What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 6am Pacific Time 5-3-13

Comments

• Options
    oblivion1627oblivion1627 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well have you thought about how many games they have and have to make maintenance to? they cant do everything at the same time games take time to work out give them timeclosed beta and opened beta are for fixing the problems in game open beta just lets us help them a bit with the probs if theres something we dont like they try to fix it but they arent gods... YET just do the same thing i do when the give maintenance to a game i play another one of their games. easy answer. oh and dont be such a pain in the *** they didnt test correctly? seriously? ide like to see you make a game like the ones this pple do
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hadre514 wrote: »
    all i hear when i see posts like these is "wah wah wah i think this **** should be perfect even though the game is still in beta"

seriously how long do you people think it takes to find bugs and **** in games like these? you get a million people playing a game for 3 days and bugs are gonna arise. Bugs are gonna come around for months considering all the coding that goes into an MMO game. I mean games like WoW still have bugs on old content years after they launch. so seriously dont complain that a game in beta is being brought down for maintence

now im with hadre514 at least someone here understands the hard work and all the trouble this guys are having fixing a NEWLY REALESED GAME
  • Options
    zyanzorzyanzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having trouble with login server. keeps timing out.
  • Options
    rekumrekum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the real kicker to everything here, ALL PWE/Cryptic Games are down. So it's not like Neverwinter went down by itself. Something major had to happen at PWE/Cryptic, or they just left the "new guy" in charge for the night. Give it time, good things come to those who wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on our servers tomorrow morning, May 3, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

We apologize for the recurring maintenance periods. Throughout open beta we have been fortunate enough to continually discover new ways that we can improve the game's performance and server capacity, so we have been working hard to execute on these enhancements as quickly as possible. Our hope is that we will soon be able to transition to a more standard maintenance schedule.

The patch notes will be posted around the time that the maintenance begins.

As always, thanks for being part of the Neverwinter community!

do what you need to do best games dont take 1 day to fix they take a lot of time. so no hurry take your time relax and do your thing you guys are awesome and have the best games ive played Good luck (not that you need it)
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now im with hadre514 at least someone here understands the hard work and all the trouble this guys are having fixing a NEWLY REALESED GAME

it's not newly release.
    It's been in beta for quite some time .
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That's what CLOSED Beta Testing is for. Right now there's thousands of people who PAID already to play this game and they CAN'T cause PWE got LAZY and launched the game TOO SOON
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally In-Topic question:

How do we know when the maintenance is over? Is there an official word (post/thread) or do we have ti activate the launcher just to see if the server is up?
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yramrag wrote: »
    Totally In-Topic question:

How do we know when the maintenance is over? Is there an official word (post/thread) or do we have ti activate the launcher just to see if the server is up?

They have twitter/facebook/maint threads in this forum for when it's going. And they post updates, and usually post when their back online too. So you're good to go
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    lyngbakrlyngbakr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...So no one sees the clue here about closed beta and Open beta? I mean, OPEN beta? open for everyone, which will increase the amount of players just because it's open....

Let's try to make it more simple;
    Closed - only the ones who pay for founder or got lucky with a Key. = less people = less load on the server (good enough with 3 servers)
    Open - Does not require anything at all to gain entry = More people = more load on the servers (it's only 3 servers)

Not sure if i want to call this a "released game" just because it went into open beta.
  • Options
    docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on our servers tomorrow morning, May 3, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

The definition of Maintenance: "The process of maintaining or preserving someone or something"

Seems to me we need FIXenance--we surely don't want the current setup maintained!

While on this topic. I notice that the logon page has a SERVER BUTTON. Unfortunately, the button is usually RED--but even when it's GREEN I don't get in. Why not just hard code it RED? At least that way it would be accurate most of the time.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant you switch the maintenance ONCE to be a bit more european friendly - we always get ****ed - on the currency and price side as well as on the server maintenance side - it startes to bite
  • Options
    masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    HEY WE CURRENTLY CANNOT LOGIN NOW AND WILL HAVE ANOTHER MAINTENANCE IN 9 HOURS....?

OH SOUNDS NICE. WHAT DID I PAY FOR....?
    NON-PLAYABLE GAME?

Better catch up this with doing event. YOU WILL LOOSE SOME CUSTOMERS
  • Options
    lyngbakrlyngbakr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant you switch the maintenance ONCE to be a bit more european friendly - we always get ****ed - on the currency and price side as well as on the server maintenance side - it startes to bite

What do you mean by getting bummed on the server maintenance? It started 3-4 in the morning! in my eyes that's the best time for maintenance, because of less players online.
  • Options
    hjorlwulfhjorlwulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those on the other side of the pond - Cryptic is based in California - so the regular people, the ones with the major responsibility to update/maintain all of their games are on during US pacific time - whether it be standard or daylight savings. They already start really early when they say 0600 their time - that means everyone came in at 0500 or earlier to get ready. That be enough of a consideration for us for me - having been in that situation entirely too many times in my career in IT.
    "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

"Dan and Cryptic have spoken out the sides of their mouths so much I expect beads, whiskey and Polio blankets for the KDF any day now." - Roach
  • Options
    vauzvauz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have one small question will yal be working on the reaction time of the game in dodging and blocking as ive noticed i have to stop attacking completely to block or dodge and i feel as action mmo should be able to do this at any given time whether im mid skill or mid attack... also would like to toggle keys like switching my shift with my right click.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    it's not newly release.
    It's been in beta for quite some time .
    ... its basically new its still beta meaning its not complete
  • Options
    darksouleaterdarksouleater Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't connect right now
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    god ****ing ****, fix your **** already
  • Options
    avivvvavivvv Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long ?
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyngbakr wrote: »
    What do you mean by getting bummed on the server maintenance? It started 3-4 in the morning! in my eyes that's the best time for maintenance, because of less players online.

servers down right now - its morning in eu, i cant play.... once the servers are up i might be able to log in for a short while until the next maintenance hits in the middle of the day - basically another day which is mostly taken out of the picture...i understand and have seen myself frequent maintenances in the beginning of a new mmo - but they really have a lot of issues
  • Options
    cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    The definition of Maintenance: "The process of maintaining or preserving someone or something"

Seems to me we need FIXenance--we surely don't want the current setup maintained!

According to what I learned in a textbook once, there are four types of maintenance:
    Corrective – fix errors
    Adaptive – adding new functionality
    Perfective – improving performance
    Preventative – reduce chances of future system failure

I think they're doing a great job. I really appreciate their frequent Twitter updates.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    sinkirbysinkirby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This going to be up sometime this year? This is starting to make me appreciate the $15 month thing...that's "supposed" to be dead. Maybe you just suck? Not like ever mmo in history has had "launch" problems....oh sorry "beta" problems.
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can't stand wasting my time. money i have to spend, but my time is more valuable to me...and thanks for wasting it. just give me a ban, so i can't come back here anymore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cwiyk13 wrote: »
    According to what I learned in a textbook once, there are four types of maintenance:
    Corrective

whats the type when you spill coffee over your servers?
  • Options
    mortyrbcnmortyrbcn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in 2 days, i only can play aprox 6-7 hours, because the server was on maintenance for 3 times.
  • Options
    walis65walis65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every other maintenance should be EU friendly time. Half of players are here !!!:mad: Now it always just when people come from work.
  • Options
    suslikwishsuslikwish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there still be downtime tomorrow or will you be fixing those issues during today's unexpected downtime?
  • Options
    shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long are maintenance usually?

Is it estimated time frame, or open ended "be done when its done"
  • Options
    dreforumdreforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how long left till the maintenance is over? anyone got a update yet?