Archer", or "Necromancer". I also think that a reptile race would be great, like the "Argonian" from Skyrim and the "Iksar" from Everquest. I think it would be pretty cool to have a reptile necromancer, or a wood elf archer/druid. But why not make all three classes, it would just make the game better :)

You may get your wish for a reptilian type race when Dragonborn show up. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.