test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Good, The bad, and the Ridiculous.

powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
To begin, this is obviously a very long post with the purpose of giving my initial impression of this game. I do it with every MMO I play and with the hope that developers see my reasoning and make changes to improve the experience as a whole.

This is not a rage post, this is a fair first impressions review. At this point I have a level 20 Guardian Fighter which I am enjoying.

I would like to take the time to thank the community moderators and devs for their time on these forums. More often than not with most MMOs there is an unacceptable lack of communication with the player base about problems and timelines. So it is a breath of fresh air to see you in most threads answering questions for new players.

I am no newbie when it comes to PWE games. Since PWI I've probably spent over $2000 in their collective cash shops over the years. It might seem like a lot but over a period of time it really adds up, and I know I am still not near that 5% that has spent well over $10,000.

What I have come to believe is that PWE has always pushed the limit that is player consideration of the free to play model. I mean to say that before any concept or idea is put into motion, a price goal is set. I'll talk more about this in the third section of this post.

The Good.

The first thing that hits me as I play this game is nostalgia. Sure, this isn't really D&D. But I was a huge fan of the Neverwinter RPG games and to be back in Neverwinter, seeing the city map with travel icons, really hits home for me.

The tutorial area is very short. This is a HUGE plus for me. With games like TERA I simply couldn't make alts because it took way too long to get through the starter area. Neverwinter throws you straight into the city's story as soon as level 4.

The combat system is good. You can tell that any limiting factors are intended, giving the impression that a lot of consideration was put into it. It may not feel as "fluid" as GW2 but it is just as satisfying none the less.

The environments are spectaclar! The music and design of the dungeons are really well done and immersion is no problem at all, completely effortless.

The game does have a few bugs but nothing that I've found game breaking. The log-in queue error on the first day is sadly the one thing keeping people from raving that this game has had the smoothest MMO launch in history.

The Foundry is obviously one of the strongest points to Neverwinter. Giving players this tool will keep this MMO popular for a long time.

Lastly I'd like to point out that the story so far is actually pretty interesting. That is saying a lot coming from me. Over the last few years I've been less and less interested in quest dialog in MMOs and have found myself just clicking through them quickly. But Neverwinter has me slowing down again to read/listen to what's actually going on.

The Bad.

Well, for most people the first thing they'll notice is the lack of... good customization with the character creator. Sure the design isn't that great but I mean to say that I had spent a lot more time making characters on the old Neverwinter RPGs than here. Slapping in a custom biography box that most people wont care to read is no good substitute either.

There is not enough variety of equipment models in the game.

I realize the auto group tool is really convenient but I find that it hinders community interaction. I tried it a few times already and find myself yet again spamming through a dungeon with people without a single word being said between anyone.

The loot system needs to give need priority to items only usable by certain classes. Especially with the auto group tool. Players can need everything and don't have to worry about any community labeling for their bad manners at all.

The Ridiculous

I immediately want to point out that this game is crowned as having the most obvious and silly cash grabs ever attempted by PWE.

First lets talk about the Founders packs. If I were to put myself in a publishers shoes and came up with the 3 options PWE did for paying into the game, I could only imagine it happening like this.

First I would think of the $19.99 and $59.99, and how I could make them reasonable. Now before I would even consider what I'd offer to players for these two prices, I'd understand if people simply wanted to pay $59.99 out of sheer appreciation for a good game. That is totally reasonable. That is also why I am a Guardian of Neverwinter.

But then this $200 comes into play and throws a wrench into things. $200 to say you love a game and you think it deserves it? Why not? That is totally fine. But the moment you add special benefits to players that wall off the rest of the community, is the moment you cross a terrible line. I am talking about the queue dodging system, and the Drow race being a privilege only to these buyers.

The queue dodging system is no longer a factor yes, but it still annoyed a lot of players none the less. Especially those who paid for the $59.99 pack.

But the Drow lock is the equivalent of the new and VERY CRITICALLY HATED practice that is day one DLC. With every game that releases a new game and charges more for content on the same day, there is a massive backlash from the community that leaves a clear burn mark on every review for those games.

It is very clear to me that the Drow was purposely made unavailable to the rest of the community for the sole purpose of getting more people to buy the $200 founder pack. I don't care if it's going to be available in 60 days anyways, that doesn't fool anyone into some sense of appreciation for it. Not when it only takes a few days to hit level cap anyways.

The next ridiculous topic I want to talk about are the Nightmare Boxes. Ok PWE, we know that your beloved scam lottery boxes have always been your biggest income. When you release a mount that is a flat $20 dollars and seems expensive... and that same mount as a possible reward in a lottery box worth only 50 cents! Except people open hundreds of the things and still don't get the mount.

Yes I know tons of people are getting the Nightmare Mount, but that is not the point. The Nightmare Mount never had a value to begin with. They've come up with a better way to get money from players by flipping the system to be more of an inconvenience for them. Before in PWE games, you would simply buy lottery boxes from the cash shop and right click them if you wanted to test your luck. Player driven masochism that only they could be blamed for.

But now instead, these magic boxes drop randomly off mobs and fly right into your inventory. Now you have to look at these boxes all day because you can't discard them. You only have two options, to buy keys from the cash shop to open the boxes or list them on the Auction House, where only people buying the keys are willing to buy the boxes from you.

GW2 got away with it because you could discard the boxes. By design that makes perfect sense. So either they need to be discard-able, or PWE needs to get rid of the keys and add the boxes back to the cash shop again.

I paid about $2000 to this company total in a few games where it was always my choice to spend the money. I was never required to pay into new content either. This is something new and it goes over the line for me.

So yes, I've given my $60 in total appreciation for the gaming experience, but it stops there until these new practices find themselves out the door.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by powersoul on

Comments

• powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shameless Bump!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverias7silverias7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post. The only thing I have to add is that some of the dungeons seem a but too easy so far. The Foundry content makes it all worthwhile.
  • turkman84turkman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not much to add. Decent game, but the cash shop and its pricing are really a bitter pill to swallow (especially the bags are really maddening).
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    Very well put. I honestly can't add anything to this.
  • ilumiinaughtyilumiinaughty Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post.
  • ledarrledarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was looking at the Zen shop to day, pondering WTF am I going to do, I noticed that my companion you get at lvl 16 can only lvl to lvl 15, the Panther will lvl to 30, but so far he sucks wind in terms of dealing damage away from my Control wizard. I looked at companions figuring the blue or purple will have higher levels, but 20$ for a blue and 30$ for a purple, come on, that sucks wind. You could as an alternative get higher level companions through your celestral coins, but the purple guy was 365 coins, the coins as you may notice you get the warning that if you don't log in at least 1 every 24 hours you will lose the coins. That means playing everyday for a full year. I have alife outside games and do go away on vacation.

The bags, 10$ for a virual bag even games that are f2P have crafted bags, so why is this game an exception. This game has way to much currency, seals, traiditioinal gold which other than a few items is next to useless, Astral Diamonds, which are easy to get, but unless you are a founder or guardian getting the 600,000 need for something is a bit much. I loooked at zen today to trade my AD for, and 1300 zen for 1.6 million AD, yeah right. I guess we have to wait until the economy dies and the founders and guardians spend everything.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The 200 buck guys are needed, who is going to support us freeloaders?
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The coins for the angel dont go away if u dont log in. Its the other coin, with the tiered rewards, that go away if you.dont log in.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • teodorchooteodorchoo Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Seeing the amount of skins in CO which is also by cryptic i expeted to see more armor models in DDO NW too but i only see people running around in same gear im lvl 16 and i still look like lvl 1 gear
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good feedback

I do not mind the drow being locked to buy --- coming from both turbine mmos (lotro and DDO) I am used to races and classes being locked behind a paywall. That is the least of my concerns. The shard only AH is worse IMHO, unable to auction items or buy items without buying currency or reaching a high level ?! You can't even sell gear under level 15 for 1 shard BO price if 99.999% of the players are free to play folks with 0 shards, can you? Its not a big deal as you can get your shards after a day or 2 of play (if you focused on one toon anyway.... doh) but the existence of a way around a bad system does not make it any less of a bad system.

The lockboxes and keys are idiotic, as noted. I guess you could sell them in the AH.... if anyone had shards ....
  • isilikisilik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "200 buck guys" aren't needed, they're like a burst income for the company with this game. If it isn't evident, the company already had the money to make the game, there was no necessity for a pricey founder's package. They chose to add it, to offer an option to people that wanted to throw 200 dollars at a game they've never played before to support it in its early stages.

Not all "freeloaders" stay freeloaders. Many give in to the cash shop options once they get closer to end-game levels in F2P MMOs. In the case of this game, I have to say that I'm not inclined in the slightest to give them money yet. The fact that the Drow race is basically a 200 dollar purchase at the moment is a very big turn-off. However, the non-paying customers support the game long-term. Much longer than the 200 dollars each Founder contributed.

This post is a good post, and honestly, I agree with the changes needed. The only thing I think would benefit PW more, is offering something akin to what SOE offers with its games (Everquest, Planetside 2, etc). Having the option to sub monthly for 2-4 more character slots, minor stat benefits, maybe something like a basic mount immediately (horse or worg or whatever) and a base monthly income of Zen that equates to 1/3 or 1/2 of the subscription cost might be more suitable for long-term profit, on top of a cash shop (For example Planetside 2 offers 500 Station Cash per month for a $15 dollar recurring monthly subscription).

From my experience, playing F2P grind games almost always encourages the non-paying customers to buy something at some point in time, and from what I've seen, many of those "freeloaders" will subscribe when given the option if they like the game enough and the perks give them an edge--but not necessarily hand them all the aesthetics or the greatest things available in the cash shop. 15 dollars tends to look a lot more viable than plunking down 20 or 60 or even 100 to get some awesome gear, and if it provides a monthly income of Zen, players will remain committed to the subscription to get more cash equivalent items.
  • alubjunettialubjunetti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post. I have a feeling the "suits" who decide what happens don't care one iota about your very valid points. You can see GREED has surfaced it's ugly head. Yes I realize nothing in the store is "vital" to character progression, but that doesn't mean the prices are not straight up highway robbery. I'll play the game, but I'm not spending a cent.
  • loco55loco55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about having to buy ZEN to be able to WHISPER before getting to level 15, they want me to buy ZEN to MOTHERFREAKING WHISPER?!?! DA FAQ!
  • slashcryslashcry Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with everything aside from the group queue concept for Dungeons being bad. For me it's a great thing, the actual problem is that Dungeons are complete faceroll. Increase the difficulty of the Dungeons and that would increase the talking throughout the group. As it is now, people queue up to do a Dungeon to just faceroll through it quick for it's rewards, there's no reason to talk. You can always look in trade for people to queue up with you, so I don't see how it's a bad thing.

Really like the emphasis on the cash grab part. That, along with how easy Dungeons are, are my two main problems with this game currently that need to be resolved.
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TY for the replies. All very constructive with valid points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm ... you'll get drow in about 60ish days or so. To top it off, the stat bonuses are the same, I haven't looked at the specific racials but they're probably equivalent. We took the risk of investing 200 into a game that we've never played. That's more than 3 times the amount of a guardian. So do we deserve some special treatment? If it only goes as far as queue avoidance and early access to a race that is almost identical to one anyone else can use and will eventually get, sure. The founders pack is still available right?
  • kvarga74kvarga74 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teodorchoo wrote: »
    Seeing the amount of skins in CO which is also by cryptic i expeted to see more armor models in DDO NW too but i only see people running around in same gear im lvl 16 and i still look like lvl 1 gear

In all the games I play there are various skins with various looks. GW2 had really good themed skins around special events that could be bought or won in a lottery style... but other than those there was still plenty of other looks. I am only lvl 11 so far but even though I have put on 3 different sets of armor I still look the same, and that is a look shared by everyone around me in my class. I really hope they have time to develop more skins for armor and weapons.
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm starting to understand three high prices. with the fact that you can sell most items for ad bought with zen they won't make ad much of a return in the long run. i don't like the high prices one bit but it does kind of make sense.
    edited May 2013
    azrael4271 wrote: »
    I'm starting to understand three high prices. with the fact that you can sell most items for ad bought with zen they won't make ad much of a return in the long run. i don't like the high prices one bit but it does kind of make sense.

I want to wait to see where the market goes with this. I don't see how adding in a restrictive currency like AD is beneficial to PWE in terms of getting players to buy more Zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    I want to wait to see where the market goes with this. I don't see how adding in a restrictive currency like AD is beneficial to PWE in terms of getting players to buy more Zen.
    . . . . . Over the years, STO's current price fluctuates between 80 D per Z, to 110 D per Z. So yeah, over time expect the AD Exchange prices to drop drastically. I remember when the Dilithium system was new in STO, it resembles NWO's pricing to a T.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I have come to believe is that PWE has always pushed the limit that is player consideration of the free to play model. I mean to say that before any concept or idea is put into motion, a price goal is set. I'll talk more about this in the third section of this post.

You're right, PWE is greedy and so are almost all corporations. They're all trying to extract as much money from their consumers as possible. This is how the business world operates and has nothing to do with PWE in particular.
    Well, for most people the first thing they'll notice is the lack of... good customization with the character creator. Sure the design isn't that great but I mean to say that I had spent a lot more time making characters on the old Neverwinter RPGs than here. Slapping in a custom biography box that most people wont care to read is no good substitute either.

This is something many people are complaining about and rightfully so given the fact that previous Cryptic games all had very in depth character editors. What those people forget, however, is the fact that the engine has to be capable of rendering 40 unique character models simultaneously with lots of particle effects going off at the same time. This is not a single player game but a MMO. Without these limitations Gauntlgrym open world PvP/PvE or Protectors Enclave wouldn't be possible.
    I realize the auto group tool is really convenient but I find that it hinders community interaction. I tried it a few times already and find myself yet again spamming through a dungeon with people without a single word being said between anyone.

This is true unfortunately. But again, not a sign of bad game design but a problem with MMO communities in general.
    The loot system needs to give need priority to items only usable by certain classes. Especially with the auto group tool. Players can need everything and don't have to worry about any community labeling for their bad manners at all.

Most people don't know it any better. I agree that the current loot system leaves a lot to be desired. Class restricted loot tables would be much better.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I immediately want to point out that this game is crowned as having the most obvious and silly cash grabs ever attempted by PWE...

First I would think of the $19.99 and $59.99, and how I could make them reasonable. Now before I would even consider what I'd offer to players for these two prices, I'd understand if people simply wanted to pay $59.99 out of sheer appreciation for a good game. That is totally reasonable. That is also why I am a Guardian of Neverwinter.

But then this $200 comes into play and throws a wrench into things. $200 to say you love a game and you think it deserves it? Why not? That is totally fine. But the moment you add special benefits to players that wall off the rest of the community, is the moment you cross a terrible line. I am talking about the queue dodging system, and the Drow race being a privilege only to these buyers.

While it is true that the cash shop prices are too high, you got to realize that this is a F2P game and as such prices need to be higher than in b2p or subscription based MMOs. I think a limited 50% off sale like Sony did with their Station Cash after the release of Planetside 2 would be a good idea and give fans and players of this game the opportunity to get the stuff they want for a reasonable price.

As for the guardian pack, I think the price is reasonable. The guardian pack costs you 60€ that's 60€ for a Tier 3 mount and companion, 600k AD, a blue starter weapon, additional character slots and respec token. Were you to buy the same items from the zen store, you'd pay a lot more than that.
    But the Drow lock is the equivalent of the new and VERY CRITICALLY HATED practice that is day one DLC. With every game that releases a new game and charges more for content on the same day, there is a massive backlash from the community that leaves a clear burn mark on every review for those games.

It is very clear to me that the Drow was purposely made unavailable to the rest of the community for the sole purpose of getting more people to buy the $200 founder pack. I don't care if it's going to be available in 60 days anyways, that doesn't fool anyone into some sense of appreciation for it. Not when it only takes a few days to hit level cap anyways.

I agree that this wasn't the best decision. The drow race should have been available for everyone from the start.
    The next ridiculous topic I want to talk about are the Nightmare Boxes. Ok PWE, we know that your beloved scam lottery boxes have always been your biggest income. When you release a mount that is a flat $20 dollars and seems expensive... and that same mount as a possible reward in a lottery box worth only 50 cents! Except people open hundreds of the things and still don't get the mount.

Yes I know tons of people are getting the Nightmare Mount, but that is not the point. The Nightmare Mount never had a value to begin with. They've come up with a better way to get money from players by flipping the system to be more of an inconvenience for them. Before in PWE games, you would simply buy lottery boxes from the cash shop and right click them if you wanted to test your luck. Player driven masochism that only they could be blamed for.

But now instead, these magic boxes drop randomly off mobs and fly right into your inventory. Now you have to look at these boxes all day because you can't discard them. You only have two options, to buy keys from the cash shop to open the boxes or list them on the Auction House, where only people buying the keys are willing to buy the boxes from you.

GW2 got away with it because you could discard the boxes. By design that makes perfect sense. So either they need to be discard-able, or PWE needs to get rid of the keys and add the boxes back to the cash shop again.

Not being able to discard them is annoying indeed, but I don't think it was intentional. The game is still in beta, so stuff like this should be expected.
    I paid about $2000 to this company total in a few games where it was always my choice to spend the money. I was never required to pay into new content either. This is something new and it goes over the line for me.

I don't understand how this game is any different from other F2P and even B2P games. Sure, there's a lot of stuff you can spend money on but to be perfectly honest, the only thing you really need is a Tier 3 mount to compete in PvP and 2-3 greater bags of holding to not run out of inventory all the time. That's about 60€ or the price of a B2P game... No one forces you to buy lock boxes, companions, clothing or AD.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    The 200 buck guys are needed, who is going to support us freeloaders?

Yeah like this is the only F2P in existence, and like a lot of those are not just blatant cash brabs... Next. This model is inexcusable, I won't give them a cent because of it. Looking a Cryptic's games all they do is find big existing franchises to make cash cows out of. Marvel, Star Trek and DnD can be added to the list now.
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Over the years, STO's current price fluctuates between 80 D per Z, to 110 D per Z. So yeah, over time expect the AD Exchange prices to drop drastically. I remember when the Dilithium system was new in STO, it resembles NWO's pricing to a T.

I see. I'm going to have to learn in detail about all the uses for AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taikohitorataikohitora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players can need everything and don't have to worry about any community labeling for their bad manners at all.

Well that's not true. Quite the opposite, actually. Every character in this and all other Cryptic games is bound to an @account. There's an option to enable @handles in chat..and if you mouseover people it shows their @handle. If anything, that makes it -easier- to deal with the bad apples as you can not only avoid every character they play in this game, but in CO and STO as well.

I do agree the loot thing needs dealt with, though. I still find it ludicrous to have a Need/Greed/Pass system on unidentified items. How am I to know if I Need it if I don't even know what it -is-?..
    But the moment you add special benefits to players that wall off the rest of the community, is the moment you cross a terrible line. I am talking about the queue dodging system, and the Drow race being a privilege only to these buyers.

These arguments are, themselves, ridiculous. All three packs were listed for months showing all of the features available to them. Preferential queuing is not a new mechanic exclusive to Neverwinter; many F2P games have it for those who choose to pay. The only difference here is that a great number of people who purchased the Guardian pack didn't read or ignored the listing for the Hero pack...and then they viciously whined about how unfair it is that people who paid for it received it.
    One might as well whine about how unfair it is that they don't have a Ferarri when there are people who do. -_-;

As far as the whole "Drow is Day-one DLC" analogy, it doesn't hold water.
    The criticism of Day-one DLC is that it is content in a full retail game that is in game, but intentionally removed in order to force people to pay more than the amount they paid already. This is a situation where, yes, Drow are in game...but they will be released -for free- to everyone eventually. The bonus to Hero purchasers is simply getting to use them first.
    edited May 2013
    Well that's not true. Quite the opposite, actually. Every character in this and all other Cryptic games is bound to an @account. There's an option to enable @handles in chat..and if you mouseover people it shows their @handle. If anything, that makes it -easier- to deal with the bad apples as you can not only avoid every character they play in this game, but in CO and STO as well.

How are you supposed to avoid these players using the auto group tool? Lets say for example that you can put an @handle to a block list and the auto group tool will never group you with them again. Is the problem solved? Absolutely not, because the auto group tool will just group them with other players who have not had the pleasure of dealing with them yet. The tool itself gives players the ability to abuse the system all they want since people have no way of avoiding them till after they are burned. If you honestly think it's good enough that you will have to run 300 times to find all the people who steal your class preferred loot, after getting 300 items stolen, then you really don't understand the problem with this system at all.
    These arguments are, themselves, ridiculous. All three packs were listed for months showing all of the features available to them. Preferential queuing is not a new mechanic exclusive to Neverwinter; many F2P games have it for those who choose to pay. The only difference here is that a great number of people who purchased the Guardian pack didn't read or ignored the listing for the Hero pack...and then they viciously whined about how unfair it is that people who paid for it received it.
    One might as well whine about how unfair it is that they don't have a Ferarri when there are people who do. -_-;

As far as the whole "Drow is Day-one DLC analogy", it doesn't hold water.
    The criticism of Day-one DLC is that it is content in a full retail game that is in game, but intentionally removed in order to force people to pay more than the amount they paid already. This is a situation where, yes, Drow are in game...but they will be released -for free- to everyone eventually. The bonus to Hero purchasers is simply getting to use them before others.

I've made my points on this more clear than you seem to be understanding them, so I'll just agree to disagree. More than enough people agree with me to reassure me of my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talsictalsic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Great post. For me I have to say that most of the bad really is not a big deal to me except the Locked boxes getting stuck in my inventory. Hopefully that is just a glitch otherwise I will have to stop playing. Just too irritating for me. All the other "issues" are really just the price of doing a free to play game. I am totally good with the $200.00 Founder Kit and that restriction on Drow. Honestly I hope the restrictions on Drow don't go away. Drow are a designer race to begin with. If you know the history of Drow in D&D it is a race created to drive profits. It was the same way in Pen and Paper.
  • taikohitorataikohitora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you supposed to avoid these players using the auto group tool? Lets say for example that you can put an @handle to a block list and the auto group tool will never group you with them again. Is the problem solved? Absolutely not, because the auto group tool will just group them with other players who have not had the pleasure of dealing with them yet. The tool itself gives players the ability to abuse the system all they want since people have no way of avoiding them till after they are burned. If you honestly think it's good enough that you will have to run 300 times to find all the people who steal your class preferred loot, after getting 300 items stolen, then you really don't understand the problem with this system at all.

*shrugs* You leave the group if you see them again and find a new group? I agree that the group tool needs some updates if it indeed groups you with people on your block list...but you were talking about the ramifications of loot mongers to the community and a perceived inability to paint them with the appropriate scarlet letter. I, in turn, explained how you could.
    I've made my points on this more clear than you seem to be understanding them, so I'll just agree to disagree. More than enough people agree with me to reassure me of my opinion.

lol - These thinly veiled slights are distasteful and unwarranted. I believe the issue is not that I am not understanding what you're saying, but that I'm not agreeing with you. Surely, if I understood then I'd be agreeing with you, yes?...

Perhaps, though, I did misunderstand something. I, albeit foolishly, thought you might be engaging in discussion and that reasoning would temper your distaste. In fact, it would seem you're looking for validation of your beliefs.

*bows* I'll leave you to it, then.
    edited May 2013
    If one has to reassure himself of his opinion, why would he call it into question to begin with unless he were willing to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaly81kaly81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so i suck at forum posting but i have to agree with alot of this! Especially the Drow portion. As an old school MuD gamer i absolutely LOVE my drow race (has nothing to do with the fact that us ladys hold power though. ;) hehe ). So reading that i would have to pay $200 to play that race was a real turn off! Though aparently (as the original poster said) that in 6weeks it will be available, But i don't want to wait 6weeks! But i don't have $200 to blow to pay to play the class, even if i did i still wouldn't pay it, thats a total waste even with all the other things you get with it. I understand the crystals, mount, etc. But added the race into that pack was kinda... lame (?). As i said i suckat this kinda 'writing' thing but i'm really discouraged with this piece of the game.