test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you guys even test these dungeons?

Comments

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is just so much bad in this thread I don't know where to start.

First off..The person who is bragging about GWF at higher levels. Well that is Higher levels not now. Because of the nerf they are trash tier at low levels.

He was really close at being downed. If you would have not had a GWF you could have done it. However, I'm starting to think the op was the GWF. That is the reason why you could not down them. You was holding them back.

This is not a DND type game. It is not based on story, This is a wow light clone. It is bring the class not the player..and if you did not have weaker dps you could have done it.

Be it right or wrong does not matter. I'm just trying to help you, if you are a GWF stay out of dungeons until 40+ please. Thank you for not wasting peoples time.

So you want all classes to be top tier at all levels and roflstop all dungeons? Try the dungeon with the wolf boss. A GWF and I(TR) cleared the boss 2 man and that was around level 42, not top tier. Maybe it's the players not the game that's the problem. I see people *****ing about TR having high dps in dungeons? 10-30 dungeons I've topped dps against TRs with a GF. You all need to stfu and play the game. Forums aren't about *****ing. Leave some ****ing feedback with more detail like misterianus or gtfo.

Neverwinter is still Open Beta, if you like games with your style of play go find it elsewhere, there're plenty of games out there that you may find easier and more appealing to you. To fox, go play Archeage if you like KR mmos so much.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    So you want all classes to be top tier at all levels and roflstop all dungeons? Try the dungeon with the wolf boss. A GWF and I(TR) cleared the boss 2 man and that was around level 42, not top tier. Maybe it's the players not the game that's the problem. I see people *****ing about TR having high dps in dungeons? 10-30 dungeons I've topped dps against TRs with a GF. You all need to stfu and play the game. Forums aren't about *****ing. Leave some ****ing feedback with more detail like misterianus or gtfo.

Neverwinter is still Open Beta, if you like games with your style of play go find it elsewhere, there're plenty of games out there that you may find easier and more appealing to you. To fox, go play Archeage if you like KR mmos so much.

See people like this can't be reason with, but I will try my best.

You are wrong, you should feel bad, and stop posting what you don't understand.

At the level of this dungeon, GWF are trash still, I don't know about higher after that because I just laughed and rerolled a Guardian.
    Second off, What is my style? I'm just stating facts about why his group wiped, and you get so upset about it.

What I wanted from this game, was a Rich RPG mmo, that has the lore and one of the greatest rpg settings of all time. I wanted tons of RP options, and story driving content. I don't to just easily roll through a dungeon, but at the same time. I don't want a class. GWF, to hold back a group because the devs don't know how to balance a AOE warrior.

In a DND game, the journey to get to higher levels is apart of the lure of DnD your char sitting in a Tarven telling tells about his last adventure while waiting for the story to start rolling. It was that fun.

GWF is bad design and bad for groups at 30ish and that is Mid ****ing game tier.
  • Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Double post.
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dragon boss is a bit more difficult than the average fight, but I pugged it earlier today. 2 rogues, 2 mages, 1 cleric. Wasn't boring or tedious at all.
  • Options
    snooseysnoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed the dragon fight... That was my favorite fight so far it was actually challenging. I am hoping the next dungeons are just as difficult. There are adds which you need to peel, there are a lot of dodging from the adds aoe and the boss. It was a great encounter, but since the bads can't handle it it will get nerfed :/
  • Options
    tashy2012tashy2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Similar to lurk and rie, I did this in a pug as a lvl 32 GF.

Having said that we were defeated the first time round. D:

Like in TERA, the challenge of the fight is more to do with understanding the mechanics, teamwork, and playing ur class well.

I tanked the dragon in the corner so his AoEs and down-the-line breath attacks were focused on me and above all away from the rest of my group.

The rest of my team were on the other side killing the adds, drawing any adds on the healer or me away from us, and focusing the ranged adds first as the melee can be kited or the non-elite adds.

Once a wave of adds were killed, we focused on the boss (the tank shouldn't attack the boss during the adds phase otherwise he/she may trigger another wave of adds) until we triggered the next wave of adds.

Other than that, you should be fine.

Bring pots too!

Honestly, I think the fight is great! it was so challenging that it was fun! The dungeons before lair of the mad dragon were so easy that I was worried Neverwinter wasn't going to be challenging i.e. fun at all, but this dungeon instilled hope that perhaps it will be challenging / rewarding after all!
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The encounters are fine.. people just have to learn to play the game and their character. BTW run with a premade and it will be easier. PUGs are bad...
  • Options
    sacred1337sacred1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snoosey wrote: »
    I enjoyed the dragon fight... That was my favorite fight so far it was actually challenging. I am hoping the next dungeons are just as difficult. There are adds which you need to peel, there are a lot of dodging from the adds aoe and the boss. It was a great encounter, but since the bads can't handle it it will get nerfed :/

+1, the dungeon is challenging, but not ridiculous.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrfoxx wrote: »
    Just spend 25minutes on chartilifax or whatever the last dragon bosses name is in the level 34 dungeon just to wipe at 20%.

The dude has an insane amount of add, not including the unccable ones at the endand a ridiculous amount of hit points. I noticed this int he skirmishes as well, ridiculously high amounts of hit points on the bosses, whats the deal? Is that what makes content challenging, me sitting here and mindlessly clicking on a mob for 15 to 20minutes?

Every boss in every dungeon so far has been high hit-points and WAVE upon WAVE of adds. Are you for real?i cant wait to see the end game dungeons if the level 34 dungeons are about fighting one giant boss in the middle of 3000 adds.

Personally I like that there is actually some of a challenge to this game, even though the bosses are still very easy to solo (currently 42 and still leveling . . . or will be when the servers come back up LOL). It annoys the blazes out of me in a lot of MMOs recently that have bosses that you can down in 10 seconds even when soloing. Neverwinter bosses actually make it feel like a small battle of some sort instead of "poke . . . poke . . . you're dead . . . now gimme lootz . . "

EVERY class in this game has GREAT crowd control if you spec properly, though granted I have only gotten my Cleric, Rogue and Wizzy up into the 30's/40's so far, so I have yet to see the full potential of the fighter classes as they are only 20-ish.
    samanthya wrote: »
    This isn't wow, this isn't wow, this isn't wow.

Think old school vanilla wow or BC. You have to use cc, focus target and actually peel off and kill the adds. It's hard only if you think, burn the boss burn the boss burn the boss. If you stop dps on the boss, focus down the adds then you can clear it consistently.

It's definitely not designed for those who are use to the wow aoe zerge fest mentality of MMO's.

*edit* Wanted to add in a bit more here.

For all higher level content the bosses are not the same at all. They all get MUCH harder with multiple styles of attacks. Wait til you're fighting a boss that will disable, slow, summon adds and hit for thousands an attack. Then add in the adds that also mimic the boss but to a slightly less degree, including summoning adds of their own.

You can easily wind up with 20-40 adds simply because you left the mage mobs each summon 3+ other mobs without stopping dps on the boss, lowering his hps, pushing him to the next add phase, resulting in 2-3 more mages summong 3+ mobs... I think you see where I'm going with this.

Use either the in game voice, or voice chat outside of the game to communicate. At the very least type out a plan, who's going to OT, who's going to pick the targets and who's going to peel off the boss to kill said targets.

Precisely what I was also going to point out, but worded REALLY well here by Samanthya. I absolutely love that I have to think strategy and that the bosses change it up in these higher levels. Yes, they all have adds (most do anyway), but with or without adds I have found myself constantly reassessing my strategy for each encounter. It keeps me thinking, and it keeps me interested.
    ~snipped first part of quote~ . . . I don't run dungeons pre epic for the gear because it will be replaced. I run them to learn my class better, learn the game better, and to enjoy the challenge of organizing a pug and winning the fight.

This . . . precisely this . . . :)
    There is just so much bad in this thread I don't know where to start.

First off..The person who is bragging about GWF at higher levels. Well that is Higher levels not now. Because of the nerf they are trash tier at low levels.

He was really close at being downed. If you would have not had a GWF you could have done it. However, I'm starting to think the op was the GWF. That is the reason why you could not down them. You was holding them back.

This is not a DND type game. It is not based on story, This is a wow light clone. It is bring the class not the player..and if you did not have weaker dps you could have done it.

Be it right or wrong does not matter. I'm just trying to help you, if you are a GWF stay out of dungeons until 40+ please. Thank you for not wasting peoples time.

As usual, you have no clue how to play a class, so you troll about how terrible it is because you could not master it 5 minutes after you rolled it.

~shrug~ I agree that it is good that you re-rolled . . . because you obviously suck at GWF. I happen to know from experience that GWF is just fine both in and out of groups in a variety of team related events in this game, including dungeons. People need to stop crying "nerf" because they can't plan or think about their skills and start owning up to the fact that maybe they just don;t play a class very well. It's sad that when someone does not succeed at a class, they become closed minded and shun everyone else who plays that class. Sounds more like jealousy and envy to me. It also sounds like the wisest choice is that, regardless of class, if YOU ever end up in a group then it's YOU that should be kicked for wasting people's time. ~shrug~

Now this is where he will reply and say I am getting upset, but I am not. This is one of those threads that passes the time while waiting for the servers to get fixed from whatever has them down, and once they are up everyone is going to forget this silly thread anyway :)

See you all in game, and do enjoy the challenges that await you ;)
  • Options
    medan007medan007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This fight was rather long and difficult, but the pug I was in was able to one shot the boss. As the cleric in the group, the adds were very frustrating and I actually fell a few times, but a friendly CW brought me back. It's doable, but the toughest I've done so far.
  • Options
    syto514syto514 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oooo1111 wrote: »
    The four times Ive fought the boss I just kited all the adds around for 10 minutes as a wizard because guardian fighters are useless and claim they can't hold aggro on more than one add at a time (seriously four separate guardians said that). I feel sorry for healers in this boss as everyone is always out of range.

I can safely say they can't. GF are either not designed to hold all the mobs and/or Clerics generate an extreme amount of aggro. For this particular fight, if I even tried to pull all the adds' aggro, I would die nearly as fast as the cleric. Then you gotta worry about holding the boss and getting out of his aoes.

For this boss, you have to kill the the adds first, tanking the boss is trivial. You just have to stop him from aoeing the group while they burn adds. Adds die, cleric heals, everyone on boss, then repeat.

I beat this guy last night on the second try and I was only a lvl 31 GF. None of us were above 34 and we didn't even have a CW for aoes. Just two TRs and a GWF. I found it challenging, but far from impossible or even "overtuned".
  • Options
    tashy2012tashy2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think u r even penalized for holding agro (EDIT: i.e. tanking) on too many adds due to combat advantage so ur GF will literally melt from the double dmg that everoyne has when attacking the GF. A GF can have 35% combat advantage reduction via feats but when you have too many adds it seems like it doesn't help.

Nevertheless, it is true that GF can't hold agro that well on multiple targets, maybe the first MMO i've played where that is the case. Then again, i think this is the first dungeons and dragons MMO where tanking multiple adds = bad idea due to combat advantage D&D mechanics.

EDIT: Also, too many adds destroy a GF's shield so basically he/she has to tank "naked" which again is a bad idea, and you can't recover guard efficiently off of multiple targets. I'm starting to think tanks don't do well in a D&D environment! :3

Having said that, GFs are great for tanking bosses! :P
  • Options
    ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Beatable if you focus the adds. It's hard, but doable.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • Options
    snooobsnooob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want an easy game go play WoW. This game is challenging, and I love it that way.
  • Options
    silidonssilidons Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i bet the same people complaining about this, are the ones who say that "vanilla wow wasn't even hard...just no one knew how to play video games then" TROLOLOL

welcome to old school boys
  • Options
    bluelightninglaibluelightninglai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did this with 1 tank and 3 other rouges and **** ton of pots. not hard at all. killed on first attempt.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fail players calling it a fail dungeon

softies go back to runescape
  • Options
    ternesyavternesyav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (...) Think old school vanilla [any MMO] (...)

This is the only relevent point in this post.

Here is how this story is going to end: The classes will get buffed, and the mobs will get nerfed.

I know it, you know it, the dev's know it, the old man who sits sagaciously on the mountain top knows it (though he's never played an MMO...)

I GOT AN IDEA!!! Since Cryptic is going to do this eventually anyways, WHY NOT DO IT NOW????

MMO is MMO of MMO until the end of MMO-time. It has not changed and never will change. It is too hard at the start (for most) and is nerfed later on down the road to increase sales (or whatever marketing excuse is used).

While you're at it, lets make Paragon and Feats make sense and do something useful. This too is another thing we KNOW will change.

It does not matter if you are in favour of this or against it. EVERYBODY KNOWS ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. Its as sure as the sun rising and setting.

{P.S.: A good friend of mine who has waaay too much experience with MMOs (he's given up on them all-together) says that they do this on purpose in order to prevent players from burning through the content too quickly. Though there is no way to prove this, it sounds reasonable.}
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh . . . wrong. There's nothing hard about any fights in this game . . . at any level. And preventing burn through? No. They didn't even come close. If you'll recall, there were level 60's roaming around within 2-3 days of launch. On the 25th the servers launched. On the 27th I saw my first level 60 roaming around Protector's Enclave. The ONLY reason I don't have level 60 yet is I am leveling all of my characters at once AND I actually take the time to read the lore and dialogs in this game, soaking in everything like a nice, interactive book.

I could be a jerk and say that if they nerf anything, they need to nerf the players. Make the content challenging. But I don't think either way. The challenges are nice for everyone, easy for the casual player but still interesting enough for the MMO addict.
  • Options
    malulfmalulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, was going to type out how things could be worse, then was thinking maybe give out some helpful advice, but after seeing your responses. Instead I'll just jump on the "l2p" bandwagon.
  • Options
    matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm quitting until they do a hotfix for GWF and so are my friends. I'd rather play another game than hit like a wet noodle and use 40 potions per dungeon with a class that is somehow, so ****ing bad.

Bye. I play a level 60 GWF in Epics (Including this one) and it's not nearly as bad as you say it is. Either get a coordinated group or get out.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • Options
    clacksonclackson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found the dragon pretty doable. Took a while, but that's what cc is for.

I had a blast as a control wizard.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    mrfoxx wrote: »
    How about you make the boss do the work? Why is the biggest threat in a boss fight the amount of adds he spawns? If thats the case why have a boss at all? Maybe you should play tera and take notes on how the koreans design a boss in an action based game, then come back and tell me the only way to make bosses hard is the send adds.
    Maybe you need a hobby.
  • Options
    garbadukegarbaduke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Control wizard here. I had no problem tanking the dragon and throwing DPS at adds. Get your guardian to tank the melee adds and learn to dodge.
  • Options
    ternesyavternesyav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh . . . wrong. There's nothing hard about any fights in this game . . . at any level. And preventing burn through? No. They didn't even come close. If you'll recall, there were level 60's roaming around within 2-3 days of launch. On the 25th the servers launched. On the 27th I saw my first level 60 roaming around Protector's Enclave. The ONLY reason I don't have level 60 yet is I am leveling all of my characters at once AND I actually take the time to read the lore and dialogs in this game, soaking in everything like a nice, interactive book.

I could be a jerk and say that if they nerf anything, they need to nerf the players. Make the content challenging. But I don't think either way. The challenges are nice for everyone, easy for the casual player but still interesting enough for the MMO addict.

This is absolutely irrelevent - and since you are an MMO addict, you know it.

They WILL nerf the content. They ALWAYS nerf the content.

Seeing (x) number of level 60's is anecdotal evidence and does not reflect the experience of other, more vocal, players.

"Casual" is the norm - MMO addicts are not the bread'n'butter of these companies. We know this because every company that carries MMO's make changes to accomodate those "Casual" players.

I feel bad for the 'hardcore' (as in, those who don't think of themselves as "casual") players. They WILL nerf the dungeons. It is inevitable. They always do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    matzera wrote: »
    Bye. I play a level 60 GWF in Epics (Including this one) and it's not nearly as bad as you say it is. Either get a coordinated group or get out.

If all the people like him "get out" then you won't have a game to run your marvelous level 60 GWF in Epics. Just food-for-thought.

Remember, "leets": You are the MINORITY. Please be polite and respectful of the MAJORITY. They will get what they want. You won't.
  • Options
    oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    i love how people keep telling those complaining to go play WoW. Back when I played WoW in 2004 in 2005 (when it was good) we used to spend hour after hour wiping out, run back, and repeat over and over and over again in order to progress. I remember server-firsting UBRS - took 12 hours lol. I enjoy the difficulty of a boss like chartilifax but I should still be able to beat it with a pickup group. I guess my problem is that the servers are not regionally seperated or seprated by language. Every group ive been in has had at least 2 players who never ever speak or type or don't speak English.

Now THAT is frustrating.

Guess I should expect such things from a game that is just a cash grab.... ****'ll probably dead in 6 months...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ternesyav wrote: »
    This is absolutely irrelevent - and since you are an MMO addict, you know it.

They WILL nerf the content. They ALWAYS nerf the content.

Seeing (x) number of level 60's is anecdotal evidence and does not reflect the experience of other, more vocal, players.

"Casual" is the norm - MMO addicts are not the bread'n'butter of these companies. We know this because every company that carries MMO's make changes to accomodate those "Casual" players.

I feel bad for the 'hardcore' (as in, those who don't think of themselves as "casual") players. They WILL nerf the dungeons. It is inevitable. They always do.

Actually . . . I am a casual player. I have a very full life outside of game and believe it or not ~gasp~ I know these are pixels and not real :)

And you speak as if it would bother me if they nerf it. Not really. It won't bother me too much . . . because by the time they nerf it I will have already enjoyed all the content and will be happily awaiting the next expansion or game title :) And so will even the most casual of players.

But . . . servers are back up, and this thread like most will be forgotten in an hour or so. :) See you in game as we kill more easy yet fun bosses :)
  • Options
    matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He says that I wanted to leave, so let him leave. I'd rather have 60% of the population playing now remain that love and want to play the game than 100% of the population playing with 40% that complain endlessly.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct, It is the reason I rerolled.

Quit so easy. All it took was a min maxing elitist balance issue.