test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance, 6am Pacific Time 5-3-13

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello Everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on our servers tomorrow morning, May 3, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

We apologize for the recurring maintenance periods. Throughout open beta we have been fortunate enough to continually discover new ways that we can improve the game's performance and server capacity, so we have been working hard to execute on these enhancements as quickly as possible. Our hope is that we will soon be able to transition to a more standard maintenance schedule.

The patch notes will be posted around the time that the maintenance begins.

As always, thanks for being part of the Neverwinter community!

UPDATE: We were able to perform this update during the downtime. This maintenance is officially canceled.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would rather have a maintenance every day then a broken game everyday. Keep it up.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would rather they didnt update in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY or when everyone gets off work. But yes, please update :-D just..choose better times.
  • readerureaderu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys need to buy a few PCs to improve the server D: Cuz a lot of players is coming to play NW, and they expect see a stable game...
  • jroutjrout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    broddr wrote: »
    Would rather they didnt update in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY or when everyone gets off work. But yes, please update :-D just..choose better times.

Middle of the day lol? 6AM is hardly that, most people are not even awake at that point.
  • mickaboy72mickaboy72 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't connect right now =[
  • bsahrensbsahrens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    readeru wrote: »
    I think you guys need to buy a few PCs to improve the server D: Cuz a lot of players is coming to play NW, and they expect see a stable game...

Its still in beta. The whole point of beta is to find and work out the bugs
  • llamaskater90llamaskater90 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would rather have a maintenance every day then a broken game everyday. Keep it up.

*Searches for like button*
    ^_^ I completely agreee!
  • umbrax13umbrax13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher is broken again :[
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA for how long the maintenance will take? Thank you!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • aegaminaegamin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did the maintenance start early? I'm unable to get on and it's 7:15 PST 5/2.
  • llamaskater90llamaskater90 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loving the game! I understand at this stage these things are bound to happen, I cant wait to get back into the game. Keep up the great work! in the mean time.... I'm going to play Dragons Dogma!
  • darkantaresdarkantares Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server is down now?
  • drool01drool01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typo 6 PM?
  • mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance wasn't scheduled until 6 AM pst on the 3rd. It's still only the 2nd, again PST.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Eek, double post. Sorry, forum is a little under load.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • zyanzorzyanzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure they have it under control. After all it is beta :cool:

I'll play some PoE in the mean time.
  • jsong89jsong89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeappp on the same page there... but awesome game. doesnt neverwinter feel like wow meets diablo
  • originxpliceoriginxplice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word on how long this maintenance will be?
  • champvermillionchampvermillion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... is a beta, solving bugs/ errors that they shouldn't appear at launch is part of the beta. So, thanks for doing everything you can to stablize the server.
  • mercurysteammercurysteam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah servers are down at the moment. Hopefully will be up in the next few hours.
  • abe107abe107 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umbrax13 wrote: »
    My launcher is broken again :[
    Same here :(
    Can't even play blacklight retribution
  • vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was shopping on AH, loaded up sum Zen mullah, disconnected with hours of waiting patiently. fook me, fook me very much
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would rather they released a fixed, tweak, stable, optimised 'open beta' client instead of this bull****.
    Say Cryptic, whatever happened to all the feedback and data you accumulated during those alpha/beta tests?

What, what was that, the cash shop is working as intended? Nothing to see here boys and girls.
  • vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny, all you do is mention money and wullah, problem fixed
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... is a beta, solving bugs/ errors that they shouldn't appear at launch is part of the beta. So, thanks for doing everything you can to stablize the server.

this rubbish should've been sorted back in the alpha/betas. Not at 'Open Beta' launch.
  • revelation0xrevelation0x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maintenance, i can understand...but can't you guys post an estimated ending time so i don't have to sit here endlessly launching and relaunching the game to check if the servers are back up? =(
    great game so far, btw.
  • oblivion1627oblivion1627 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I just wanted to say that this game is great it has great movement the player doesnt do the same thing everytime it uses a skill its well very dinamic everytime the skill is used it does something diferent like if it was a real battle everything of this game i like a lot but my only problem with it its the graphics i have my pc with HD for every game i play and well the image in this one is a little too blurry and well the cities are awesome the way they are at the moment but the surroundings the enviroment is laking life for example in the game of Perfectworld everything is very alive and very well defined it feels real but this game the trees the mobs lak definition everything else is perfect about it the skills are great the classes are very interesting the gear too everything but the graphic if you could make them a lil better not so blurry that will be great. ty
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This kind of **** should of been taken care of in closed beta.. But since they half asked their CBT to a few weekends, this is what you get.. People will quit cause of this though, really. With how many crashes and problems that have happened because they didn't test correctly.

Is there going to be a group trying to fix this through the night? or you guys just going to try somethings in the morning? If they're going to call quits for the night that's just because they're not willing to pay their employees for the over time :\
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • hadre514hadre514 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This kind of **** should of been taken care of in closed beta.. But since they half asked their CBT to a few weekends, this is what you get.. People will quit cause of this though, really. With how many crashes and problems that have happened because they didn't test correctly.

Is there going to be a group trying to fix this through the night? or you guys just going to try somethings in the morning? If they're going to call quits for the night that's just because they're not willing to pay their employees for the over time :\

all i hear when i see posts like these is "wah wah wah i think this **** should be perfect even though the game is still in beta"

seriously how long do you people think it takes to find bugs and **** in games like these? you get a million people playing a game for 3 days and bugs are gonna arise. Bugs are gonna come around for months considering all the coding that goes into an MMO game. I mean games like WoW still have bugs on old content years after they launch. so seriously dont complain that a game in beta is being brought down for maintence
  • oblivion1627oblivion1627 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well have you thought about how many games they have and have to make maintenance to? they cant do everything at the same time games take time to work out give them timeclosed beta and opened beta are for fixing the problems in game open beta just lets us help them a bit with the probs if theres something we dont like they try to fix it but they arent gods... YET just do the same thing i do when the give maintenance to a game i play another one of their games. easy answer. oh and dont be such a pain in the *** they didnt test correctly? seriously? ide like to see you make a game like the ones this pple do