What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for loot system.

13»

Comments

• denziyadenziya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    My favorite loot system is random individual loot for everyone. Everyone gets some loot, nobody will be tempted to be a jerk, and nobody will feel like they've been wronged. That way everyone has the same chance to get good loot (or vendor trash).

What's the point of having a need/greed system when you can have individual loot? They're both based on random chance. Just one lacks grief.
    AMEN!! <Did anyone else hear that angelic music playing?> :D
  • ozarka75ozarka75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree instanced loot would be better but working within the confines of whats simple for them to fix greying out the need seems the easiest and most logical to ensure a happy gaming community
  • archimedicarchimedic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 yes, under no circumstance should anyone be able to "need" roll on something they are not able to equip. That is even worse than the players who need roll every drop.
  • dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sacred1337 wrote: »
    +1, classes that cannot use the item should not be able to 'need' roll.

Yes please. I also would like to the stats of the item show up when prompted. I like to know if the item i'm rolling for would actully be better for me. instead I currently have to hit alt, mouse over it just to see what it is. which doesn't work to well with the current system because you are trying to do everything with hot keys.
  • denziyadenziya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have per character loot already in place. We are constantly finding items as we fight mobs in open world that are not available to one but is to another (ie many arrows tokens). We know this for sure since we play in the same room. :D

I think implementing the same type system in instances would be an easy thing to do, and make the game run smoother as well.

I can't tell you how many times we have had a whole screen full of roll on this roll on that (5 or 6 at times). It takes away from the game play. I would just like to run over something and move on or keep fighting, not stopping every other min and rolling on something. See Guild Wars 2 for game loot model :D
  • chubnastychubnasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Yes. This is wonderful. Grey "Need" out for classes who can't use the item.

this.
    10chrtrs
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The random roll is okay, but they should get rid of the need button entirely if they are going to use it.

That creates a false confidence that people will actually work with the system.

If everyone knows up front that they are rolling against people or not even trying, without that third option in th mix, then people that are willing to work together can still work to get loot into the 'right' hands, but groups with a loot ninja won't be so much at that clown's mercy when they show their true colors.

I know that if I am in a PUG and someone says "Need or Pass" up front, I am much happier. Everyone usually just goes need anyway, but we all know it up front.
    Everyone basically becomes a loot ninja, but the environment seems a lot less stressful.

So there are different ways to go:

1) Need/ greed/ pass

2) Want/ pass

3) Need for character class only, greed/ pass for everyone else

4) Weighted want/ pass system, where character class gets a bonus to their roll.

Now I don't really expect a change, but looking at those four options, I think that the current system is the worst of the lot.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sacred1337 wrote: »
    have you got evidence that this is how neverwinter loot system works?

Of course not. It was a suggestion on how to make it so that those who can actually use an item have a better chance of getting the item than a person who cannot use it at all.

Nowhere did I say anything about it being how the system works now.

????????
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MAKE LOOT ****ING BIND ON PICKUP FFS.
    Geez.
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    denziya wrote: »
    They have per character loot already in place. We are constantly finding items as we fight mobs in open world that are not available to one but is to another (ie many arrows tokens). We know this for sure since we play in the same room. :D

I think implementing the same type system in instances would be an easy thing to do, and make the game run smoother as well.

I can't tell you how many times we have had a whole screen full of roll on this roll on that (5 or 6 at times). It takes away from the game play. I would just like to run over something and move on or keep fighting, not stopping every other min and rolling on something. See Guild Wars 2 for game loot model :D

+1 big time.
  • h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It shouldn't be too hard to patch it in. The same system that WoW and Rift use. You CANNOT need on items that aren't useable for your class. This needs to be added asap.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    denziya wrote: »

Yep, exactly. All the popups get annoying. Sure it's easy to quickly hit Shift 1 or Shift 2, but that doesn't mean it's any less annoying. Games should do everything they can to avoid things that annoy the player.